Well This Sucks...

NOS2006

I'm sick.. quite sick. I think everything is failing me at once.

I went to the doctor yesterday after leaving work at lunch because I felt like major crap. Terribly sore throat and back, worst headache I've had in a long time, sore roof of my mouth (cut it open eating a burger Sunday night), swollen lymph nodes in my neck. Fun stuff.

So the doc tells me I've got a throat infection, not strep but just like it. Along with strained muscles in my lower back (no idea how I did that). I get put on prescription meds (wow, I don't know if I've ever had to say that other than a couple other times in my life), and I'm feeling much better. Except for the fact that the preexisting bacteria in my mouth from my throat has spread to that cut I had on the roof of my mouth, so now my gums/roof of mouth are red, swollen, and have some puss-pockets. Wonderful.

Good thing I had a few days to use for paid vacation/sick days. :(

*puts on rubber gloves and surgical mask to type in reply*

Ugh, Nosinger, that is horrible. Hopefully you'll get rid of those pus pockets soon.

You need a neti pot. I have had trouble with sinus infections since I moved to PA, and that darn little neti pot warshes out my sinuses beautifully and shortens my sick time.

Don't be scurred. It's just a little pitcher. It comes with little packets of baking soda and salt. You fill up the pitcher to the line, pour in a packet, stir it up, then lean over the sink looking left, then right while sticking the pitcher spout into each nostril, pouring the solution into your sinuses to flush them out. Breathe through your mouth and no drowning will occur. It's easy. Edited by ocnblu

I guess it could be worse? Your co-op isnt GM is it NOS? Some guys at GM are complaining they are losing there slave labor at the end of the kettering term due to some cutbacks. Which to me it seems GM can write all the co-ops off since its for educational purposes.

Utt Ohh, sounds like Thrush - Candidiasis ...

http://www.gmhc.org/health/treatment/factsheets/thrush.html

I had thrush last year when I had my tonsils out/palette reshaped and refused to eat/drink anything for a week.

I won't go into details, but it was a shiiiiiiity experience altogether.

As for the neti pot, well, I had sinus infections every 1-2 months for years. Since I started using my neti pot (and I only use it once/week), 3 years ago, I've only had one sinus infection.