Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

So...

I went to see Friday the 13th a few days ago.

It was pretty impressive. But I think I liked Jason better as a Zombie because he was more 'supernatural' and didn't need to be human to kill people. You can definitely tell the Texas Chainsaw influence in this movie (The same guy did the Texas Chainsaw remake)

Saw The Spirit a while back...

Some hot chicks and cool elements, but don't waste your time. The 'mythical' and 'beat cop' elements of this story don't quite mix IMO. maybe they were better in the novel (which I've never read) Now I know why Frank Miller retired after the RoboCop movies (because apparently he can't make a decent movie. First 300, and now this... Sin City is my favorite movie, but Miller didn't have full control over it, so that explains why it was so good)

Best movie I've seen recently: GRAN TORINO!

My favorite Eastwood movie is Unforgiven, but this comes in a close second. EXCELLENT movie!

I'm pretty fired up about Watchmen (even though I fear Frank Millers involvement) Pretty jazzed about Transformers II and pretty psyched about the new Terminator... I'm even a little excited about the new Fast & Furious.

I've only seen two new movies in the theatre so far this year--'Gran Torino' and 'The International'. I've been a Clint fan since I was a kid in the late '70s watching his old Westerns w/ my Dad (and later the Dirty Harry movies). Gran Torino was very good, very well done, IMHO. Clint still is a powerful presence, even at 78. The International was a decent spy-type thriller, some good locations, Clive Owen as an Interpol agent up against a corrupt Swiss bank.

Some upcoming movies I'm looking forward to are 'Watchmen', 'Duplicity', 'State of Play' (I liked the UK TV version, and this version has the always excellent Russell Crowe), and 'Angels and Demons' (I loved the book, and liked the 'DeVinci Code' adaptation)...

As far as recent movies out on DVD, I've seen 'Lakeview Terrace' (Samuel L Jackson as the cop w/ issues next door), 'Body of Lies' (decent Middle East spy thriller w/ Leo DeCaprio and Russell Crowe) and 'Rocknrolla' (Guy Ritchie back w/ London gangsters, pretty good) in the last couple of weeks.

Edited by moltar

Have only seen a couple movies over the last couple months...

Let the Right One In - Swedish vampire movie, snubbed by the Academy. Luckily for the tards who cannot/refuse to read subtitles, there's an American remake in the works. On behalf of semi-intelligent movie fans the world over, I present to these morons (and the movie studios who supply this trash) an endless suplly of cyanide. Thanks for filling our theaters with completely unimaginative and/or unoriginal bull$h!. Asses.

Taken - The plot was very, very simple (Besson's movies have never been too complex, really). However, still fun to see Liam Neeson be badass.

Have only seen a couple movies over the last couple months...

Taken - The plot was very, very simple (Besson's movies have never been too complex, really). However, still fun to see Liam Neeson be badass.

Taken is on my to-see list. I usually like Besson's movies, and have always liked Liam Neeson.

I'm pretty fired up about Watchmen (even though I fear Frank Millers involvement)

Well, you can put those fears about Watchmen to rest, since Frank Miller isn't involved in making Watchmen. Alan Moore, the author of Watchmen, is having nothing to do with the movie, although illustrator David Gibbons is. Zach Snyder, the director of 300, is also the director of Watchmen, but as bad as 300 was, that was more due to Miller's influence, not Snyder's.

Well, you can put those fears about Watchmen to rest, since Frank Miller isn't involved in making Watchmen. Alan Moore, the author of Watchmen, is having nothing to do with the movie, although illustrator David Gibbons is. Zach Snyder, the director of 300, is also the director of Watchmen, but as bad as 300 was, that was more due to Miller's influence, not Snyder's.

Awesome!

(I guess I just assumed that Miller was involved since it's a graphic novel flick *shrugs*)