A quarter-million and counting

XP715

Last night at around 11:00 PM, I hit the quarter-million mile mark in my 1990 Chevrolet Suburban. Sixty8 was there to verify and document the event:

burb250k.jpg

Still going strong after 19 years; can't wait for 300,000!

I have almost 300,000 miles on my 1994 GMC suburban, but I drive it about 30,000 miles every year. Solid as a Rock and not a piece of Toy $h! that cannot handle real world camping, off roading etc. Anyone who says american build lousy Auto's are the ones that are lazy cause they would never do the 30K tune ups and maintenance that allows these vehicles to last just about for ever.

Rock on XP715 and welcome to the 250K + club of the best SUV's on the road. :D

Awesome. I'm really glad to hear that the General puts out such good vehicles. If only the foreign-car aficionados could see that our odometers match, or exceed, theirs, things might be different in Detroit today. And this is speaking from remembering the era in the Los Angeles area where everybody had, or wanted, a Cutlass Supreme, Greg Brady hair was commonplace, disco reigned, house prices were reasonable and the sun shone! (Well, at least the sun still shines).

Which engine powers your sled?

The ever-dependable TBI 350 V8

My 1994 also had the TBI 350 V8 or 5.7 liter as they called it. Course a couple years ago I decided to go for some fun and bore mine out to a 402.

Now I am thinking of changing it over to become a duramax Diesel. I bought the book on how to do the conversion and am shopping around as it is cheaper to buy a used Duramax with allison tranny than to buy the two pieces and the wireing harness.

Rock on Everyone with Americas BEST SUV's. :D

The ever-dependable TBI 350 V8

I would have imagined!

This would have been cast-iron block/cast-iron head with the injection through what looks to have a carburetor*, right? I like cast-iron block/cast-iron head engines.

*a RWD Monte Carlo with the 4.3 Vortec V6 I once got to drive had the TBI in what looked like an everyday air cleaner assembly! "Original issue" Sevilles had their TBI in what looked like a regular air cleaner assembly as well.

This would have been cast-iron block/cast-iron head with the injection through what looks to have a carburetor*, right? I like cast-iron block/cast-iron head engines.

You are correct, sir :)

Works for my 2 old ones though those dont have the mileage yours does. Had a Co-worker tell me that a toyota had 400,000 on it. I asked him if it had a body left.