Future Buick Flagship

mwaters

No this will not happen until one of two things, Buick gets sold off to be independant or gm actually does survive and focuses on Buick to get the product line up and running even better.

I suspect the independant option as of now.

The 2010 LaCrosse (I cringe every time I type that name) should be the flagship. It's big enough. Buick needs to start expanding downward now. With stricter CAFE regulations on the horizon, unstable economic conditions, and fluctuating fuel prices, Buick needs smaller products in their lineup like never before. As long as GM properly executes the products, then there shouldn't be any problem with the brand gaining smaller vehicles.

• 1 month later...

The 2010 LaCrosse should not be considered Buicks flagship. It only offers V6 engines. It's mid sized with the trunk of a compact at only 12.8-13.3 cu. ft. It weights about 500 lbs too much for it's mid size interior measurements and small trunk. It's exterior it too plain and AWD is going to be a mid level base engine only proposition. To be a flagship you have to do better than this.

I'd consider the Buick Enclave is their true flagship, though Susan Docherty referred to the new LaCrosse as the flagship.

Well I think the LaCrosse is more fitting (still wish it was called Invicta). It has unique powertrains and features, as well as an amazing interior. On top of all that it debuts the EPII platform in the US.

The 2010 LaCrosse should not be considered Buicks flagship. It only offers V6 engines. It's mid sized with the trunk of a compact at only 12.8-13.3 cu. ft. It weights about 500 lbs too much for it's mid size interior measurements and small trunk. It's exterior it too plain and AWD is going to be a mid level base engine only proposition. To be a flagship you have to do better than this.

sho....365hp....awd.....20 cu ft trunk....more trunk and spunk for your money!!!!!!!!!

But it's still a Ford Taurus.

I'd assume the Buick brand would bring a perception of more luxury.

depending on what color your hair is..........and how many agile limbs you have.......

MKs ecoboost specced the same as a SHO won't cost much more once incentives are factored in anyways. the MKs has potential to gain lots of business once they incentivize it more, get ecoboost in it, and it will eat a little into GM's offerings.

Edited by regfootball

I personally think the problem with the auto industry today is the thought that "FLAGSHIP" means V8, BIG, etc. I think the flagship cars of the future will be smaller, more efficient to survive. The flagship concept of the past is dead and has killed Oldsmobile, Pontiac, etc. You can't live in the past. The young boy concept of big mean machine is only a dream of the past. To survive the auto makers must be smarter than to continue the BIG trucks, BIG SUV's, BIG flagship cars. What we need is well designed, economical to run automobiles with up to date technology. Bash all you want, this is the ONLY way auto makers will survive...

I personally think the problem with the auto industry today is the thought that "FLAGSHIP" means V8, BIG, etc. I think the flagship cars of the future will be smaller, more efficient to survive. The flagship concept of the past is dead and has killed Oldsmobile, Pontiac, etc. You can't live in the past. The young boy concept of big mean machine is only a dream of the past. To survive the auto makers must be smarter than to continue the BIG trucks, BIG SUV's, BIG flagship cars. What we need is well designed, economical to run automobiles with up to date technology. Bash all you want, this is the ONLY way auto makers will survive...

Well, I think that bigger=better is simply ingrained in the human psyche. The Mercedes flagship is the big car. The only makes I can think of that have a small flagship are Smart and Mini.

This is like hoping that the it will be hip to have no wealth or that people will be envious of the small penis.

Not really seeing that happen.

I suspect the LaCrosse ends up being the flagship because everyone has given up on the Lucerne for dead.

Well, I think that bigger=better is simply ingrained in the human psyche. The Mercedes flagship is the big car. The only makes I can think of that have a small flagship are Smart and Mini.

This is like hoping that the it will be hip to have no wealth or that people will be envious of the small penis.

Not really seeing that happen.

I suspect the LaCrosse ends up being the flagship because everyone has given up on the Lucerne for dead.

you become a star in hollywood and want to spend money, you buy a big house.

part of the reason mini has the aura it does is because it is a bmw.

a front drive discount bmw. in the frame of reference to the mini actually being a bmw, it ain't no flagship. conversely, the flagship mini could not sell for near as much as a flagship bmw. why? size. no one will pay the same for a tiny mini as they would for an S class. the price tag has to reflect the difference.

the small to big perception thing is not US cars alone. shi--t little toyota or scion, Lexus LS. Hyundai accent to Genesis sedan.

little to big. the price varies accordingly. just like the size of your fries at mcdonalds or 1, 2, 3 patties on your burger at wendys.

Edited by regfootball