Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

A Thought Regarding the 2009 Sebring's Interior

MyerShift

I know that it's still a hideous car and not up to snuff, but I have to say that I feel its interior looks better in black. Or as Chrysler calls it, Dark Slate Grey.

I had an opportunity to sit in a Touring model with this colour interior, and although the plastics are still blah and dreary, they somehow take on a more substantial appearance to me when presented in black.

And, the leather on the wheel felt great!

When I get an opportunity, I will obtain pictures. I went to autotrader.com (lol) to look at the insides in black because I liked it.

Alright, they are not mine, but they are from cars for sale, so here are Sebring Limited interior shots in Dark Slate Grey.

This interior colour would actually have me overlooking the atrocities of the exterior in consideration of purchasing one (though not soon since I have my VW from hell).

Enjoy!

Sebring5.jpg

Sebring4.jpg

Sebring3.jpg

Sebring2.jpg

Sebring1.jpg

Edited by MyerShift

Hmm, well certainly better than the gray interior. Although I never had a problem with the interior design of the Sebring (besides the center console's lack of design). It's everything else I have a problem with. :P

Well! That didn't take long at all! I was considering sending a PM to say, hey, those pics are up.

Nah, it's not the interior that looks better when you're blind, that'd be the exterior, hehe.

I'm not a fan of the Sebring's, well, anything. But the interior does look better in black. Then again, that's like the top-of-the-line interior. Get a base and it's barf city.

I'm not a fan of the Sebring's, well, anything. But the interior does look better in black. Then again, that's like the top-of-the-line interior. Get a base and it's barf city.

It is, but the midline Touring that I sat in I didn't mind.

We just did about $9k worth of work to the front end of an '08 Sebring Limited in that gunmetal color, with the lighter gray interior. Yes, the big headlights are still a sticking point, but overall, I have mellowed considerably to the design. Heck, a base Avenger isn't even horrible, imo. They're no worse than Chrysler's efforts in this class ever were. The competition is... different, shall I say, but in my travels, I've seen a good amount of the current Sebring/Avenger on the road. SOMEBODY must want a modest, workaday midsize sedan.

I sill think the Sebring is a huge step back from the car it replaced, which had a timeless, elegant shape to it.

As for the Avenger, I've never really had a big problem with the design. It would work better with a longer wheelbase could be longer with a shorter front overhang, and a more elegant roof slope, but it really only looks off in profile photos, not in person.

I sill think the Sebring is a huge step back from the car it replaced, which had a timeless, elegant shape to it.

I do agree with that!

However, I think I'll just come out and say it, I like the styling of the interior of the Sebring. Not the steering wheel though, it's odd.

But not as odd and unpleasant as the exterior.