ego boost

ocnblu

Saturday, I cleaned up the Cobalt to take some pictures. As I was driving around town, I noticed another Cobalt behind me, driving a bit aggressively. I came to a red light, and it pulled up next to me. I took a quick glance, it was a Blue Granite LT four door with a young Latin driver, windows down, sunroof open, blasting his music. I sat quietly, eyes locked on the traffic light. When it turned green, I laid a major patch of rubber and caught second gear. Next red light, I'm in the turning lane, he pulls up next to me, salutes, grins and says "all stock?" I said (a bit amused) "yeah". He looked at my clean green car with the new rims and said "beeeautiful..." I said "thanks" in a rico suave way as the light turned green and we went our separate ways.

As many cars as I've owned, I know a Cobalt is a modest little car, but when it's clean and with the new wheels, it is a handsome little thing if I do say so myself. So I'm content for now, driving with my new perspective, post-Sierra 5.3L Flowmaster badassedness.

I still get compliments on mine after four years of ownership. The best one was a guy I met at a gas station late last year. He called my car beautiful and proceeded to tell me how he used to own one and loved it very much until his daughter wrecked it. Wifey made him get a Corolla to replace it and he said it was such a POS and the car really made him miss the Cobalt.

When I had a Cobalt I got compliment from a kid. No stranger has ever said anything about tthe other cars besides the Grand Marquis. I was at Autozone and a guy about my age pulled up in an `04 and we shot the breeze for a little while.

Oh and I got a thumbs up from a Jetta owner while driving a VW Bus....VW owners are special people. *nods*