GMX001 Cobalt news

me3head

Makes sense. 3 year a life cycle. Despite the fact the Cobalt is a hit, there are some minor stuff that proves the Cobalt was rushed a slight bit. Somehow after the makeover of the Malibu and the Impala, the Cobalt starts to stand out from a design look point of view, looking less like a family. I would hope that the Cobalt bear more family resemblance.

This is great news...they're not gonna let it wither on the vine for ten years after all. Hopefully they address the complaints about the interior bits, and give it some more power across the board to keep it ahead of the pack.

Cobalt interior, especially in base form, is not class competitive. The materials need to improve all around, from the cheap dash materials to the cheap "alluminum" materials to the cheap climate controls [my 97 Nissan honestly has better materials there] to the cheap radios [again better in my '97]. Redo the whole interior. It's not that I wouldn't want to own it, but it makes me angry to see it compared to the competition [read new Civic, only one year after cobalt] and the competition makes it look like a rental Cavalier again. Serious redo for the interior. Exterior freshening will only help as long as they keep it going in the right direction there.

This is great news...they're not gonna let it wither on the vine for ten years after all. Hopefully they address the complaints about the interior bits, and give it some more power across the board to keep it ahead of the pack.

[post="53841"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Indeed! Everything stays fresh.. and that's the way to do it!

Cobalt interior, especially in base form, is not class competitive. The materials need to improve all around, from the cheap dash materials to the cheap "alluminum" materials to the cheap climate controls [my 97 Nissan honestly has better materials there] to the cheap radios [again better in my '97]. Redo the whole interior. It's not that I wouldn't want to own it, but it makes me angry to see it compared to the competition [read new Civic, only one year after cobalt] and the competition makes it look like a rental Cavalier again. Serious redo for the interior. Exterior freshening will only help as long as they keep it going in the right direction there.

[post="53842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not class competitive? Try class lagging! Okay, it beats Focus and a few others...face it, the Cobalt was never ever going to attract a clientele "premium" from the current Cavalier or the Honda Civic, or Toyota Corolla, or anything like that. The windshield on the coupe is so upright looking, I thought they were using my 1989 Buick Century as a preferred angle! And the rear window goes overhead of the rear seat-are you guys ever going to learn? Sporty is one thing-safety needs to be there too. And the coupe and sedan passenger volumes and rear legroom definitely lags well behind the rest of the class. 83 and 87 cubic feet? The Corolla and old Cavalier had 90 for sedans; the old Cavalier coupe had 87. And the rear seat legroom norm is 35-36"-Cobalt has like 33.7". Miserably sad for a car that's like 103" wheelbase and 180" overall length-pretty oversized for a compact by at least 2". GM needs to get its space and fuel efficiency groove back and now, or else it will continue to lose out until they get something fully right, and that's right down to actual full cloth upholstery, respectable interiors with vast passenger and cargo room, a lower-than-competition price, good price to equipment ratio, important safety features STANDARD (i.e. side airbags, ABS), and more. The Cobalt fails on every single one of those counts. Is it just me, or is it a pattern that GM's cars and trucks get good initial reviews, only to find out the products are far behind most of the rest of the class not too much later? I think I sense some buttering up, but that's just me.

[post="53842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ageed, I own one, the interior needs an upgrade.

This was HOT! I hope it's a sign of things to come! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image