GMX386

I am sorry, if I made you feel unhappy.... the other day.
Of course I could be wrong also, it happens often!
My comments were likely fueled by your interesting and
mysterious writing skills which I thought, at the time, were
difficult to understand, and funny....please forgive me.

[post="56914"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL! Looking at these delays and rumoured out-and-out cancellations, I may have been feeling the other day a bit like John Rock at Oldsmobile when he commented about somebody having just shot his "gosh darn" horse out from under him :)

I was responding to your implying I'd had something to gain by suggesting 002, 386, etc. were cancelled. Trust me that I have only GM's best interests at heart. I'm a generally pessimistic guy and have a habit of looking for people to comiserate with. No desire to see the General do anything but succeed. In fact, I think I'd stated in another post I was recently a buyer of GM @ $23.06.

For what it's worth as well, between myself and an analyst friend we've been able to find quite a few people at GM to say the 386 is still on. We'll see what comes.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard all mid-size cars are now being rolled the into Smegma platform.

[post="56922"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought I heard Zagnut was considerd, but may have been previously trademarked. Edited by Ghost Dog

Have you heard anything about 002 suggesting it's still on?

[post="56929"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No. My information suggests GMX002 really is cancelled. The confidence level on this is a lot better than the 386.

One thing AH-HA mentioned about a "large" supplier continuing to work on the 002 did cause me to pause if only for a moment because the original supplier I'd heard from was a Tier 3 supplier (small and privately-held, but still key for the program). GM also told them that the business was not being awarded to a competitor (similar situation as with the 386). But, I've been able to coordinate the 002 information with additional supplier sources and an analyst friend who cited a "very highly placed" source in GM who confirmed it to him. I don't know who his source is and know enough not to ask, but he's been very solid in the past. The same source could not produce for me corraboration of reports the 386 was cancelled.

I have ways of confirming for sure if the 002 is cancelled but can't control the timing of when I'm privvy to the information (and haven't yet been). These supplier source are, for the time being, the only source of my information. Like I said, they imply work on the program has stopped.

No.  My information suggests GMX002 really is cancelled.  The confidence level on this is a lot better than the 386.

One thing AH-HA mentioned about a "large" supplier continuing to work on the 002 did cause me to pause if only for a moment because the original supplier I'd heard from was a Tier 3 supplier (small and privately-held, but still key for the program).  GM also told them that the business was not being awarded to a competitor (similar situation as with the 386).  But, I've been able to coordinate the 002 information with additional supplier sources and an analyst friend who cited a "very highly placed" source in GM who confirmed it to him.  I don't know who his source is and know enough not to ask, but he's been very solid in the past.  The same source could not produce for me corraboration of reports the 386 was cancelled.

I have ways of confirming for sure if the 002 is cancelled but can't control the timing of when I'm privvy to the information (and haven't yet been).  These supplier source are, for the time being, the only source of my information.  Like I said, they imply work on the program has stopped.

[post="56949"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The key may be what this large supplier is working on and whether it is platform independent (given a similar program is still planned).

I can coordinate that. And then at the end of the week I could write up a review of the facts the insiders shared with us that week. The Weekly Insider Review. On another note: BEST THREAD EVER! I don't have time to comment but a big :cheers: :CG_all: :bowdown: for the wealth of information. And to ah-ha for saying RWD Medium is getting more programs. :cheers: :cheers: :wub: I think that's what someone else here meant when they said I'd be very happy.

I was going to suggest something similar, but it has it's drawbacks (no input from mighty mouse etc.) and I can't really discuss it here :AH-HA_wink: To quote one of my favorite Harrison Ford movies: "The course of action I'd suggest is the course of action I can't suggest." Edited by thegriffon

I was going to suggest something similar, but it has it's drawbacks (no input from mighty mouse etc.) and I can't really discuss it here  :AH-HA_wink:

[post="57012"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed but in that case you would do what we normally do.

It's like they don't want us mere mortals to know what they are talking about . . .

[post="57021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I got the same strangest feeling, Joe. I think if we combine the insider thread with the Weekly Insider Review thing (turbie's idea) it would be very cool. Instead of going through 10 pages of people arguing and guessing, just one thread with insider info (perhaps one that no can reply to?) is a good idea.

yes, actually, it is!

[post="57066"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Which is why there are industrial intelligence analysts in the first place. I would have been happy to keep discussing it privately, but perhaps it's time for GM to issue some reassurances or updates re certain programs that some of us were shown earlier this year (with perhaps a little more discretion this time).

Well, this IS an enthusiast site, and enthusiasts sites generally get posts from insiders on future product development. If GM has a problem with it, then GM needs to address their massive security leaks. As long as there are security leaks, this site will utilize its sources to provide that info to enthusiasts.

Well, this IS an enthusiast site,

[post="57089"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmm

You know I never liked the whole C&G underground thing.It seems contrary to the idea. I don't like the idea of secret societies. And dark hidden things. Edited by Ghost Dog

But...why would GM be trying to get a supplier to commit to a dead program?  That's what he's saying...if GM is trying for a commitment, it obviously isn't dead...

[post="57133"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, what I'm saying is if the program is still "alive" then GM will expect commitments from suppliers who are assigned work. Being told by others that it has been cancelled undermines that. Especially in the current environment many will be asking "What is GM not telling us?"

No, what I'm saying is if the program is still "alive" then GM will expect commitments from suppliers who are assigned work. Being told by others that it has been cancelled undermines that. Especially in the current environment many will be asking "What is GM not telling us?"

[post="57323"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

as far as we are being told by our GM reps, the 2008 Malibu is a go for a new model and will be powered by the 3.6-V6. :) :)

I actually think this is from a regional dealer rep, when he said rep.  Ergo I think this is false information.  Why would a regional rep know about a program that is still on the drawing board?

You're right...he wouldn't. Dealer Reps and salespeople tend to talk a good game but have little or no more information than anyone who reads Motor Trend or Car and Driver regularly.

If that PM rendering of the next gen Malibu is even close I say good to the delayed 08 version. The current car is fine and if Chevy beefed it up a bit for 07 with nice seat cloth, better dash, making the 2.4 std and getting some more respectable power figures from the relatively big 3500 V6 it will continue to do fine. BTW the base $17995 models are flying off dealer lots in upstate, NY. Not sure how they are doing elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...