GMX386

Why did this hot topic die off suddenly 3 weeks ago?

[post="66024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Didn't it reach a point where it looked like-

GMX 386 is on and will be some sort an Aura clone? On Ep1 with Ep2 for both delayed?

But that the lordstown Gmx002 ION is dead. Edited by Ghost Dog

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did this hot topic die off suddenly 3 weeks ago?

[post="66024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Until GM makes some announcements, there really is nothing more to say about the 2008 Malibu as well as any future RWD cars.

Because everyone is running in circles on stuff that isn't true.

[post="66064"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well don't two circles touching at a single point describe a figure eight. Are you trying to tell us that GM is getting into figure eight racing in a big way. Isn't it entirely necessary to have an OHC engine for such a vehicle. Will a beam rear axle suffice? Why doen't GM market the figure eight racer to taxi fleets since they already run around in circles. What does figure eight racing say about the 2008 presedential election.
:CG_all:
Happy new year!

Well don't two circles touching at a single point describe a figure eight.  Are you trying to tell us that GM is getting into figure eight racing in a big way.  Isn't it entirely necessary to have an OHC engine for such a vehicle.  Will a beam rear axle suffice?  Why doen't GM market the figure eight racer to taxi fleets since they already run around in circles.  What does figure eight racing say about the 2008 presedential election.
:CG_all:
Happy new year!

[post="66099"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Jesus Jumpin Christ, you guys treat AH-HA and the other insiders like they are making maps to the holy grail. It was a general statement made using everyday rhetoric, quit treating his word like its a damned boardgame.

Jesus Jumpin Christ, you guys treat AH-HA and the other insiders like they are making maps to the holy grail. It was a general statement made using everyday rhetoric, quit treating his word like its a damned boardgame.

[post="66424"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

look up humor in the dictonary, memroize it. Make it a new years resolution to use a little every day.

Guest YellowJacket894
I've read 4 pages... And I need a Tylenol the size of a asteroid. I... Know what? Forget it. I'm so confused, I don't know how to respond.

I've read 4 pages... And I need a Tylenol the size of a asteroid.

I... Know what? Forget it. I'm so confused, I don't know how to respond.

[post="66688"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:)
NG Malibu is still on. Will still have that wonderful styling everyone raved about, including ah-ha. There was some consideration that it had been delayed and consolidated onto EP II, but it has not and continues on the same schedule, as of now.

The Evoke, next gen Ion, seems to be cancelled now, and will be consolidated likely onto the Astra's platform as all Delta cars switch to that platform. HHR will be the last Delta.

NG G6 is up in the air, though it is most likely being consolidated to the global EP II platform. There is a push here, and seemingly within the walls of GM, for Pontiac to focus on RWD with the G6 and larger G8 possibly [notice I said seemingly].

Aura is on schedule and doing fine.

That's pretty much all there is right now.

[post="66424"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Enlightened sarcasm. This is no regular GM board. Good people here.

Guest YellowJacket894
Oh, okay then. :lol: The only thing I remember before getting the skinny on this was thinking, "GM isn't going to cancel the Malibu that the press was needing clean shorts for, are they?" Then thinking, "Well, maybe. They have done stupid crap in the past..." Then going back to the first thought and answering that question with the second thought over and over...

Oh, okay then. :lol:

The only thing I remember before getting the skinny on this was thinking, "GM isn't going to cancel the Malibu that the press was needing clean shorts for, are they?" Then thinking, "Well, maybe. They have done stupid crap in the past..." Then going back to the first thought and answering that question with the second thought over and over...

[post="66697"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that's what we all freaking out about in the first few pages. It seems GM chose to eliminate one supplier contract, but other suppliers have been retained, so the '08 Malibu isn't going anywhere, thankfully. GM needs that car NOW.

:)
NG Malibu is still on. Will still have that wonderful styling everyone raved about, including ah-ha. There was some consideration that it had been delayed and consolidated onto EP II, but it has not and continues on the same schedule, as of now.

The Evoke, next gen Ion, seems to be cancelled now, and will be consolidated likely onto the Astra's platform as all Delta cars switch to that platform. HHR will be the last Delta.

NG G6 is up in the air, though it is most likely being consolidated to the global EP II platform. There is a push here, and seemingly within the walls of GM, for Pontiac to focus on RWD with the G6 and larger G8 possibly [notice I said seemingly].

Aura is on schedule and doing fine.

That's pretty much all there is right now.

[post="66691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Astra platform should've been considered in the first place instead of adding more money to make it less sporty. What the hell is up with that?

Pontiac going RWD is very smart. Saturn should be AWD and Chevy should be mainly FWD.

Pontiac going RWD and cheap AWD for those that need it is the best way to recreate that brand. Also through innovative and exciting styling and competing in segments GM isn't in any way shape or form possible of competing in right now, like a 3-series vert competitor or WRX competitor. These are segments I can only dream of GM competing in. They would drastically change the way GM, Pontiac, Chevy, et al would be viewed.

Make it RWD.... :D

Personally I'm glad the Ion is being consolidated onto the Astra's platform - the Astra is a big hit here in Europe. Hopefully this means GM is going to be truly global in future. I mean really GMNA should be concentrating on Sigmas, Lambdas, BOF and Corvettes, leave everything else to Opel and Daewoo

Personally I'm glad the Ion is being consolidated onto the Astra's platform - the Astra is a big hit here in Europe.  Hopefully this means GM is going to be truly global in future.

I mean really GMNA should be concentrating on Sigmas, Lambdas, BOF and Corvettes, leave everything else to Opel and Daewoo

[post="66906"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It is speculation that the Saturn Ion is moving to Europe for development. There has been no solid info as to the future of GMX002.

The Astra platform should've been considered in the first place instead of adding more money to make it less sporty.  What the hell is up with that?

Pontiac going RWD is very smart.  Saturn should be AWD and Chevy should be mainly FWD.

[post="66729"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Isn't the current Astra platform the Delta platform? Or this a next-gen Astra platform different from Delta that is being discussed?

current Astra, I beleive, only shares front suspension components, but the Delta's rear beam axle is completely different. someone with more knowledge could speak of this, but the current astra is definitely different from Delta. Delta is only used here, when it is technically "newer" than the Astra platform, Europe turned it down.

As i understand it the present Astra is on the old Astra platform with a few goodies from Delta added on. One of the proposal floated here was that both the North American Delta and the Astra platform would be combined on a new but related platform.

I have a suspicion there won't be any 2008 MY GMNA launches. I suspect that after One of the Lambdas, it will be awhile. I suspect there is a tempest brewing in 2007.With nothing new being planned for GMNA in that time frame. I suspect there was a realization plants may stop running in 07. And that timing launches for that time was pointless. Just my suspicion. GM may be building a Fallout shelter. Edited by Ghost Dog

In this thread the Ion was Said to be dead as a doornail. The Eternal footmen was eyeing the NG Malibu. In other threads Trailblazer/Envoy - cancelled Zeta-Cancelled SRX-Cancelled The MCE Cobalt is'nt really a new launch. And the next VUE may not be a GMNA vehicle The Only Certain 2007 launch GMNA vehicle other then Lambda's, that has'nt been said somewhere here to be dead,cancelled or work stoped was the CTS. Edited by Ghost Dog

In this thread the Ion was  Said to be dead as a doornail.

The Eternal footmen was eyeing the NG Malibu.

In other threads

Trailblazer/Envoy -  cancelled
Zeta-Cancelled
SRX-Cancelled

The MCE Cobalt is'nt really a new launch.
And the next VUE may not be a GMNA vehicle
The Only Certain 2007 launch GMNA vehicle other then Lambda's, that has'nt been said somewhere here to be dead,cancelled or work stoped  was the CTS.

[post="72721"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually I think the GMT360s are getting scaled back on the refresh. I expect a new interior and that is about all.

SRX has only been delyared six months, and it's for a complete overhaul instead of an MCE. The CTS, Ion, Vue are all still seemingly on track for that year. We still haven't receieved the full word on the 361's, though the last thing ah-ha said about it was there was no need to worry since it was cancelled, in a very cryptic fashion. I still expect a MCE for at least the TB, but more like just an interior refresh like 91z4me said.