Chrysler Imperial

mwaters

As long as its appearance is suitably different from the 300, it could be a stand alone model. Otherwise, just make it like a trim option. I don't see why Chrysler couldn't have a better looking, more affordable large car than Mercedes. Hey, Audi and VW seem to squabble all the time when it comes to vehicle models, hehe. And, Mercedes-Benz has stretched so far down with the A-, B- and even C-Class vehicles and the smart cars, anything in Chrysler's line up could technically conflict with Mercedes-Benz's financial comfort zone. I would rather have a Chrysler 300C SRT-8 than the Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG.

Wow... let's hope it does as niced of a job of paying homage to the classic Imperials as the 300C does paying tribute to the classic 300 cars.

Some awsome Imperials from back in the day:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894
Posted Image

Oh, dear God. If it's anything like that lump of K-Car crap, I'll have some designer's head on a pike. That died for a reason, ya' know. And I'd like for it to stay that way.

Oh boy, sounds excellent.  Can't wait to see it.  I have a soft spot in my heart for Mopars, and any extension of the LX family is a good idea, imo.

[post="58831"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. I hope that this car can truly be different from the 300, with an interior worthy of the Imperial. I think it's a great idea if done correctly.

...any extension of the LX family is a good idea, imo.

[post="58831"][/post]

Right on Ocnblu!

Yesterday me and Marcia were discussing possible purchases in terms of trading in the STS.... the milage is getting HIGH now and the repairs just keep coming.

Other than the three SUVs Marcia likes: (FX45, SRX, Trailblazer) there's only one other new car on the market that really grabbs her attention:

Charger. Black, esp. the SRT8.

She likes the 300C as well but says it is not as bad-ass and muscle car like. Not taht we can afford any of these we were just dreaming. Saddly she does not like the stacked headlights on the Curent STS. Go figure.

Posted Image

Needs a much better interior then the 300, needs a longer rear end and a distinctive <upscale> face.

[post="58933"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You hit the nail right on the head. The rear needs to be lengthened. The 300 already looks stumpy. If they stretch the wheelbase without making the rear overhang longer, it will look like a hot dog.

You hit the nail right on the head. The rear needs to be lengthened. The 300 already looks stumpy. If they stretch the wheelbase without making the rear overhang longer, it will look like a hot dog.

[post="59294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree the rear overhang would have to be lengthened, but I also think the wheelbase should be also. 4-6 inches would do wonders.

I am hoping that the new Imperial will be more than just the "stretched" 300 that also has a topic running on here...not that there is anything wrong with the 300 or a stretch version of it, but I hope that the Imperial is much more distinctive....maybe a convertible??

I am hoping that the new Imperial will be more than just the "stretched" 300 that also has a topic running on here...not that there is anything wrong with the 300 or a stretch version of it, but I hope that the Imperial is much more distinctive....maybe a convertible??

Or perhaps how the original LHS/New Yorker was distict from the Concorde/Intrepid?

• 4 weeks later...
The peeks on the news don't look half-bad. As far as Chrysler badging/modeling, I do think the car should get the Riviera/Thunderbird treatment, with no Chrysler first-place ribbons anywhere on it.