Lamborghini goes Retro with New Miura Concept

Yes a little bit of GT40 but who cares? This is awsome. Retro is in full swing and it just seems to be getting better. Bring it! (although that Imperial in neither retro or good looking)

P.S. those rims are AWSOME!!!!

Anyone else see a GT40?

[post="68009"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

makes sense that it would seeing as the original was built as a GT40 fighter

http://www.lambocars.com/miu/p400.htm

For the styling of the Miura, Marcello Gandini was inspired by the Ford GT-40, on the Miura the complete front and rear bodyparts were hinged to tilt upwards just like on the GT-40,

Edited by Dragon

Intererstig how the front and rear wheel arches are mismatched... understandable as it's a Lambo trait. :)

Nice but...I'm getting really tired of the whole retro thing. Yes I'm going to rant. What are these companies paying these designers for anymore? Lack of imagination? What happened to original designs and not falling back on what was? Move forward not backwards!

This is too plain to be a supercar, let alone a Lamborghini. It looks like a knockoff of the Miura by a Chinese manufacturer; an evolution of the Murcielago is what Lambo should do for their next round of sock and awe.

Nice but...I'm getting really tired of the whole retro thing. Yes I'm going to rant. What are these companies paying these designers for anymore? Lack of imagination? What happened to original designs and not falling back on what was? Move forward not backwards!

[post="68463"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree, these recycled designs show that they are out of ideas.

[post="68478"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:metal:

You are standing in a lamborghini dealership... and you have a fat wallet. In front of you sits the above 2010 Lambo blahblahblah, resplendant in Nuclear Yellow and a snorting mid-placed V-12.
You absolutely love the design, because it looks great and rubs you vigorously in all the right private places.

BUT WAIT!! A 9-year old neighborhood kid wanders into the showroom and tugs at your sleeve. He says 'Lookie, mister, that one looks like my car!' and he holds up a yellow '69 Muira Hot Wheels.

You staggger! You are AGHAST! This car is not "original"! Somewhere way back in time, possibly before you were born, another version, built by the same company was sold! You dream is crushed, your crush is crushed. How could you possibly drive something -no matter it be a towering Monument To Beauty and Art- WHEN OTHERS DROVE SOMETHING VAGUELY FAMILIAR 40 YEARS AGO?!?!?! NO!: it does not matter that you'll NEVER see this older version on the roads unless you are at a Lambo meet!!

It's not "ORIGINAL"!

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!

-- -- -- -- -- --
One wonders if this ever occured to the buyers of a Countach in 1990 as they signed to buy what debuted in 1970...

Why, when Paying Enough Money To Appear Special And Unique, would a person so hung on having something "original" just go & have something custom-built for them instead of a mass-produced cookie-cut design that's in all the ads & magazines? Or did they think lambo was only building one just for them? Edited by balthazar

Yuck. It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the family. The other Lamborghinis seem ultra modern with their crisp, origami-like lines. Goody, Lamborghini is another exhuming an old name and an old style. My favourite Lambo today is the Gallardo. Ooo, it's so sexy, so modern. I would just love to caress it, hehe. Like I keep saying, leave the past where it belongs- in the past, and in memories. Not cloned and shoved back out for display.

the Miura was the only Lamborghini I was ever crazy about. Just alot of lack of knowledge here. The Ford GT is a near perfect clone of the 40 this is a smoothed out and modern Miura. the Ford GT was also not the first GT car to show that type of styling that became the root of this type of sports car. I suspect the demand (proportionally)would be fairly high for this car if they produced it. Sleek smooth curved sexy lines, yea thats the stuff. Insects belong in the trees, this belongs on the road.