Chevrolet Spark more details released

OMFG, I can't believe it has a rear fog light! Smells like new fad!

As much as I'd like to knock, it, it looks competitive with the other little crap boxes. Due to the standard content, I imagine it won't be cheap. I'd like to see GM make a stripped version for a basement price.

While, I'd never want something this small, I'd like to see a 2 door version... but I suppose thats why I still would buy the Smart for a citycar first.

It looks no more overwrought than the latest iterations from the Mazda and Honda school of design. I wouldn't want a car that small, but then we aren't paying $2.36 a litre (about $8 a gallon)like they are in Brazil and most of Europe.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the world begins to look a whole lot different at $5 a gallon - especially if you're a commuter. To me, the Spark doesn't look that much different than the current Aveo, more evolutionar, IMO.

But a car like this never going to light up the posters on C&G, that much is a given.

It looks no more overwrought than the latest iterations from the Mazda and Honda school of design. I wouldn't want a car that small, but then we aren't paying $2.36 a litre (about $8 a gallon)like they are in Brazil and most of Europe.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the world begins to look a whole lot different at $5 a gallon - especially if you're a commuter. To me, the Spark doesn't look that much different than the current Aveo, more evolutionar, IMO.

But a car like this never going to light up the posters on C&G, that much is a given.

It's not the size... it's the design (or lack of). The Spark looks like something Chery, Proton, or Perodua would make.

They are going with an angry appliance look, to appeal to the generation that likes 'Transformers' movies.. :)

I wonder what the Cadillac 'Art and Science' style version will look like.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The Beat was such a sexy little car...

But the more I see the Spark, the more I hate it.

The wheels are typical Chevrolet and unfortunately typical GM as a whole as well: ungodly CHEAP looking with no real design applied.

They completely effed up the profile of the car by making it a 5 door. They completely effed up the tumblehome and made it look slab sided.

The front of the car it adorned with what would normally be a nice touch in the chrome around the grille. However, in this iteration it just looks out of place, especially since the "2 steps up" Cruze forgoes that look and has a horribly cheap looking, pieced together nose.

Note to GM: On small cars, attention to detail is ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT to try and convey a sense of quality and engineering (since the typical american mindset is that small/funky looking = CHEAP) The Spark completely misses the mark. It looks too tall and slab sided (a.k.a. premanufactured) the roof is bad (which conveys bad engineering) and the wheels and grille contradict each other in DIRT CHEAP versus HAND CRAFTED)

Get the drift?

The Beat was such a sexy little car...

But the more I see the Spark, the more I hate it.

The wheels are typical Chevrolet and unfortunately typical GM as a whole as well: ungodly CHEAP looking with no real design applied.

They completely effed up the profile of the car by making it a 5 door. They completely effed up the tumblehome and made it look slab sided.

The front of the car it adorned with what would normally be a nice touch in the chrome around the grille. However, in this iteration it just looks out of place, especially since the "2 steps up" Cruze forgoes that look and has a horribly cheap looking, pieced together nose.

Note to GM: On small cars, attention to detail is ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT to try and convey a sense of quality and engineering (since the typical american mindset is that small/funky looking = CHEAP) The Spark completely misses the mark. It looks too tall and slab sided (a.k.a. premanufactured) the roof is bad (which conveys bad engineering) and the wheels and grille contradict each other in DIRT CHEAP versus HAND CRAFTED)

Get the drift?

This is going to be a cheap, sub-$15k car, so obviously, they are going cheap on the materials and details. I wouldn't expect anything to look 'hand crafted' at the bottom end of the market. Looking at the pics, it looks exactly like what it is--a productionized 5dr version of the Beat concept.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar