HarleyEarl

Past Concepts/Design Proposals/Prototypes

95 posts in this topic

I'm crazy about any carmakers ideas for possible manufacture or just as a design study. Some are wonderful and some are downright wacky.

American Motors in the 60s:

AMX concept:
Posted Image

AMC Cavalier concept:
Posted Image

American Motors design proposals, probably from the 70s/early 80s:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm with you, Harley... I LOVE that stuff. I could pour over that stuff for hours... and old car ads too...

Totally, Blu....it facinates me what some of these guys come up with. Just love it.

1964 Studebaker Skyview:

Posted Image

1956 Chevrolet Impala:

Posted Image

The 'what could've been' is usually better than the 'what is'. My dream list is packed with one-offs & concepts.

Here is the 2005 Citroen C-SportLounge concept. I like the interesting chrome details.

Posted Image
Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

AMC Cavalier concept:
Posted Image

i love that concept, especially how the rear axle is behind the slope of the rear glass
drop the front for a nice rake and its hot as shit and muscle to the max looking

That AMC Cavalier is a 60s concept and was way ahead of it's time....with a few updates, it could be very current.....I like how the rear wheels are back of the rear glass as well.

Maybe its just me, but everything except the Impala ranges from unappealing to grotesque. The proportions of the Cavalier concept are plain lousy.

Bring on something hot like this '61 Dodge Flite-Wing:
Posted Image

If you remember (from the old board), The AMC Cavalier concept had doors and fenders that were interchangeable. Ie. The left rear fender was the same as the right front. The doors were the same. It was a cost reduction. Strange, but not bad looking.

RichW5, I had forgotten about that. Yes those fenders were interchangeable...a novel idea.

Here's another AMC proposal:

4-door sedan and wagon Matador:

Posted Image

Never heard of that Pontiac Farago concept. Those middle two AMC hatchbacks were actually productions vehicles in Venezuela I think dubbed the Lerma.

Never heard of that Pontiac Farago concept. Those middle two AMC hatchbacks were actually productions vehicles in Venezuela I think dubbed the Lerma.

[post="7801"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Interesting about those two AMC hatcbacks being produced in South America. In my reference they are listed as prototypes.

FlyBrian- I've seen a great quantity of pics of the Flitewing over the years, and tho it has some really cool & innovative features, it also has plenty of stylistic oddness to it, too. Oh; it's still more hip than the AMC Cavalier, but it's no Miss America, either.

Here's the 1999 Chevy Nomad concept:

Posted Image

Asside the mirrors, I perfer the styling of that concept over the Kappa based Nomad

1985 Buick Wildcat concept (styling almost reminds me of a Bugatti design at some points
Posted Image

ok so this wasnt exaclty a factory concept or anything and its only a few years old but i have always found this car interesting

Posted Image

ok so this wasnt exaclty a factory concept or anything and its only a few years old but i have always found this car interesting

Posted Image

[post="8717"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Me too!....really liked that car and thanks for posting it.

The '54 Dodge Granada concept. I wonder if Ford had to pay Dodge for the use of that name?

Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead