All gone :(

I was going through some old pictures and I ran into this one from when Ocnblu, GMTruckguy, Flybrian, and myself met up at Camino's place..... and what struck me is that all 4 of these vehicles have left the C&G stable in just a few years. :(

post-51-12740345866769.png

From left to right,

My Avalanche, Ocn's Sierra, Camino's GTO, and GMTruckguy's Sky

GTO and Sky would be awesome to have back in the fleet...Had a GTO out Saturday at the SCCA Autocross and one out today at the Buckeye Miata Autocross.

Sweet Cars...

Wow...

...and I was having similar personal sentiments just looking at my old G8 pictures.

Purty parade. Now that I moved to the left end of that row, all Av, I want a Kappa...

So, check. What does everyone in that picture have now?

Well, the SKY was a 3rd vehicle at a time I thought I could afford a "fun" car like that... so nothing really replaced it. However, at the time I owned the SKY, I leased a 2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD (maroon), and now I have a certified pre-owned 2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD :lol:

While I don't regret the decision to purchase the SKY and own it for a short period of time, the other option was a well-kept one-owner 1990 Buick Reatta coupe that I'd likely still own today due to the low selling price. Wife wasn't keen on the Reatta and said go for the SKY; however, if I went with my gut decision I'd likely still have a 3rd "fun" car in the garage.

I miss our Dodge Aspen. It was the car we had during my childhood. We called it the green bomber. I loved it when I was little. I wonder whatever happened to it.

I've always wanted to get an Aspen.

I also miss the Town and Country, though not dearly, we only had it for less than a year. I was really proud of how my repairs to the front end went on it, plus it was so useful for hauling stuff and people. Everything worked on it to, even the dual zone climate control. Pity some retard in a Pathfinder T-Boned it.

I miss a few of my past vehicles too; especially these past few days when the Burb was out of commission due to a broken ball joint (all fixed now). Sure could have used one of my cheap backup beaters then.

Camino: that's one of the most beautiful barns I've seen in a long, long time.

I miss my G8. The weekend had me looking up used GXP's. But I'm so fickle, honestly I should rent for extended periods let alone lease :AH-HA:

Miss things about all my past vehicles. I've had so many in 2 years, it's kind of more astonishing I even remember them. Drove the Camaro to work last week & they were about to commit me.

Ah, the days. Some you miss, some you forget, but things unique to all. Even the minivans.

Interesting how nostalgia for past cars seems to be happening both her and on the other forum I frequent. This the season perhaps. I'll never know what that's like. ;)

I don't feel that much nostalgia for the car I was driving daily when this picture was taken (1997 Dahlia Blue Cavalier sedan).

I miss our Dodge Aspen. It was the car we had during my childhood. We called it the green bomber. I loved it when I was little. I wonder whatever happened to it.

I've always wanted to get an Aspen.

The cars that your family had as a kid are always the ones that you remember. I've been mulling a project car in the next few years and surprising close to the top of my list is a 1994-5 3800 Dustbuster like we had when I was little.

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy enough.... I think the only one that is still owned by this group is the LeSabre Fly traveled up from Florida to purchase!

Talk about a blast from the past. My goodness ... I remember that meetup. Wish I could've been there, too.

Though, I finally got to meet Camino and see his barn a couple years ago during one of my road trips.

The only car I used to own that I miss ... my 1988 Monte Carlo LS, "silver bullet".

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm not afraid things won't get better, but it feels like this has gone on forever" ... Toad The Wet Sprocket ... 'Good Intentions'