Spy Shots: 2008 Scion xB

Variance

Spy Shots: 2008 Scion xB

Posted Feb 14th 2006 12:00PM by John Neff

Filed under: Spy Photos, Minivans/MPVs

Toyota is set to replace its “youth-oriented” Scion xB for the 2008 model year and TCC has a spy shot up of the replacement model’s development mule. From the looks of it the next xB will be larger than the current model, especially in length.

While we can’t glean any details about the design from this mule, we’re expecting the new xB to incorporate styling cues from the Toyota bB already on sale in Japan.

Link w/photo: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/14/spy-shots-2008-scion-xb/

Still ugly, and surprisingly cheap looking.

Yeah, I bet the plastic sheeting on the rear windows will be available on the real deal. :wacko:

NOTE: Before anyone else replies to the thread, please read the short article that the photo goes with. It will provide you with important information you will need in order to craft an educated reply.

NOTE: Before anyone else replies to the thread, please read the short article that the photo goes with. It will provide you with important information you will need in order to craft an educated reply.

:cussing:

That's never been a requirement before!

Yeah, I bet the plastic sheeting on the rear windows will be available on the real deal. :wacko:

NOTE:  Before anyone else replies to the thread, please read the short article that the photo goes with.  It will provide you with important information you will need in order to craft an educated reply.

:Toyota::Toyota::Toyota:

Guest gmrebirth
:Toyota: = when you have nothing intelligent to reply with, and must resort to lame cliches exclusively found on C & G to still hold credibility on the forums without actually contributing a single worthwhile thing.

:Toyota: = when you have nothing intelligent to reply with, and must resort to lame cliches exclusively found on C & G to still hold credibility on the forums without actually contributing a single worthwhile thing.

= yet another one of your worthwhile contributions that makes people think :lol2: and "why are you even here?"

Seriously, how many times do you speak of the topic and not of the poster?

Guest gmrebirth

= yet another one of your worthwhile contributions that makes people think :lol2: and "why are you even here?"

Seriously, how many times do you speak of the topic and not of the poster?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An eye for an eye gets you nowhere. You constantly following around me to every post doesn't say much for you doing anything worthwhile.

Going off-topic is nothing new at C & G. Not naming any names, a boatload of posters here regularly do that. In fact the anti-toyota icon actually encourages that.

What does posting the icon have ANYTHING worthwhile to do with the topic?

So you post a smartass comment to make yourself feel better. I have some eloquent words for you.

An eye for an eye gets you nowhere.

Have a comment about the xB? No? Didn't think so. Bye-bye.

An eye for an eye gets you nowhere. You constantly following around me to every post doesn't say much for you doing anything worthwhile.

Going off-topic is nothing new at C & G. Not naming any names, a boatload of posters here regularly do that. In fact the anti-toyota icon actually encourages that.

If you weren't a sporadic troll, you'd have realized that my post above was mockery... of, you know, the incessant and mindless Toyota bashing.

Guest gmrebirth

Have a comment about the xB? No? Didn't think so. Bye-bye.

Staying ON TOPIC, It's a mule using the current gen body, but as can be seen, is stretched. The interior will likely be borrowed from the Japanese bB, or use a similar theme to it. The exterior should resemble the Scion 2tb concept.

---

You have yet to post a comment, so to quote your own words:

"Have a comment about the xB? No? Didn't think so. Bye-bye."

Don't think that you're suddenly exempt from what you say to others. If you're going to be giving out commands like that, I'd practice what you preach.

You're not needed in this thread either, since ALL you've done so far is personally respond to me, yet say nothing worthwhile with the thread.

And why pick on me only? Because I'm critical of GM? Why not pick on many others (and I will name names) like razoredge, regfootball, and angry dad? Such users have made off-topic comments, and incessantly and mindlessly bashed Toyota, even in an unrelated topic. Are they exempt from your bashing and preaching because they say nothing but good things about GM? Great logic there.

You still have yet to answer my question about the anti-toyota icon, and why it even exists in the first place on the forums.

Guest gmrebirth

If you weren't a sporadic troll, you'd have realized that my post above was mockery... of, you know, the incessant and mindless Toyota bashing.

Hard to tell sarcasm on these boards, especially when it meets the status quo.

You still have yet to answer my question about the anti-toyota icon, and why it even exists in the first place on the forums.

I'm gonna take a stab and guess the reason is because this is a GM fan forum and Toyota is GM's biggest competitor.

gmrebirth, I'm going to be as respectful as I possibly can...

Look man, you've probably been told this several times by now but you've got to get it through your head that this is a GM forum. Now, could some members stand to be a little more open and less venomous towards competition? Probably. But the fact of the matter is, you can't come here and expect every member here to be as open-minded as you'd like them to be.

Some people just plain don't like Toyota for whatever reason and that's ok. You can't expect every person have a rationale for what they feel and to be quite frank, they don't need to justify it to you or anyone else.

Now, if you want to come here and contribute your point of view in a respectable manner, that's fine. If someone disagrees with you, discuss it without sarcasm and/or let it go. Getting snotty with other members is just going to make you look like a troll trying to disrupt the forum. We welcome other opinions critical of GM and respectfully defending the imports but not if you going to be whiny or an ass about it.

If you can't accept any of this, the best thing for you to do may be to just leave.

Thanks.

You have yet to post a comment, so to quote your own words:

"Have a comment about the xB? No? Didn't think so. Bye-bye."

Don't think that you're suddenly exempt from what you say to others. If you're going to be giving out commands like that, I'd practice what you preach.

You really, really, really need to learn how to read prior to posting.

Variance said it the best and let me be candid with you: I need to justify nothing nor prove anything to you.

If you feel I'm picking on you, that's your interpretation. I say its more calling it like I see it. And clearly, I'm not the only one.

I'm calling an end to this line of conversation.

The xB and former bB are built by Toyota on the Echo's old NBC platform (P-body, succeeding the former P-body Starlet). The new bB is a totally unrelated, smaller car, built by Daihatsu on a new Daihatsu/Toyota small-car platform first used for the Passo/Boon/Sirion/Myvi (C-body). The new xB is more likely based on the latest-generation P-body, like the Japanese-market Sienta.

C-body wheelbases

2440-2540 mm

P-body wheelbases (new-generation)

2460-2550-2600-2700 mm

And the Xb will slowly become the Chevy Astro that it always dreamt it could be.

Posted Image

BTW, this is a real Astro, and not an Xb.....hard to tell them apart.

:blink: Someone ACTUALLY spent that kind of money on an ASTRO? :retard:

It might be not a such big deal, but that paint costs 10 bucks a PINT. I can't blame a minivan driver for wanting to do SOMETHING to their car, expecially being that I am a former (and never again to be) Caravan owner... But holy hell!

Anyway, I do like the xB. I sat in one and drove it... The center gauge is kinda quirky but the amount of room in that thing is phenomenal. The engine is a little underpowered, but the tranny makes up for a lot of that (especially the 5 speed). Given the standard features, you get a lot of car for your money, even though it's got that love/hate styling... I still think it looks better than an Aztek (cleaner anyway).

And rebirth, I think these guys have a point.... It's no different when trolls here went to toyotanation to correct "misinformed" opinions about the Tundra (even though no one knows much about it yet) or when GM/Ford/DCX fans go to temple of vtec to troll... I'm not saying you're wrong or they're wrong, but this is a GM fanboy forum

And rebirth, I think these guys have a point.... It's no different when trolls here went to toyotanation to correct "misinformed" opinions about the Tundra (even though no one knows much about it yet) or when GM/Ford/DCX fans go to temple of vtec to troll... I'm not saying you're wrong or they're wrong, but this is a GM fanboy forum

Who from "here" trolls the Toyota boards??

How do you know they are from "here"??

Link please?

Who from "here" trolls the Toyota boards??

How do you know they are from "here"??

Link please?

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...id=90063&st=0

Post #10

Ok so we have a lot of opinionated people over here at C&G but over at Toyota Nation, its insane the amount of bias. I'm trying to rally the troops, lets go over there and show them.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t121001.html

This message (or a variation thereof) has been on GMI, Blowoval, and Allpar as well. Being that C&G is one of the most anti-toyota forums on the internet, you can't honestly expect me to believe no one went over there to spout off. And the haters all whine and complain just like gmrebirth.

Its the circle of (forum) life

You said trolls from here went over to Toyotanation and your proof was one poster who obviously just joined this site to try and get people from here to go over there and nothing else.

Thats not what I asked.

You said "A guy who just joined and has 2 cumulative posts represents an entire message board?"

and I asked WHERE I said that. The point is that I didn't

Thats not what I asked.

You said "A guy who just joined and has 2 cumulative posts represents an entire message board?"

and I asked WHERE I said that. The point is that I didn't

You didn't need to say it.

You said trolls (as in multiple) went over to Toyotanation and when asked for proof you provided a link to a member who has a whopping 2 posts, the first one being an almost "spam" post. When you provide a link to a Toyotanation post with someone trolling that is clearly from this website then maybe that'll lend more credibility to you.