Best time of you life?

Do this:

State your first name, age, and best time period of your life (no limit) and why.

I'll start

Burhan

20->21 (3/4/06 Baby!!!)

Summer 2004

No responsibilities

New Jeep

Landscaping with Bob (Camino)

Hung out with friends

Gas didnt kill my wallet

Parties

Drinking

One Night Stands

Bull$h!ting after work

Bull$h!ting before work

Bull$h!ting while working

My first tattoo

Standing up for myself against those who i thought i couldnt

family (not always those you live with)

Nothing to lose

To me that summer was the ending of one life, and the beginning of another, i will never forget what happened that summer, and who was there, and i thank everyone who was there with me!

Hung out with friends

One Night Stands

Bull$h!ting after work

Bull$h!ting before work

Bull$h!ting while working

Standing up for myself against those who i thought i couldnt

Drinking

My first tattoo

The first batch is cool

The second batch doesn't work for me at all

To each their own

The best time of my life had to be in ATL in between undergrad and grad, so in my mid 20s then. Had a good job (which I stupidly gave up to go to arch. school), bought a small all-brick (a treat for a Californian) house in a nice area called Dunwoody for a joke of a price with a down payment that my parents had set aside for this purpose, the weather was nice, the living was easy, I knew a lot of fun and intelligent people and, if I ever needed to dip my feet in salt water, I could always make a run down to the Florida Panhandle for the weekend.

Moving back out West has diminished how much disposable income I relatively had.

Interesting idea for a thread.

Frank 27

Best time of my life: sometime within the next two or three years, when I'm taking delivery of a red Z/28 Convertible.

:5thgen:

-Gus, 34

-Nov. 1997, driving from Chicago to San Francisco, down the PCH to L.A., then back to Chicago. Almost 3 tanks of gas a day, cruise set to 85, no tickets, drove on the Bonneville Salt Flats, survived a massive blizzard in New Mexico. I rule!

Jeffro 15.............

The fun and special times I had with my daughter while she was growing up, by far outweighed the highschool and post school carryin ons. Not that I didnt have my share of them, had some good times working and adventureing as well, but still nothing like hangin and adventureing with the kid

Mike, 19

Traveling to/in Australia with a group of 38 strangers (2 people I knew not included) around my age from July 11-30, 2002.  Life changing experience and I made about 7 best friends that I am still tight with.

That sounds so cool. If I could only stand the 12 hours SFO-AKL or 14 hours SFO-SYD. I am going stay local in 2006 and go to FL in May and Quebec in October (had to lock in the FF tickets) but March 2007 is a Southern Hemisphere trip. I keep telling myself to do something different and go to New Zealand/Australia, but "same parallel South America" will have about the same weather and Argentina seems to be calling again. That trip of yours sounded like a blast...memories for a lifetime!

Silvester, turning 27 in April.

The month of August 2002

I had just moved out of my parent's house, FINALLY! I was all set to buy my first muscle car... a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am with a freshly rebuilt 400 and 4-on-the-floor.

About 2 hours before I went to go buy that Bird I got a phone call about a 1968 Camaro with a killer crate motor for $5000. 36 hours later & exactly a month after I was on my own I drove away from a house by the lake in Salem, NH in a first gen. Camaro. MY first gen Camaro.

The look, feel, smell, sound & aura of antiqity that I experienced that night was nothing short of amazing. About 20 minutes into my drive in the "Panther" I blew the doors of of a riced out 2-dr 80s Jetta. The Camaro was so damn fast & it scared me. Imagine driving a 2002 WS6 with crappy 35 year old leaky drum brakes & worn/tired suspension/steering components.

That night I spent several hours sitting ont he window sill just starring at my new prize possesion. It was like some sort of twilight zone. I had a 1968 Camaro.

Beyond that my driving record was still mostly clean, I had no responsibility for anyone other than myself and my best friend Duffy was still living less than an hour away from me instead of in Arizona.

--------

But I have to say that Razor has an excelelnt point. I thought that I would never be more exstatic than the night I bought the Panther and yet the birth of my Daughter knocked the wind out of me. The miriacle of life is the only thing that has ever wipped my mind completely clean of cars, speed or anything material. Looking at my baby girl just moments after she was born made me want to be a better person, to be an honest, kind human being & go out of my way to improve the world for her sake.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Frank 27

Best time of my life: sometime within the next two or three years, when I'm taking delivery of a red Z/28 Convertible.

:5thgen:

Same, but I'm 18 and looking for a coupe in light metallic blue or metallic orange. :metal::cheers:

Edited by NOS2006

Graduating high school and knowing I didnt have to deal with those jerks again. That summer (1994) I just worked part time and had fun with my friends. About September I started buckling down and working full time and actually doing somthing. Car buying for some reason is always an exciting thing for me also.

Car buying for some reason is always an exciting thing for me also.

Car shopping is thrilling, almost like going on a first date with a girl, you're pumped and enthusiastic, the possibilities seem endless. 8)

That sounds so cool.  If I could only stand the 12 hours SFO-AKL or 14 hours SFO-SYD.  I am going stay local in 2006 and go to FL in May and Quebec in October (had to lock in the FF tickets) but March 2007 is a Southern Hemisphere trip.  I keep telling myself to do something different and go to New Zealand/Australia, but "same parallel South America" will have about the same weather and Argentina seems to be calling again.  That trip of yours sounded like a blast...memories for a lifetime!

The 14-hour flight is the pits. I would recommend an aisle seat in the rear of the plane so you can up and walk around, especially if you barely sleep on a plane. It is totally worth it, though.

Hmm... what if I haven't really had the best time of my life yet? :P Well...

Cory and 17. The best time I can remember... It would have to be when I was with Bekah from about 8-04 to 3-05. Either that... or maybe the summer of 05 when I was enjoying my Grand Am after getting my license. Otherwise, it's sucked since and before those times. Meh... So f@#king sucky...

It doesnt matter if its brand new like the Equinox or old like the Bonneville was when I got it from Grandma it was exciting either way. Same way with all my cars. When I got my 1979 Impala I couldnt hardly contain myself. Especially since it had such low mileage when I got it.