wildcat

Buick planning up-level LaCrosse

A few more details have come out about Buick's LaCrosse Super, in an article by Jamie Lareau in this week's issue of Automotive News.

"Buick will get a 'super' version of the LaCrosse. That's an 'up-level edition" . . . It will include new front-end treatments, such as a waterfall grille, and a V-8 engine . . . pricing has not been set."

"Buick starts production on the Enclave crossover this fall and likely will start production on the super LaCrosse at that time . . . "

" . . . Buick expects to sell 8,000 Lucerne sedans a month this year."

Here is a link to the full story, which also includes coverage of Pontiac's entry-level G5 coupe. Click on this.

That's great and everything, but I am hoping for more changes than just a grille and V8. We'll see.

Wait, any news if the non-Super trims will get the newer grille as well? I mean, I'm just hoping the ovoid grille is gone after this year. I would imagine they would as it doesn't fit the newer style grilles.

Wait, any news if the non-Super trims will get the newer grille as well?  I mean, I'm just hoping the ovoid grille is gone after this year.  I would imagine they would as it doesn't fit the newer style grilles.

They're probly doing it like the Bonneville GXP and Grand Prix GXP did/are doing. Though, I'm not sure if the grill treatment with the Grand Prix will filter down to the lower models like the Bonneville did.

I could've sworn the current grille classifies under "waterfall" but I could be wrong.

A true waterfall grille extends up into the hood. I would consider the late '70's Cutlasses the quintessential example.

Posted Image

I've felt that the ovoid grille is like pursed lips, a big pucker. The Velite-style will bring more character.

A true waterfall grille extends up into the hood.  I would consider the late '70's Cutlasses the quintessential example.

Posted Image

I've felt that the ovoid grille is like pursed lips, a big pucker.  The Velite-style will bring more character.

Another good example would be the new Enclave grille... as shown in my signature.

A true waterfall grille extends up into the hood.  I would consider the late '70's Cutlasses the quintessential example.

Posted Image

I've felt that the ovoid grille is like pursed lips, a big pucker.  The Velite-style will bring more character.

Is that your Cutlass? Nice car. I told the Dingbat working at the Buick display at the NY auto show that car should get a V8, maybe she listened she told me she worked for Buick in MI , I would rather have that Cutlass.

Anybody see the pictures of the new Buick Lacrosse for China?  It has a different exterior and interior.  It would be great if we got that interior for the upgraded lacrosse.

You mean their Regal? Or is this something totally different?

Ahh...of that I was not aware. Not a fan of the Montego looks, but the interior seems very nice. A little less wood (like within the gearshift) would be very nice for our LaCrosse, which IMO looks alot more Buick on the outside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clearly this has an interior made from many existing GM parts - notice the US Lacrosse steering wheel? Yes, the interior is high class and much better than the US Lacrosse.

The exterior could use some work (like remove the hood ornament) but it is clean and the nose is better than the oval look of the current US Lacrosse.

Isn't that the 'Lausanne' (dubbed by TCC) that was caught in Austrailia a while ago that everyone thought was the Zeta Buick for a while? I remember the interior was almost exactly like the Chinese LaCrosse. I do agree the interior kicks our LaCrosse's ass.

^ What the hell. Does everyone get better looking interiors than us? I gotta say, I really, really like the interior from this Chinese Lacrosse. The exterior isn't half bad either. And the steering in that car is SICK!!! The wood wheel that goes all the way around (similar to the Escalade) is AWESOME.!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

exterior...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Isn't this the 'Lausanne' as dubbed by TCC a year or so ago that was caught in Austrailia? I remember they thought it was the Buick Zeta and the interior was really similar.

Isn't this the 'Lausanne' as dubbed by TCC a year or so ago that was caught in Austrailia? I remember they thought it was the Buick Zeta and the interior was really similar.

No. This is acutally called Lacrosse, sold in China. W-body.

I think the profile is nice looking. The interior's really, really nice. I think with this interior, with a revised front end on our Lacrosse (waterfall grill), and the Enclave's 3.6L 270HP HFV6 as standard equipment, and the ES really be in trouble. The only other thing it'd need is navi.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by titan

Wow... Nice! With China getting the 'LaCrosse', I'll take that as a hint to China & NA line-ups eventually consolidating into a single global product line.

I'd love for them to bring this vehicle over here as the replacement for the current LaCrosse. The front, rear, interior, side mirror turn signals, etc... all need to be here for 2007.

Thegriffon, can you get us more specs on this?

This should be ours. No question. I gotta give GM credit: they made a W-Body I don't think is ugly and dated looking. Yet it's in China. C'MON GM!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook