Yellow

My search for a truck is over as of an hour ago. Just brought it home. Better pics will come tomorrow, so for now, here's the pics from the craigslist ad:

3n53m43l35Q55U25P5a8f4dd78a9867781f1f.jpg3k13od3p15O45W65U4a8f257d6cd15df01478.jpg

THe skinny:

2005 Colorado Xtreme

extended cab

yellow w/black cloth interior

66K miles

3.5L I5

full power accessories

6 disc changer (factory)

sunroof

I'm leaving work early to get it registered and begin what will be a long process of cleaning it and undoing the tacky mods that the owner did, which at least is only really gonna cost some elbow grease.

Well, it's the morning after I get it into my garage for the first time. I kept it at my parents' house until I got it registered. The cheap vinyl is already gone.

Pics

The 3.5L has a different sound to it. It reminds me a bit of the 4.0L I6 that Jeep used to use, and that's not entirely a bad thing. It's very torquey, and without the 4WD system to weigh it down, it's more than enough power. I'd love to do an intake/exhaust on it, but right now I need to focus on what's ahead of me, namely

cleaning the interior

getting the console back to its original finish

cleaning the interior

washing/claying/waxing the exterior

cleaning the interior

touching up the various chips/scratches

replacing the front bumper (cracked)

cleaning the interior

It was fair given the truck's condition. Not necessarily a good deal, but I didn't get ripped off. While cleaning the inside I discovered that I needed a rug. He misplaced the front floor pats and didn't bother replacing them, and he wore a hole through the rug. Also, he apparently spilled some bleach underneath the left rear floormat. So that's $200 I wasn't expecting ($300 if you include a new set of GM all weather floor mats). I did manage to get the console out without issue. The silver paint adhered to it very well, so I think I'm just gonna scuff it a bit, prime it, and paint it with the correct color vinyl interior paint.

Nice truck, Z! CONGRATS!!!!

:)

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * Chicagoland Meets, 2011?

MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Don't say it ain't so, you know the time is now" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'

Nice truck! Quite a few Craiglist'esque mods and things to clean up...but that's usually par for the course. Get it how you like, bond in the process, and it should be back to exactly "right" in no time. Very cool looking little truck, especially since you don't see that package too excessively often, yellow included.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a little over a month, and I've pretty much unpimped it:

No more vinyl stripes

The silver console and sill plates were put back to a color that better matches the inside

The various chips/scratches were touched up and in some cases sanded down and buffed so they are less visible

No more ventshades

popped out some dents on the bed

I *think* I finally got rid of the smoke smell.

I think this weekend might be a good time for another photo shoot :)

I've filled it up twice, and in pure city driving I'm getting around 17.5mpg. I'd like to see that number a little higher. At some point I'll change the gas filter and clean the injectors as I'm sure neither of those were ever done. Last weekend I changed the serpentine belt, as it was still sporting the original belt in all its dry-rotted and stretched glory. It was so bad that the tensioner started flopping around and making ticking sounds that I swore was the PS pump. I'm also gonna order an under hood blanket. 04-09 Colorados had provisions for one but never came with one from the factory, and even then only V8s apparently got them. Lots of other mini-mods are on the agenda. But even in its current state, the truck gets a lot of attention. People are disappointed when I don't show up with it.

Your bumper cover... are there pieces missing? If not, it might be cheaper to have it repaired. Or check StylinTrucks on the web for replacement, or even RKSport, I believe it's called. You've got it lookin' good.