Need Relationship Advice

I'm on one of the online dating sites, and I've actually met some nice girls from it. No relationships, but it's interesting.

A few days ago, this girl bought me an online flower (which you have to pay for), and sent me a number of emails. She approached me, so naturally her interest level is quite high.

I've talked to this girl a couple of times on the phone and she seems to like me. We're meeting tomorrow for dinner.

Anyway, here's the problem. Just out of curiousity I asked her her height, and she said 5'10" :( I'm lucky to be 5'8" on a good day if I stand real straight. :(

I told her I was 5'9" in shoes, and she said that she doesn't care. But I'm pretty depressed, because I really liked this girl, and I just don't know how it's gonna go tomorrow. :unsure:

Uhhh... Why couldn't she have been in the 5'1"-5'-7" range like 90% of the women out there. :(

Edited by Shantanu

Don't you think you might be jumping the gun here just a little? I mean, to me this basically sounds like you've already set yourself up for disaster simply because the girl happens to be an inch or two taller that you; that's a bit extreme, don't you think? If things have gone as well as you say they have, then I highly doubt it's all gonna be thrown in the garbage because you're shorter than she is; stop making something out of nothing and enjoy yourself tomorrow night! :thumbsup:

She's the average man's height. If she's not used to dealing with guys taller than her by now...

You'll be OK man. If the girl doesn't want you because of something as petty as height when you are 5'8", then she's probably not mature enough for a real relationship anyways...

The only way this could be a bad thing is if she turns out to be shallow, and all you wanted was some sex... :P

Dude... don't sweat it. It's not like she's 6'2" and you're 4'7"... if she's worth your time than she really will not be that shallow. I did the online dating thing for a while too, don't get discouraged if things don't work out but so far seems like you might have something there.

Best of luck! 8)

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, at least you can actually meet someone and get them to spend time with you. A guy like me, no way in Hell. The day I get a date will be when...well...when Toyota becomes an honest company.

yah dont worry about it my gf's older than me which is a big no no i guess but it doesnt make a dif and if you act like its a big deal and worry about it it will be a prob but if you forget about it shell prolly admire the hell outta ya trust me its true its one of those things ya cant help but admire jsut make sure you work out enough to stay in shape or get healthy

It is an INfinitesimal difference in height. It shouldn't matter.

She should like you for everything else you have to offer and it's other things that will dictate the chemistry. Just go.

You may like the way everything lays out on paper and find out there is no chemistry in person. Big deal.

Reg, you can be so crass. :o The poor guy wants some SOLID advice to lift his morale, not your "it's all pink once you're inside" frame of mind. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by trinacriabob

Height doesn't play too much of a role for me...I like 'em tall...personally I don't like having them too short and small.

My buddy just asked out a girl. My buddy isn't that tall, he's about the same as you. The girl he asked is taller than he is, like your situation. I am sure he is a little self-conscious about his height, but he has dated taller women before, and it doesn't get to him really...he seems to sope with it alright. Just don't worry about it. I bet she is mroe self-conscious about her height than you are about yours. I knew a girl who was 6'4". She was very hot as well, but she was extremely self-conscious about her height. I guess some guys are intimidated by that, but I kinda like it...

Lately I've had a couple girls I could "go with" that are both taller than me.

However, I like 'em short. Another girl who seems to be onto me is probably about 4'11". Now that's pushin' it, but damn she's cute. A cheerleader too. Go figure.

I'd say don't worry about it at all. Maybe she's worried that you're thinking that she's too tall!!! :lol: Go to dinner, talk and have fun. If she's shallow and is concerned about your height, then you'll be glad to be rid of her now than later. I can see if you two hit it off after your first date but she was concerned about your height. You didn't even go out yet - so why worry about crossing that bridge when you're no where near it? Don't sweat the petty things (and don't pet the sweaty things) - relax and have fun meeting someone new.

Forget the height thing. If you're lucky enough for there to be sparks between the two of you, who gives two s's about height? I've known relationships to work out with the guy shorter than the girl and the guy younger than the girl...doesnt' matter. Age and height and skin color and religion and politics should be overlooked when it comes to finding a potential mate. I've dealt with each of these factors; some are more difficult to overcome than others, but each should be irrelevant if there's chemistry.

XP715 had an excellent point...take it one step at a time. Height should be the LEAST of your problems at this point. If you're too self-conscious to date someone taller than you, that might be something you'll have to deal with first. Tall women, from my experiences, understand that they're tall and will have to deal with a potential date or mate who's shorter than them...I don't see HER being the problem here.

Good luck to you.

sorry, I can't give any advice because I'm 6'5"

I know a good buddy of mine who is like 5"2" and he's always with girls taller than him. GIrls dig confidence so try to strug off your insecurities. She already knows how tall you are and she's ok with it. DOn't sweat it.

Forget the height thing. If you're lucky enough for there to be sparks between the two of you, who gives two s's about height? I've known relationships to work out with the guy shorter than the girl and the guy younger than the girl...doesnt' matter. Age and height and skin color and religion and politics should be overlooked when it comes to finding a potential mate. I've dealt with each of these factors; some are more difficult to overcome than others, but each should be irrelevant if there's chemistry.

XP715 had an excellent point...take it one step at a time. Height should be the LEAST of your problems at this point. If you're too self-conscious to date someone taller than you, that might be something you'll have to deal with first. Tall women, from my experiences, understand that they're tall and will have to deal with a potential date or mate who's shorter than them...I don't see HER being the problem here.

Good luck to you.

yah my gf is older and def a lot dif and if i brought up that at all it would make her feel bad because she would think im uncomfortable with it and be uncomfortable herself but instead she shrugs it off and i dont mention it im with a beautiful amazing woman who loves me and i couldnt care less if she had an unnatural amount of body hair shes still amazing (btw she doesnt have an unnaturally big amount and she still has all the hair on her head but thats about it)

You know how they say the average guy exagerrates his height by 1-2 inches? The average girl does it too. :lol:

This chick was 5'8", 5'9" tops. I didn't have to look up at her like while kissing her goodnight. Woot. Woot. Height lying, FTW! ^_^

Nice girl too, hopefully there will be a second date tonight.

Edited by Shantanu

Glad it worked out for you, Shantanu! Sounds like the "depression" was much ado about nothin', eh?

*sighs*

Sure wish I could experience that type of "depression"....heh.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Fire me up" ... Def Leopard ... 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'

This reminds me of that old Hollywood story where the set builders built little raised walkways on the floor so their vertically challenged actors could be "taller" than their leading ladies. It would be pretty funny to see an outtake like this... shown from the waist-up, they're in the heat of the moment, the music rises, he looks down at her and sweeps her into his arms to give her the closed-mouth kiss of her life... then she steps up on the platform and looks down at him.

I'm 5'5" fully growed, so in middle and high school, I had to dance with a lot of TALL women.

Seriously, I'm sure you realize now after your date that what's important is how you get along, how you feel about each other. That whole chemistry thing. Of course, a piece of 2X4 nailed to the bottom of your Nikes helps in some situations.