I want to paint my headlights...

Not ricey at all. Color-keying them? That's ricey.

This makes it fall in line with other Pontiacs and, upon reviewing these pictures, I don't know why GM didn't do this in the first place, at least with the GT/GTP trims. A few bucks to really set it apart is worth it for you or the General...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not ricey at all. Color-keying them? That's ricey.

This makes it fall in line with other Pontiacs and, upon reviewing these pictures, I don't know why GM didn't do this in the first place, at least with the GT/GTP trims. A few bucks to really set it apart is worth it for you or the General...

If you think about it, it's actually cheaper for them to not use chrome. Just use a black plastic piece like in the others...

Seeing so many people are doing it on the G6 forums, I'm tempted to do that as well. Like the ones on the Roush concept.

But problem is... does that make me a rice-boy??

first- no it's not rice. rice means you're trying to make your car look fast.

second- no. it doesn't look great from your example below.

There are bunch of mods I can do to the sol's lights, but personally I think it looks kinda cheesy, esp when you just spray paint the plastic.

Angel eyes look cool though, changing the actual bulbs looks pretty good.

first- no it's not rice. rice means you're trying to make your car look fast.

second- no. it doesn't look great from your example below.

There are bunch of mods I can do to the sol's lights, but personally I think it looks kinda cheesy, esp when you just spray paint the plastic.

Angel eyes look cool though, changing the actual bulbs looks pretty good.

Angel eyes is not about the bulb. It's merely a plastic ring with LEDs at the ends, in some cases an EL tube.

angel eyes can look good on some cars and yes a lot of time theyre jerry rigged but they work

i like the painting it black but you also have a lot of chrome elsewhere so id make sure you dont make the headlights look like cheap plastic go with a glossy black or black chrome paint not a matte

I'm on the fence, it's not rice (your idea) but it's not that original either and all that work for just a touhc of individuality? Eh, depends if the stock setup is unapealing to you...

oh wow... i definitely like the brushe silver better than the black... i ont know what it is but the black just looks really cheap to me... itd probably look better if the car was black as well... but yeah i definitely like the silver in the concept alot... if you coul figure out how to do that without makin it look cheap id say go for that

i didnt say it was a bulb...

Actually, genuine BMW angel eyes use Hella Celis technology and in the front, the rings are lit by bulbs. Aftermarket stuff is usually a LED type of application though. But AE's shouldn't be on anything but a BMW...They used to be unique to the e39's, now everyone and their brother has them available for their cars...

Great.. now I want to use that on my rims... I just don't to f@#k them up.

As for the headlights, I'd say that'd would definatley add a nice twist from the blah looking chrome. I still think projector would complete the look even more, but then that won't be cheap.

Maybe in time there will be some aftermarket headlgihts that resemble what the G6 concept had, the shape/size looks simluar if not identical from the concept to produciton.