2012 Chevrolet Colorado: A new design direction for GM small trucks

São Caetano do Sul is starting to look more and more attractive :P

Pedro, didn't Bob Lutz and I do this dance with you once? Do you want to dance again? :smilewide:

:lol:

In a few months I might want to dance again; too early at this point. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That new Colorado (assuming it arrives here in NA for sale), looks very different from the compact pickups of yore. In an era of $4 gas, this might actually be attractive to those who don't need a work truck with a v8. In other words, just about a lot of other (i.e. nontraditional) truck buyers.

Myself ............ I rather have a small truck be a small truck. Something the size and evan shape of a 1988 S-10 but with oh lets say a nice large cube (litre) 4cyl ECOtec engine installed. No IronDuke or X engine

Edited by RjION

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new style of this truck and look more attractive. If GM can knock Colorado out of the park, have a great advantage over all other manufacturers in the segment and saw the price of gasoline prices, which is very good.

Any new news on whether or not GM will sell it here in the US?

I would really be shocked if they don't. This truck would do very well here if they can price it right. Also if gas stays up it will be important that they do have a small truck as I am sure the rest will find high MPG trucks to send here to take the place of the full size trucks. People will only pay so much for a tank of gas.

I know with driving the 09 Silverado truck it kills me to fill it up. The HHR uses only 1/4 of what the truck takes to fill it up for a week. The sad part is the HHR has almost as much power and can haul many of the same things better as the truck like a 8 ft ladder with the door shut that the 6 foot truck bed lets stick out. .

GMtruck forum Silverados handily average 15-16 in normal driving. 2 people I know say they get 23-24 on the highway (5.3L).

I didn't realize an HHR could hit 60 MPG (15 x 4 = 60).

Might want to recheck your calculations.

You know what I mean. No need to be one of those kind of people.

Besides the tank on the truck is much large and take more to fill it. The whole point is it takes much more $$$ to drive the truck the HHR when I can haul most of what I need daily in the smaller truck. I have been using the truck more since we are moving and I need it for the taller or bulkier item.

any word on power plants or a crew cab model?

I have only heard about some of the Asian powerplant options and they look to really be pushing a diesel over there. No word on what may be here. I suspect as Eco 4 and maybe some V 6 options. Who knows if they bring it here we may get some small diesel option?

I would suspect a crew cab would be offered. They did it with the S10 and Colorado presently and they seem to sell well.

We will just have to wait to see when or if they make the call to bring it here to see more of what they have planned. I figure within the next year we will hear something about this truck.