It's time they did something with this

Yes there was several angles of the Buick 2+2 Coupe done by the UK GM Design Lab. That is all I ever heard it called.

Who knows what the Alpha may bring in the future. The underpinnings of the Camaro if small enough could provide a place for a nice coupe like this.

I would expect a little less sport car and a little more sport coupe. Something that would appeal to a larger market.

Even in FWD this would make a statment in styling.

buick22z.jpg

Edited by hyperv6

>>""Buick Avant"<<

A bunch of different designs show up via Google under that name- interesting.

I like it FAR better than the recent 'Riviera' proposal.

Absolutely agree on that - far,far, better.

"Avant" was the name given to the project that produced 6 different designs exploring the idea of a premium small car for Buick.

The rest were throwaways in my book, this one is a keeper.

Yes there was several angles of the Buick 2+2 Coupe done by the UK GM Design Lab. That is all I ever heard it called.

Who knows what the Alpha may bring in the future. The underpinnings of the Camaro if small enough could provide a place for a nice coupe like this.

I would expect a little less sport car and a little more sport coupe. Something that would appeal to a larger market.

buick22z.jpg

I do like both designs in this thread (I think they are different). I like the B pillar door handle. As for platform I think gm has everything they need in EPII (112 in wb) for a grand Touring 2+2 coupe, and convert. Riviera and Velite. They have the Platform, powertrain (w/Haldex awd),Global brand and design talent to make it happen.

Edited by Ghost Dog

It is a beauty. To sully the design with a FWD chassis would lessen its Allure, though.

Hahaha

EDIT: the Canadian LaCrosse was the Allure for a couple years i thought it was a pun on that at first.

Edited by CanadianBacon94

buick22z.jpg

I do like both designs in this thread (I think they are different). I like the B pillar door handle. As for platform I think gm has everything they need in EPII (112 in wb) for a grand Touring 2+2 coupe, and convert. Riviera and Velite. They have the Platform, powertrain (w/Haldex awd),Global brand and design talent to make it happen.

I rally think they are the same. The photos were released at the same time and stated as being the same car. Keep in mind these are computer generated images of the same car from different angles. Often they will appear different from different perspectives.

At least GM claimed and labeled them as the same car so take it for that.

It doesn't appear to be the same to me. The headlights are different and I see no ventiports in the overhead shot. Also there appears to be more front overhang in the overhead shot. Weren't there a series of "Premium Small" renderings in that cluster depicting varying designs?

Yup, Mr. Bacon, that was a play on the Canadian Buick.:)

Take a look at the windsheild and A-pillars as well as the sharp creases all over the overhead view and it becomes clear that the two are different.

The side view is a smoothed and more pedestrian version of the theme, and its not a plus for the design.

Edited by Camino LS6