Cadillac sponsors Communist film ?

leftlanenews.com has the article...

Please provide a link. I went there and couldn't find what you were talking about.

From your limited explanation of this "movie" it appears it may be some type of historical film about China. Obviously Communism is going to be a part of any historical account about China. GM has the right to spend money on whatever it wants. I think the red scare in the form of Communism taking over is long behind the world.

False outrage. If you are against communism then dont buy anything made in China. I go out of my way to look for USA made products and often do without until I can find a non-China alternative.

So let me get this right. You really only buy American made products but your OK with a recently bailed out company by Americans to support a Communist propaganda film. I'm thinking those that died fighting againt Communism will not share your view. Cannot wait till this gets on the Military forums

This was pushed by Dan and his pall Obama! They LOVE far leftist crap like this!---SICK!

If you mean GM's Dan Ackerson, he's a right winger....

Anyway, anything that goes on w/ GM in China is just business...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

This was pushed by Dan and his pall Obama! They LOVE far leftist crap like this!---SICK!

Keep the politics down please.

I doubt Dan Akerson had any prior knowledge of this.

The CEO of GM did not know ?? Really Thats hard to believe

http://nlpc.org/stor...communist-party

Many of the top stories on there don't pass the laugh test... and you'll pardon me if I don't take anything from them with more than a grain of salt after I read who funds the NLPC, my hometown right wing astroturfer Richard Mellon Scaife, the man behind the push for Clinton Impeachment while the head of his largest property The Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Ed Harrell was busy schtupping young guys on the side.

Edit: After I found the story you were trying to link (your link didn't work), Ackerson was clearly referring to the changed culture at GM and likening the size of that shift to the massive cultural shift in China. It was not a comparison of content but of size.

Edit 2: However, I do agree with the part of the general Anti-GM-Anything tone of that whole website that Ackerson is unfit to be CEO of GM.... but for completely different reasons than what they cite.

You do realize that this film's primary audience is Chinese people not Americans right? China is an emerging market and there is lots of profit potential in China. Time and time again, it has been proven the best way to fight "Communism" is to allow people living in Communist countries the ability to consume what they want and consume items of luxury. This isn't 1950 anymore.

LOL, Of course it's meant for the Chinese crowd. That said I do not think GM wanted Americans knowing they sponsored a Communist proaganda film in the quest for more profits on the heels of The US Government bailing them out.

Do we care about where GM makes a profit... as long as they make a profit?!

They got product placement in a historical drama of dubious accuracy....are you going to complain that they were heavily featured in The Matrix or Transformers also?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...