Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tailfin61

Build your Verano

13 posts in this topic

You can now build your Verano on CARS.com. Here are the highlights:

Base $23470 - includes 18" alloy wheels

Convenience $24670 - adds heated mirrors, auto dim mirror, pwr driver seat, reverse sensing system. Nav avail $795.

Leather $26850 - adds heated steering wheel, heated front seats, 9 speaker stereo. Split spoke 18" wheels avail $450.

prices include $885 destination.

Other options:

sunroof $900

engine block heater $100

9 speaker stereo $595 (std leather)

Crystal red paint $325

while diamond $495

navigation $795 (not avail on base)

split spoke alloys $450 (leather only)

Interior:

Base and Convenience - Cashmere or Titanium Interior

Leather - Cashmere, Ebony, Choccachino

Exterior:

White

Black

Silver

Crystal Red

White Diamond

Mocha Bronze

Again, I know Buicks aren't flashy, but make give us some color choices that aren't tailored for octagenarians.

I wonder if this paltry colour palette (both here and on Sonic) has anything to do with Japon's disaster.

The only color I see missing are a Blue. GM just has not offered many blues in the last 10 years on many car in their first years.

I guess they could add yellow but I don't know if the take rate would make it worth while.

The first 3 colors in the list are probably the top selling color choices in the compact FWD appliance category, so they are conforming to the market.

These colors are some of GM's most popular on most models. Most Lacrosses are these colors too.

I think if they could ad a dark deep blue it also would be popular. Blue always seems to be a second or third year addition to most GM cars.

The first 3 colors in the list are probably the top selling color choices in the compact FWD appliance category, so they are conforming to the market.

They're also likely the top 3 color choices in the RWD mainstream category- every BMW or mercedees I see is black, white or grey/silver; there's no reds, greens, browns or blues out on the road (light enough not to be taken for black in dim light).

The overall modern automotive color palette is depressingly conformist and limited.

They build the colors that sell. Dealers don't often buy slow moving colors anymore. If there was a greater demand for green and yellow we would have them.

Sometimes it takes odd things. If there was a yellow Robot in Transformers There would be a yellow Buick.

Damn. I'd love one of these in dark blue. I'm tempted by the mid-level trim...

Damn. I'd love one of these in dark blue. I'm tempted by the mid-level trim...

I bet in a year in a half they will have a blue. GM seems to be playing the color game on their car more so than ever. They do a limited runs on colors and changed pretty regular anymore.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0