Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Compare: Buick Enclave Concept & Saturn Outlook

VenSeattle

Okay, not too bad. They don't look like obvious rebadges and the interior of the Outlook looks great! Is this production or is this a concept version of the Outlook?

Okay, not too bad.  They don't look like obvious rebadges and the interior of the Outlook looks great!  Is this production or is this a concept version of the Outlook?

Production Outlook. I think that GM did a great job making these SUVs very, very different. The interior schematics are similar, but thankfully not the design. The exteriors; very, very different. Great job.

I don't think I had seen an interior shot of the Buick before - beautiful! They have done a great job of differentiating the two, and they made the Buick more elegant, which is how it should be. Interestingly enough, though, the Buick's headlights look more like the current Opel style than the Saturn's. *shrug* That's fine - both look great and I think will fit in perfectly where they're slated to go.

That is a great job. I especially like the wraparound glass look on the Outlook and the three piece rear glass look on the Enclave. Gives them 2 totally different looks in profile to me. Same with the exhaust, rear glass and rear lamps. To a large degree other than the general shape, it does not look like they share much in common to the casual observer. The Saturn looks very family friendly (Toyota, Honda), while the Enclave looks very upscale (Lexus, BMW, MB). When do we see the production Enclave?

I can see some similarities, but they aren't obvious rebadges.  And I like the Buick better, less of a CSV front end

I actually like the Outlook better-it has one of the two good parts of the Relay-in this case, the Volvo XC90-inspired black wide rocker panel moldings, and the only other good part of the Relay being the 6-spoke 17" aluminum wheels (I know they're not the same, but the same basics). Outlook looks very GMCish to me-not a bad thing, but where does this leave the GMC Acadia? Is there even a point unless it were sent to Chevy?

Production Outlook.  I think that GM did a great job making these SUVs very, very different.  The interior schematics are similar, but thankfully not the design.  The exteriors; very,  very different.  Great job.

Yes, it's a good platform sharing effort...probably the only exterior parts in common are the windshields, front door windows, and the roof.. the hidden inner panels (firewall, door jambs, floorpan, etc) are probably common..

So the Acacia is the going to be the last one? (i.e. no Chevy, Pontiac, Isuzu, Saab, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall variants...)

Edited by moltar