Cheers or Jeers: 6,000 Mile 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Turbo

Cheers or Jeers: 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Style, comfort and a turbo for fuel efficiency!
    • Jeers! Look at all the fake woodgrain!

Cheers or Jeers: 6,000 Mile 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Turbo

This is a one of a kind Caddy! Fully loaded with every option available including sunroof. Vehicle has been stored inside for over 36 years! Original bill of sale was $19,759. Vehicle was purchased new and professionally modified to include an 8.2 liter turbo charged engine and dynoed at 600HP. Transmission is ratchet automatic console on floor. Dash was modified for Stewart-Warner high performance gauge clusters. It was originally equipped for nitrous but is not currently hooked up. Nitrous bottle is still in trunk. Battery hookup is also in trunk. American Racing wire wheel mags with new rubber, MSD, Mallory ignition, headers, dual exhaust, high performance, too much to list! Engine build sheet topped out at $15,000. Vehicle has 6,327 original miles! I am the second owner of this vehicle and just trying to find it a proper home. Great street or strip car! Body is in great shape with some small dings on door. Interior is in excellent shape. Need to redo headliner. See photos. This car won't last!

$(KGrHqV,!nsE63V3Y(fbBPFF+rGtdQ~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!n0E63WBWLpLBPFGJyCJqw~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!nUE63Tf7K(gBPFF+0EWK!~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!nME63S99g!QBPFF+voL,w~~60_4.JPG

I almost bought one of these about 10 years ago, around the time I was looking for a replacement for my Ninety Eight. Ended up with my Delta 88 because I had visions of making a one-off "442" out of it. I'd still like one of these Caddy's some day....just not this abomination. Jeers.

Pained me to hit the "jeers" choice, but I had to. NOT good.

I still love those '79-era Cadillacs, though....

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

* post-surgeryPARTY = 5:30p-10:30p, SAT, 02/11/12 | Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with" __ Kelly Clarkson __ 'Because Of You'

• 3 weeks later...

Ugly color and it does look like a backyard hot rodder. A ton of power, but it is probably a disaster to drive. And that style Cadillac shouldn't be about a massive engine, it should be about dignified and refined driving.

And how many times have you bragged on the massive v12 put in a handful of MBs??

• Agree 1

Ugly color and it does look like a backyard hot rodder. A ton of power, but it is probably a disaster to drive. And that style Cadillac shouldn't be about a massive engine, it should be about dignified and refined driving.

And how many times have you bragged on the massive v12 put in a handful of MBs??

Apples and oranges...those are factory, this is a homemade POS.

• Agree 1

A Fleetwood Brougham is not made with the chassis, suspension or steering or transmision to match the powerful engine. The S-class is tested on the Nurburgring and made for high performance driving. The original top speed of a 1879 Fleetwood was probably around 85-90 mph. This car is just a home made disaster. And boaty Fleetwoods should be driven by an older version of James May that likes simple highway cruising and thinks "powerrrrrrrrr" and speed are evil.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

And ALL muscle cars were not made with the chassis, suspension or steering or transmission to match the powerful engine. I'll say the tranny was up to spec on durability but then they weren't 8-10 speeds some only had 2. That said this car has brakes, engine maybe even a good 4spd add Bilstine's and c91 suspension bits and those pesky Germans would have a bit of a mess with this home brew. Me thinks thou protests too much. Do you envy someone that can create while you can or will only consume? People that build things even hobby cars are creative and have much to offer society.