Vehicles you like from manufactures you don't.

wildmanjoe

What's a vehicle you like from a manufacturer you otherwise don't really care for? It can be old or new.

My old one: Toyota FJ45 (After the the weak kneed drive train is swapped out for a Chevy one ton one of course:

644308023_b7312c41ac.jpg

My new one: Iveco Massif. (Seriously, Fiat should import this as a Jeep, not whatever FWD Fiat clown car it wants to sully the Jeep name with this time.)

IVECOMassif-medium-1578_2.jpg

The only manufacturer I consistently have a sizable distaste for is Toyota, and it is because of their high opinion of themselves.

I like the new Yaris 3-door

4Runner Off Road model

Toyobaru Sports Car

Lexus IS

...and...

Prius C

EDIT: whoops, forgot the little bulldog, Scion exD!

Edited by ocnblu

Nissan GT-R and Audi A5

I don't like any Japanese car brand, and the GT-R is the only Japanese car I like. I don't care much for Audi, but I like the A5, although I would never pick an A5 over a BMW or Mercedes or Jaguar product.

On the flip side, I sort of like the Lincoln brand, but hate all their cars. It is a shame they are so irrelavant and useless.

I no longer blindly like any company in business except Lamborghini.

From GM (I only like GM vehicles built before April 27, 2009.), Camaro... but its still an ergonomic nightmare for me.

From Dodge, the Charger and Challenger.

From Infiniti, the G37 Coupe.

The microcar coupes...from FIAT, 500... from Smart, ForTwo and from Mini, the Mini.

BMW, I like the 6 series... and the Mercedes CL series.

I still think the last generation of Toyota Celica was a really good looking car.

Toyota-Celica_GTS_2003_photo_04.jpg

Very true, it was an attractive car but it was more look than cook, IMO.

A far cry from what the TA22 Celica GT I posted was in its heyday (I.e. a Nissan GT-R/Mazda RX3 competitor)

Edited by Turbojett

I have to say, the setup of the Scion FR-S sounds rather smashing. The styling is tepid, but who can argue with a low mount, flat four, 200hp, RWD coupe weighing less than 2800lbs?

I've had a thing for the Infiniti G-Coupe since the start. The current Accord coupe is also rather attractive for a Honda. They accidentally got that one right.

My issue with BMW is how over-hyped they are, but a 7-series could probably steal my heart. The E39 5-series remains one of the best looking sedans on the road, stark contrast to the E60.

there hasn't been a Benz I've liked since the W210 E-class

It doesn't have to be a manufacturer you actively dislike, just one that doesn't make anything else that really piques your interest.

For example, Lancia mostly makes hopelessly stupid looking vehicles like the Musa:

320px-Lancia_Musa_front_20080424.jpg

That would otherwise not interest me. But a Stratos,

320px-Lancia_Stratos_HF_001.JPG

Now we're talking.

Another one: From the company that brought us the forgettable Galant, the Triton:

XRTML%20%2815%29lr.jpg

Here's the small, affordable pickup with a 4cyl turbo diesel so many people are wanting.

I don't really care who makes it. If it's good, it's good.

Yep.. Agree 100%

+1.. I shop the model not the brand.. Most mainstream brands I could easily see myself in 2 or so of their models but not more than 4 (probably 4 GM models), except luxury brands :)

Edited by frogger

I don't really care who makes it. If it's good, it's good.

I do, because I invest my limited time in learning how to repair and modify a particular company's cars. Since most car companies share parts and build techniques from Spark-end to Corvette-end of the spectrum.

OTOH, if I just bought car appliances and rotated them in and out every few years, I wouldn't care either... but I don't. I keep them forever.

• Agree 2

Another one: From the company that brought us the forgettable Galant, the Triton:

XRTML%20%2815%29lr.jpg

Here's the small, affordable pickup with a 4cyl turbo diesel so many people are wanting.

And don't forget the Evo. like it or hate it, it's a legend in it's own right. and it is a purpose-built racing homologation (or was for a time anyway).

Edited by Turbojett

These days there is only a handful of individual models from any manufacturer that I actually like, so the question doesn't really have much of an answer.

That said, I've always found Land Rover to be an overpriced bag of useless air, with the exception being the Defender 90.

Got a soft spot for those.

post-394-0-32741600-1330617615.jpg

• Agree 1

It is amazing how many EVO's and STI's I see with mountain bike and snowboard/ski racks on top going up the mountain here in Seattle.

• Agree 1

It is amazing how many EVO's and STI's I see with mountain bike and snowboard/ski racks on top going up the mountain here in Seattle.

Was the same way in Denver...and Audi A4s also...

I'm quite fond of the Land Rover Defender 90 also..

Was the same way in Denver...and Audi A4s also...

I'm quite fond of the Land Rover Defender 90 also..

I agree they are all fun good vehicles, wether your in the rockies or here in the cascades, AWD / 4x4 platforms pay for themselves if you drive them in a prope defensive manner.

• Agree 1

Never been a Toyota fan, but I've liked some of their sporty models...the first 2 generations of Supras, the 2nd gen MR2, the last generation Supra, the original Lexus SC...the old FJ Cruisers are neat, and I like the current ones.