Cheers or Jeers: 24,000 Mile 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville

8 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Ready for the track with all those strut braces!
    • Jeers! Maybe as a pace car. That 4.1 is slug.

One of the first things I look at on low mileage classic cars, is the BRIGHT WORK. The bright work will tell you if it has sat out all it's life, or been tucked away in careful storage like this beautiful Coupe. The Brightwork will tell you if it has seen many miles. All investment quality cars have great bright work. The Grill Top, Moldings, Glass Trim, and bumpers are all glowing brightly! The Vinyl roof hasn't been in the sun enough to shrink or fade it. Normally the paints of this generation faded and lost luster. Not this one. It still shines beautifully.

The Pewter Metallic Paint is in supurb condition. The Dove Gray Leather still looks NEW!

The Interior is just gorgeous. Deep plush carpet. Beautiful accents. You will be in absolute comfort sitting on the still soft leather.

**** NO RUST EVER!! ****

This Coupe had an excellent application of Ziebart Rustproofing when new, I don't think it will ever rust!

The tires are excellent. I drove this car about 50 miles home from where I bought it and it did a fine job. Everything seem to function normally, but the air conditioning, although working, may need a charge. The Power antenna is not going up and down on it's own. It will by hand though. That was a common Cadillac issue.

My feedback will tell you that I try to tell all the bad points I know about, as well as the good. The panels are very straight, but if you look closely below the driver's door handle, there is a parking lot ding. Your local Paintless Dent repair guy should easily fix it up if you think it's necessary.The bumper fillers or bumper extensions, are all excellent except for a small bit of fine scratches in the right front. Hard to see in the pictures.

This is the MOST FUEL EFFICIENT FULL SIZE DEVILLE EVER!

27/28 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY!

There is nothing like the feel of a full size rear wheel drive car. They ride so smoothly and turn on a dime. All the world's top cars are still rear wheel drive. Excellent car to take on an A.A.C.A. tour. Fun car to take to the cruise in's.

All this and you will be invested in a segment of the Classic Car Hobby that has been conistantly strong through the downturn.

Low mileage ORIGINAL AMERICAN LUXURY cars have been consistanly strong at all the auctions I attend. It is a great place to park money. The banks aren't giving you much interest and the stock market is still risky. You can't drive your portfolio to the Dairy Queen on Saturday night and have fun showing it off!.

I beat the bushes every day to try and fine Wonderful cars like this one. You can't believe how many miles, and how many hours I rack up trying to find special cars to offer. I do love the hunt though.

All in all, it would be hard to find a better Coupe Deville for the realistic reserve I have set. I could go on all night talking about the merits of this one. It truly is a very special car.

ZERO FEEDBACK BIDDERS MUST WRITE FOR BIDDING APPROVAL.

Premier Motors Inc. is a licensed, bonded and insured Pennsylvania dealership with over 30 years of experience with "specialty cars." I am also a notary public. I keep a very small overhead so I may sell only the finest, hand picked specialty cars at the market's best prices. By with confidence that my experience and reputation are of the utmost professional standards.

c1-1.jpg

c4.jpg

c32.jpg

c39.jpg

That one is in excellent condition, practically showroom dondition. The price isn't too bad either. The downside to this or any 80s car, is the horsepower, those 4100 V8 had about 130 hp, not much for a full size car.

Looks like it's got a cassette deck....I could hook my iPod up w/ a cassette adapter, put on a lot of early '80s New Wave, post-punk and '80s Brit Invasion music, a Members Only jacket (had a brown one and a gray one back in the day), and Ray Bans and 'ooze down the street in a gray Cadillac'...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar