2011 Chevrolet Caprice

2011 Chevrolet Caprice 9C3  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with this Caprice as a daily driver?

• Heck Yeah!! Apple Pie, Baseball, and V8 powered RWD Chevrolet all the way
    • No way! Still too much of a cop car for my tastes

3105529-1.jpg

3105529-2.jpg

3105529-6.jpg

3105529-7.jpg

Link: http://www.autoshopp...MD-17825776.htm

Dealer: Fox Chevrolet of Laurel, Laurel, MD

Price: $28,994

Mileage: 13,307

Seller's Description and Comments:

Ultra rare ,2011. chevy caprice.Gm certified,limited edition vehicle.Sports car performance with the luxury of a 4 door sedan

Located at Fox Chevrolet Of Laurel in Laurel, MD. Contact Fox Chevrolet Of Laurel today for more information about this vehicle.

Vehicle Options:

STANDARD FEATURES:remote power door locks|power windows|cruise control|4-wheel abs brakes|front ventilated disc brakes|1st row curtain head airbags|passenger airbag|side airbag|audio system security|digital audio input|in-dash single cd player|mp3 player|am/fm stereo|total number of speakers: 6|braking assist|abs and driveline traction control|stability control|privacy glass: light|black steel rims|wheel diameter: 18|wheel width: 8|plastic/vinyl steering wheel trim|plastic/rubber shift knob trim|auxilliary engine cooler|tachometer|manufacturer's 0-60mph acceleration time (seconds): 5.8 s|auxilliary transmission cooler|power remote driver mirror adjustment|power remote passenger mirror adjustment|dual vanity mirrors|compass|daytime running lights|audio controls on steering wheel|power remote trunk release|rear reading lights|cloth seat upholstery|bucket front seats|rear bench|tilt and telescopic steering wheel|power steering|suspension class: hd|interior air filtration|automatic front air conditioning|dual front air conditioning zones|tire pressure monitoring system|remote activated exterior entry lights|cargo area light|max cargo capacity: 17 cu.ft.|vehicle emissions: lev ii|fuel type: flexible|fuel capacity: 19.0 gal.|instrumentation: low fuel level|clock: in-radio display|headlights off auto delay|dusk sensing headlights|coil front spring|regular front stabilizer bar|independent front suspension classification|strut front suspension|four-wheel independent suspension|coil rear spring|rear stabilizer bar: regular|independent rear suspension|multi-link rear suspension|front and rear suspension stabilizer bars|variable intermittent front wipers|steel spare wheel rim|spare tire mount location: inside under cargo|black grille w/chrome surround|curb weight: 4,259 lbs.|gross vehicle weight: 5,339 lbs.|overall length: 204.2"|overall width: 74.8"|overall height: 58.7"|wheelbase: 118.5"|4 door

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm curious about the GM Certified part... I thought GM was putting a stop to dealers selling the Caprice all together to the civilian market, and this Chevy dealer in Maryland has this under the Chevrolet Certified Pre-Owned program too!

I just don't understand why GM/Chevrolet doesn't offer this car for sale here in the US. There has to be a market for it, and I know I'm interested (I would really want the wagon though).

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Interesting, I wonder where it originally came from? I see the carfax shows it was a private sale, not a police use or gov use. Guess they did not like the v8 gas mileage for being traded in so early.

I think it really is used though. No reason they can't sell a used cop car.

Well of course it's used, it has 13,000 miles on it :lol: But as dfelt pointed out, it was originally a private sale which is to say from the pictures that it looks like it has never seen police duty (you can tell that it's a 9C3 detective car, but is still too nice of an interior - factory console, cloth rear seats - to have been used in police services).

And when they first hit the dealer's lots some had the sense to spec them out for civilian sales, and got away with it, before GM learned of this news and put an end to it (I think there's an AutoBlog or Jalopnik article to verify this statement).

GM is gooing to be on his case for sure... As for the wagon, You'd have to get a Commodore wagon (i.e. SWB) as Holden does not build a Caprice station wagon...

I agree with your first statement, as this dealer is offering it through the Chevrolet Certified Pre-Owned program (I'm not positive fleet vehicles qualify for this program, especially used police vehicles). It seems as if he's found a loop hole for this particular unit (maybe because of it's private sale status and not fleet status). I know that the Caprice(LWB) model doesn't offer a wagon, but I'd be just as happy with the Commordore's wagon as I would with this LWB Caprice :smilewide:

Still, GM/Chevrolet should have offered the Caprice as the full-size model and put the current Impala to fleet sales only (a'la Captiva). After driving the '13 Ford Taurus, I feel the Impala is a joke (if in the market for a large car today, I wouldn't even consider the Impala and would go right to the LaCrosse).

what is the date of the original sale? could have gotten in before the crackdown.

June 25, 2011 is the date it originally sold. Check out the CarFax report, it has a fishy beginning (sold new at Criswell Honda? Unless that's a combo Chevy/Honda dealer): http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=SHP_0&vin=6G1MK5E29BL527101

what is the date of the original sale? could have gotten in before the crackdown.

June 25, 2011 is the date it originally sold. Check out the CarFax report, it has a fishy beginning (sold new at Criswell Honda? Unless that's a combo Chevy/Honda dealer): http://www.carfax.co...1MK5E29BL527101

It's Criswell Chevrolet Honda Nissan Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Maserati Fiat Isuzu GEM

Look at this entry:

04/02/2012 13,295 Auto Auction

Eastern Region

Listed as a manufacturer vehicle

Press car I wonder.

Does GM still have reps for the dealers? Maybe it was one of their demos that they get to drive around in. Or maybe it was a demonstrator car for the Maryland Police (state or local) to use for evaluation tests. The car didn't seem to leave Maryland or Delaware to often!!

June 25, 2011 is the date it originally sold. Check out the CarFax report, it has a fishy beginning (sold new at Criswell Honda? Unless that's a combo Chevy/Honda dealer): http://www.carfax.co...1MK5E29BL527101

It's Criswell Chevrolet Honda Nissan Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Maserati Fiat Isuzu GEM

Look at this entry:

04/02/2012 13,295 Auto Auction

Eastern Region

Listed as a manufacturer vehicle

Press car I wonder.

Highly doubt that. Caprice PPV press vehicle at the moment are fully decked out with lights, sirens, and push bar. I'm thinking along the same lines as GMTruckGuy.

I just don't understand why GM/Chevrolet doesn't offer this car for sale here in the US. There has to be a market for it, and I know I'm interested (I would really want the wagon though).

It looks about as exciting as dishwater, so I don't see there being much of a market for it. Especially when the Charger is available. Even in red, the Caprice makes the Lexus ES350 look incredible.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Still, GM/Chevrolet should have offered the Caprice as the full-size model and put the current Impala to fleet sales only (a'la Captiva). After driving the '13 Ford Taurus, I feel the Impala is a joke (if in the market for a large car today, I wouldn't even consider the Impala and would go right to the LaCrosse).

The 2014 Impala looks like it will do well against the non-SHO Taurus models. For the SHO crowd GM will offer the SS sedan. Quite an interesting portfolio of larger cars IMHO :)

It looks about as exciting as dishwater, so I don't see there being much of a market for it. Especially when the Charger is available. Even in red, the Caprice makes the Lexus ES350 look incredible.

The 2014 Impala looks like it will do well against the non-SHO Taurus models. For the SHO crowd GM will offer the SS sedan. Quite an interesting portfolio of larger cars IMHO :)

Well, looks are to each person, and I'm really comparing the current, long-in-the-tooth Impala to the Holden Caprice. I'd much rather drive the Caprice than the Impala. The SS Performance Sedan will be too far out of reach for me, and while I like the new '14 Impala it's not as impressive to me as the '13 Taurus is.

Remember, that red Caprice above is a well-spec'd out Flee/9C3 Police model. A civilian version would be a little more glamorous than that, I'd hope!

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Added a a poll to see how many people would like this Caprice as their daily driver.

I voted yes, as I would rock one of these Caprices in a heartbeat!! (pun intended) :P

I voted yes, though I'd need to get rid of the black doorhandles and mirrors, the bland wheels (needs black steelies) and try and spruce up the drab gray interior.

I agree with you Cubical, as I too would want a more pleasing to the eye appearance with this particular Caprice. Which is not a hard thing to do if GM/Chevrolet made civilian models. See these Holden Caprices for an example:

2008%20Holden%20Caprice.jpg

Holden_caprice_2009_Holden-download-pho-2009.jpg

2011_holden_caprice_01-4c7c7c72ed313.jpg

2011_holden_caprice_v_01d-4d4dbf0359218-m:610x450.jpg

Unlike others that feel the current Impala is fine, I disagree. I think it should have been sent to the Fleet for 2012 and the Caprice brought over to take it's place until the 2014 Impala was ready for market, even if it was limited to the 3.6L V6 engine (however it would be hard to not offer the V8). The SS Performance Sedan won't even be a factor here, as it will be expensive and limited in production.

Yeah, the gold one's appearance is nice, though I'd want a dark blue or dark red exterior color myself :smilewide:

As much as a truck guy that I am, if GM/Chevrolet offered a civilian version of the Caprice PPV I would seriously consider buying one. I was planning to go see what kind of deal I could have worked out on a Pontiac G8 sedan before 4th of July in 2009 when my dad had heart problems and went into the hospital for a stent operation (the incentives dried up quickly). Job stability and the loss of Pontiac later in 2009 killed that dream.

However, the Caprice could change that...

In Caprice trim it looks much more rental grade than the G8 did. To me this car looks really cheap and not worth the money. You could find a slightly more used CTS for the same money and on the CTS they at least bothered to paint the door handles the same color as the rest of the car.