Which 300 to buy?

If I were to buy a new 300, which one should I buy: the 300 Limited or the 300C? No, I do not want an SRT8 version. The biggest difference between the 300 Limited and the 300C is v6/8AT vs. v8/5AT. Any thoughts on this?

I think if I were buying (and the 300 is a car high on my list for my next car), I'd go w/ the V6 in Limited trim w/ all the premium interior packages. For a daily driver, the V6 w/ the 8spd auto would be fine IMO. I like the 'Luxury Series' trim as well, but it seems to be only available w/ the V8.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

If you need a car now, I would go for the limited v6/8AT but if you can wait my gut tells me the v8 will probably get the 8 speed next year.

I personally like the limited package and options.

I liked the executive edition and I'd go for the V6/8spd

That's the one I'd pick if it existed. It's not on the Chrysler Build and Price configurator on their site..the closest sounding is a 'Luxury Series' 300C w/ V8 only.

I would buy a Genesis over a 300, because I like the Hyundai interior and the engines are more powerful. But if only looking at 300's, I'd say the V6 is the better way to go, because 0-60 in 7 seconds or 6 seconds probably won't matter to you, but getting that extra 5 mpg probably will matter. If the V8 was DOHC and had an 8 speed transmission I would say that, but a pushrod and 5-speed is yesterdays news.

I would buy a Genesis over a 300, because I like the Hyundai interior and the engines are more powerful. But if only looking at 300's, I'd say the V6 is the better way to go, because 0-60 in 7 seconds or 6 seconds probably won't matter to you, but getting that extra 5 mpg probably will matter. If the V8 was DOHC and had an 8 speed transmission I would say that, but a pushrod and 5-speed is yesterdays news.

While only rated at 30ish mpg with the V6, on the highway, it will do much better than that.

What features are in the Luxury series and the Executive series of the 300?

The Executive series appears to not be out quite yet, but the main feature was the way the interior was trimmed. It comes with nicer leather and wood with actual grain and texture. It is the automotive old school country club with 200 year old wood and leather furniture.

What features are in the Luxury series and the Executive series of the 300?

Not sure..wondering if they are the same thing, I can't find any mention of an Executive Series on the Chrysler website.

Finding a Genesis sedan (for sale) is surprisingly hard where I live (SWFL), but I have seen at least 20 or so in the last year or so. The 300 is everywhere, and easily obtainable.

The Genesis doesn't feel to me like its built with the same care that the 3000 is...and the genesis Coupe still lags behind the Mustang and Camaro, IMHO...as well as the GTI, the BRZ/FRS...and the 370Z.

Hyundai builds some cool stuff but IMHO they are still playing catch up....

Finding a Genesis sedan (for sale) is surprisingly hard where I live (SWFL), but I have seen at least 20 or so in the last year or so. The 300 is everywhere, and easily obtainable.

...and a better car, IMHO.

His question was which 300 to buy, not which near luxury car to buy. Stay on topic.

• Agree 2

Go with the one you like better. They will both provide the style that you are looking for. Do you need a V8? Personally I like the V8, but Not all the cars in my house have the highest-end engine, but they all serve their purpose well. Unless you are pulling a trailer or something, I would probably go with the V6 personally which probably also features cheaper insurance bills (but maybe not with the Limited).

Go with the one you like better. They will both provide the style that you are looking for. Do you need a V8? Personally I like the V8, but Not all the cars in my house have the highest-end engine, but they all serve their purpose well. Unless you are pulling a trailer or something, I would probably go with the V6 personally which probably also features cheaper insurance bills (but maybe not with the Limited).

I suspect that the V6 alone will make the car cheaper to insure than the Hemi V8, regardless of trim level. I do not need a V8. I am not sure if I want one either. I ask the question of V6 vs. V8 because i was under the impression that the V8 may come with more desirable features than the V6. Is that true?

I ask the question of V6 vs. V8 because i was under the impression that the V8 may come with more desirable features than the V6. Is that true?

You would have to study the content for each trim level on the Chrysler site configurator. There are some trim packages that seem to be available on both, and some that are V6 or V8 specific.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I suspect that the V6 alone will make the car cheaper to insure than the Hemi V8, regardless of trim level. I do not need a V8. I am not sure if I want one either. I ask the question of V6 vs. V8 because i was under the impression that the V8 may come with more desirable features than the V6. Is that true?

Here is a link to the brocure: http://www.chrysler.com/en/pdf/2012_300.pdf

Pages 60-63 in the pdf have a great table that has all of the trims levels, features and options side by side.

Good luck!

The Genesis doesn't do anything for me...the low-rent brand, bland, deriviative styling...about the only thing going for it that it's RWD w/ a V8..

The 2012 update helps the exterior a lil bit. I agree, it is bland though, I wish they did more with it. I like the interior a lot though, the layout is similar to the S-class, and that is a good thing. The R-spec 429 hp V8 is pretty awesome though, I drove one, only around town at low speed unfortunately, but it is very quiet and you can tell very powerful.

Is the Hemi getting the 8-speed in 2013? If so that could be an option worth waiting for. But if you don't want/need a V8 why bother, it will just drink gas and cost more on oil changes, tune ups, etc. I like V8s so to me it is worth it, but if you don't care about V8 sound and exhaust note, then it isn't worth spending the extra money on it. Especially when the V6 is putting out 290 hp, that is as much as a lot of V8s made 10 years ago.

The Genesis doesn't do anything for me...the low-rent brand, bland, deriviative styling...about the only thing going for it that it's RWD w/ a V8..

The 2012 update helps the exterior a lil bit. I agree, it is bland though, I wish they did more with it. I like the interior a lot though, the layout is similar to the S-class, and that is a good thing. The R-spec 429 hp V8 is pretty awesome though, I drove one, only around town at low speed unfortunately, but it is very quiet and you can tell very powerful.

Get it.