Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

OCTOBER 2012 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!

ocnblu

Beautiful restored Model A Ford at the local car group meeting this morning on my way to the park and ride. Always love it when they get together for breakfast at the local Denny's and you have a who's who of American Steel. A couple of old Chevy Belairs in various stages of restoration, a very hot 69 Corvette. A lovingly cared for mint El Camino and Ranchero side by side. You could tell the owners clearly loved their car/truck auto.

1975 Caddy Coupe deVille, beige with a brown vinyl roof. Sharp looking survivor.

1978 AMC Concord 2-door; fancier D/L model that looked nice in red. Wheelcover inserts matched body color. Gonna try to get a picture of it.

Another new dark gray XTS Platinum on the road by my new work, with the larger thin spoke chrome 20" wheels. Already had chrome B-pillar trim and (odd) Vogue yellow-white stripe tires on the stock wheels. Amazing looking car on the road, especially in foggy rain with the HID's glowing. But leave the Vogues, please.

Enterprise has rented new Altimas to quite a few of our customers already. Didn't get a chance to look inside one, but the outside, to me, seems too subtle of a continuation of the breakthrough 2000 model.

And we have a white ZR-1 Corvette in the shop... it appears the driver spun and kissed a jersey wall on the left rear corner (cannot swear to circumstances though, as a co-worker is handling it) . Needs a rear tub and everything. Heartbreaking to look at it.

Starbucks this morning in Northeast Philly. Lady walking towards me was laughing then I saw why.

Eyelashes.

IMG_2745.jpg

WOW, Was that a functional Air scoop? Way too funny, performance Air Scoop with eyelashes! :rofl:

Saw a clean dark gray '73-77 El Camino in traffic this morning...couldn't see the nose, so not sure of the year. Also saw a Chevy Colorado pickup with a door in the bedside--had a door handle just like on the cab..unusual...some sort of aftermarket work bed, maybe?

Saw a clean dark gray '73-77 El Camino in traffic this morning...couldn't see the nose, so not sure of the year. Also saw a Chevy Colorado pickup with a door in the bedside--had a door handle just like on the cab..unusual...some sort of aftermarket work bed, maybe?

Two interesting sightings from where I sit. :AH-HA:

On the GMC Canyon & Chevy Colorado, the fleet option is called a Mid-Box:

midbox_storage_page_1_image_0001a.jpg

midbox_storage_page_1_image_0001b.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

That is a neat feature.

Saw something really funny yesterday. A late model Impala pulled up next to me at a stop light and I noticed right away that it had a cross-flag emblem on the front fender. I looked closer and saw that it had the "283" designation above the flags. It was the exact same emblem that you'd see on a 1965 Impala. Cute! :)

IMAG0813.jpg

1966 Rambler Classic 770 wearing AMC styled wheels from the mid-1970s. The badge on the rear fender said "232".

• Agree 1

Another XTS in my neighborhood, this time a White Diamond (the best) Platinum AWD. What a stunner in traffic. Before that, a lady driving a blue mid level model with a front Eagles plate (is Philly after all).

Seeing several of these out & about.

Same for 2013 Accords. Followed a red one with temp tags home yesterday. Still boring, but looks clean and not hideous like the last gen. The LED's in the lights are a nice touch as well.

Weird.

Since work moving out of Philadelphia and west to suburban Limerick, PA, I've seen 2 brand new owner driven Murano Crosscabriolets on the road out there. Never before, only on a dealer lot here or there near the city. Out there, people seem to buy them.

Saw a '90s Taurus, driving down a 4-lane road at about 40, with the hood up & a battery strapped to the core support with bungies.

Reminds me of a derelict early 90s Taurus I've seen around here a few times...been hit front and rear, has round headlights bolted on the metal bumper bar (the plastic front fascia and flush lights are long gone, along w/ the hood) and red coffee can lids for taillight lenses...

Saw a clean yellow w/ white top '64 Buick Skylark convertible last night...now that our equivalent of summer is nearly here, people are getting their neat old cars out.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I've seen a couple Ford Super Dutys with this kind of bed recently.

Resplendent, schwing!-sweet '72 Coupe deVille, butternut yellow, parked at the Chrome & Neon House of Twenty-Four Hour Gourging

Saw an very clean pale yellow '75/76 Sedan de Ville 4dr ht at an intersection this afternoon, seen it around a few times before. White vinyl top, tan leather interior.

Went lot cruising this afternoon. Mineral Green 2013 GMC Sierra color is awesome, with coarse metallic that really comes alive in the sun. Shame it comes only in a special edition package with chrome handles, mirror caps and side molding trim, and most likely only in the crew or extended cab bodystyles. I'll have to research that.

2013 Fusions are really nice. They look huge in person, could be because of the predominant horizontal disposition of the bodylines. Local dealer has two SEs, one at $24k, one with luxury package at like $27k, and a Titanium... that listed for $34k, gee whiz.

Subaru XV Crosstreks are in, and they're much cooler looking than their Impreza hatch fraternal twins... pretty sweet for what little they did to transform it. A lift kit, lower textured moldings, and a black and machined wheel make a good bit of difference in attitude, imo.

Restored old MG convert, red, mega uber tiny, cloggin up my windshield.

'73-74 Eldorado, spotted in pitch black pulled over, recognized the tails/parking lights.

'75 Coupe deVille, used car lot, brown, real nice shape except the rear bumper filler, sign said 37K and $3995 :

DSC01969.jpg

'71-72 Malibu 2-dr hardtop, mustard yellow, a bit of patina, parked.

'71-72 El Camino, original Iowa car via dealer ID & bumper sticker :

DSC01968.jpg

• Agree 1

Seriously, I was going to take my camera with me in case I sawr some cool stuff. But the AA batteries were dead, and I forgot to get a pack of new batteries at the grocery store.

Well now you have a homework assignment, young man. This weekend you must:

1. Buy new batteries

2. Visit the GMC dealership

3. Take pictures of the Sierra, assuming it is still there

4. Post the pictures here

This is a pass/fail grade, so make the teacher happy :lol: