--Interior trim combination Tuxedo Blue/Shale

--Interior trim combination Medium Dark Cashmere/Light Cashmere

--Exterior Color (15U) Cashmere Metallic

--Exterior Color (68U) Glacier Blue Metallic

New Features

--Exterior Color (14U) Light Quartz Metallic

--Exterior Color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic

--(NR7) leather, heated steering wheel

--Interior trim (39*) Cocoa/Light Cashmere, Cocoa on upper instrument panel, upper door trim, steering wheel, carpet, floor mats and rear shelf with Light Cashmere seating.

--Interior trim (40*) Cocoa/Shale, Cocoa on upper instrument panel, upper door trim, steering wheel, carpet, floor mats and rear shelf with Shale seating.

still no 6-speed...i wonder if that wheel finally tilt/telescopes

My sentiments exactly. I still can't believe critics pick on a tilt steering wheel that only tilts 4-5 positions... I mean, how many positions do you need it to tilt over a small range?

My sentiments exactly.  I still can't believe critics pick on a tilt steering wheel that only tilts 4-5 positions... I mean, how many positions do you need it to tilt over a small range?

I dunno, but I can see them picking on it cuz it doesn't telescope...teh Ford friggin' Focus has it, I think a Buick should too :P

How many positions?  Um, "infinite" like all the other manufacturers have.  Or Cadillac.

I forget, we all need 50 million positions over a few inches of range because we all differ several miles in height when sitting in a car. Sorry, the complaint is bogus at best.

As for telescoping, I think that it's just moronic. If it's offered on the base trim of the cheaper LaCrosse, someone tell me why it isn't in the Lucerne?

And Fly, I agree with you, I hate the rake beneath the Malibu steering wheel... it's awkward to reach in my opinion. I prefer my little lever on the left of the steering wheel.

Yea, instead of offering a full blue interior, just get rid of it and offer dookie brown instead ...BRILLIANT!. Seriously, though I wasn't a big fan of the "tuxedo" interior. Not enough blue, looked like a mistake, and the color they paired it with was waaaay to light. I still would really like to see a full blue interior, maybe for 2008? Along with a six-speed auto (I want it for the fuel economy), and a fold flat rear seat.

Edited by AM6_Cutlass

This is scary! Still no telescoping wheel. No power upgrades to the totally lacklustre 197 weakling 3800. No 3.6 even as an option. No wood steering wheel from the factory. No 6 speed automatic. No 291 hp version of the Northstar. What is GM's problem?

I agree that the 3800 is not exactly the most robust engine out there, but I understand why they put it in there. Its because they know that it is a good, reliable engine. The 3.6 is relatively new (especially new when compared to the 3800), so GM might have been worried some problems might develop. It's the same logic behind why they don't have the 6-speed in the Lucerne-just quality issues. However, the 291 hp Northstar isn't in the Lucerne because Bob Lutz feels that it would hurt the DTS. Some logic he has there. We just have to wait until the six-speed gets some real-world use. As for why there is no telescoping wheel, I can not explain that...

This is scary! Still no telescoping wheel. No power upgrades to the totally lacklustre 197 weakling 3800. No 3.6 even as an option. No wood steering wheel from the factory. No 6 speed automatic. No 291 hp version of the Northstar. What is GM's problem?

I agree 100%. 280HP HFV6 needed ASAP. 350HP N* (well, that's my dream) ASAP. 6SP needed ASAP.

The problem I find with GM's 4-5 detented position tilt-wheel is that it NEVER feels completely "right". Either I end up adjusting my seat to compensate or I just drive with the steering wheel in a less-than-desirable position. My '03 Honda Accord LX that I bought new for $18,700 has a infinitely adjustable tilt & telescoping steering wheel. Why GM can't seem to get it right, especially on a "Lexus-competitor" like the Buick Lucerne is beyond me. Such a downer to see a nice car like the Lucerne get nickel-and-dimed by the bean counters. Why not just put the power tilt/telescope column in from the DTS? That detail is enough to turn me off as a buyer.

I also have a '05 Dodge Grand Caravan which has a detented tilt-wheel...but it has many detents so it can be adjusted to a finer degree and I always seem to be able to find a comfortable position. Have GM's engineers driven any of their competitors' vehicles and studied the details that make owning them such a pleasure?

Edited by PsychoBueller

The problem I find with GM's 4-5 detented position tilt-wheel is that it NEVER feels completely "right". Either I end up adjusting my seat to compensate or I just drive with the steering wheel in a less-than-desirable position. My '03 Honda Accord LX that I bought new for $18,700 has a infinitely adjustable tilt & telescoping steering wheel. Why GM can't seem to get it right, especially on a "Lexus-competitor" like the Buick Lucerne is beyond me. Such a downer to see a nice car like the Lucerne get nickel-and-dimed by the bean counters. Why not just put the power tilt/telescope column in from the DTS? That detail is enough to turn me off as a buyer.

I also have a '05 Dodge Grand Caravan which has a detented tilt-wheel...but it has many detents so it can be adjusted to a finer degree and I always seem to be able to find a comfortable position. Have GM's engineers driven any of their competitors' vehicles and studied the details that make owning them such a pleasure?

No, you see, Buick is beyond precision!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

129718[/snapback]

You wouldn't buy a Buick because it doen't have the tilt/telescoping column, but you like driving a honda accord and a grand caravan? That's awesome.