Friends & Lovers...

Paolino

Paul, don't walk, but *RUN* in the other direction.

I've been down this road before, and it isn't a happy one.  Yes, my Wife & I were friends before we started dating, but mine was a 'once-in-a-zillion' situation.

[post="17286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nope... I'm afraid I'm already too far in "like" to turn around.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YellowJacket894

Now see, that sounds like a natural pairing.  I say go for it, ano, at least the sharing time part... if something more develops, all the better!

[post="16984"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I give it enough time, it may just work out. I remember her telling me something about some guy one day; I thought she was going to hook up with him. But, behold!, I was wrong and it was the other way around. Thinking back on it, I thnk she was hinting something at me.

And, although I'm not that good at reading people at first sight, I do think she knows I'm intrested in her. (Haven't said a word, though.) I'll wait just a little while longer; I really want this to work out this time.

• 5 months later...
Well, I don't exactly know. It's a case of he and I get along great, we have a good time together, and well, he just doesn't feel a click. But I do. And what's killing me now, is I'm watching him date someone who has my qualities, look like me, but, isn't me. And he's CRAZY over him. And I'm being the good friend and I'm being supportive, and I love seeing him so happy, and seeing that spark in his eyes, tone in his voice, but I wish it was for me. I never was intimate with someone where it felt so right... I mean, it was absolutely perfect. I was certain before we even did anything that he was "the one". After, I figured it'd only be a matter of time. But, who was I kidding?

One coment
"Love Stinks

yeah yeaaaaahhhhh

Love Stinks"

Even though my storys have different qualities it sucks man.

[post="99883"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You know what? Just for that, I'm going to play that song really loudly right now :) That song is PERFECT for how I'm feeling right now.

Wanna know what's really gonna bitch?

He wants to set me up with his new boyfriend's friend.... and DOUBLE DATE.

Oh my God. I could throw up at the thought of that right now.

I mean, how could I possibly focus on a date when I'm sitting across from him? And his new bf?!

Whatever. Gotta figure out how to get over this. It's so fucking weird too... but I won't get into that part.

He wants to set me up with his new boyfriend's friend.... and DOUBLE DATE.

[post="99891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dude...this guy better be really fucking hot in your opinion for you to be able to look past the complete retardation that is in the quote. Not that I know anything about these kinds of relationships...but damn this guy sounds dense if he thinks that's a good idea! LOL!

UGH... and I got the proposition to come over and have some "fun"... but that was it.  No getting into a relationship... he just wanted some fun with me.

[post="17007"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh please... as if you don't proposition me twice a day. :AH-HA_wink: :ninja:

*edited for accuracy* Edited by Oldsmoboi

Oh please... as if you don't proposition me every day.  :AH-HA_wink:  :ninja:

[post="99902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uh, I totally didn't proposition you SATURDAY... so there ;)

Dude...this guy better be really fucking hot in your opinion for you to be able to look past the complete retardation that is in the quote.  Not that I know anything about these kinds of relationships...but damn this guy sounds dense if he thinks that's a good idea!  LOL!

[post="99899"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Croc, he's a really great guy. He wants to be good friends. We're becoming good friends... just that, I have the other feelings kinda taking over. I was able to deal with it once, I'm hoping I'll be able to handle it again.

Man, this thread awoke from a long slumber...what's up with that?

Paulie...Paulie...Paulie...oy

Let's make this a general purpose thread. That's one of the absolute hardest things to accept in life. And it goes both ways (I'm being serious) - some have done it to you and, conversely, you inevitably have done it to someone else: a guy or girl who was nuts over you and you were just "eh" on them - let's be friends. Don't tell me you haven't done that? In the past, it was done to me more. Now, as I have become more cautious and self-sufficient, I tend to be the one that does the rejecting. I don't like being put in that role but I've not given off any signals other than being approachable or polite that warrant any more than that.

Another thing - and I have to give you shit: is it the NY or the Italian or both that make you spew this unbridled neurotic passion? Good God. Take a chill pill. Have you ever looked back and saw that someone you were nuts about was probably "just ok" in perspective several years later? I am SURE that's happened to you and don't deny it. I've done that - what did I see 5 years ago?

I went to a high school reunion because I found out that a girl I was nuts about from 17 through 20 or 21 was available (very sad circumstances that made her available). Knowing her penchant for this kind of event, I knew she'd be there. She was. Because I had changed A LOT she didn't recognize me and came up to me at the bar and introduced herself! I thought - is this a turning of the tables from when I was a short squirt of a junior and senior at my little Catholic high school? I told her who I was. She was a little perplexed but, since we were among the few unpaired people there, she sits at my table for dinner. To make a long story short, she became DISinterested over the ensuing months because she had "boxed" me in as who I was at 17 or 18. The reality was that, in addition to changing physically, I became much more worldly and self-confident. She couldn't get there. In reality, she had declined in "quality" - no she didn't put on weight or anything. She just wasn't that great of a package and I was able to see a lot of her personal issues (many) that you would gloss over as a kid because a person looks a certain way and that's all that matters.

You're not a kid anymore. You've done enough living to where you should take on the attitude "if they don't like me, then so what." It's a great place to be. It took a while for me to get there. It may for you as well.

Be cool. Va bene?

Another thing - and I have to give you shit:  is it the NY or the Italian or both that make you spew this unbridled neurotic passion?  Good God.  Take a chill pill.  Have you ever looked back and saw that someone you were nuts about was probably "just ok" in perspective several years later?  I am SURE that's happened to you and don't deny it.  I've done that - what did I see 5 years ago?

Be cool.  Va bene?

[post="99911"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Roberto, lo conosci e capirai.

Seriously though, phenominal man. I mean, perfection in a human being (and I can see flaws, but we're talking as close to perfect as you're going to get). Just, incredible. Like, the type of man I met, and I actually said to myself, "Pinch me, I must be dreaming. He is everything, in every way, that I could have ever wanted in a man."

The last guy I was crazy over... well, it's been 12 years, and we're still close friends... and guess what? I never doubted for a day that he wasn't awesome.

Yeah, the Italian has something to do with it... we're a passionate folk, and you know that. He's Italian too.

And well, yes, I've done the "see you as friends" things... but to women. I think I've done it to one man, but it was like after a first date where he obviously felt a connection--but he was like crazy over me after 1 date and I felt like saying, "Dude, we shared a steak and a conversation together--I hardly doubt this is love at first sight." But, you never know. I do believe in it.

Anyway, yeah, so I'm good at times, but then I have my moments where I'm just saying, "Oh fuck. How'd this happen?!" Edited by Paolino

Oh so you're calling *it* the "CTS" now hmm?  :lol:

[post="99952"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, you know, with the "CTS", 0-60 and it's all over in a matter of seconds... eh, Olds? :lol:

Just talking about it helps ease things. (((Paulie)))

[post="100089"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ocn, the situation is disgusting! lol

I am at times where I don't even want to talk about it because I just don't want to hurt anymore, and then there are times where I feel if I don't say anything, I'm going to explode. Everyone at work has noticed a difference in me... I've been quiet, and I'm usually lively and cracking jokes.

OK...I can see where this is going...a private over the back yard fence conversation between Long Island and Eastern PA...indeed... a conversation between 2 of the 5 or so C&Gers I like to give the most grief to. Cheer up, gents.

OK...I can see where this is going...a private over the back yard fence conversation between Long Island and Eastern PA...indeed... a conversation between 2 of the 5 or so C&Gers I like to give the most grief to.  Cheer up, gents.

[post="100372"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...and today's Golden Post Award goes to BOB!!

OK...I can see where this is going...a private over the back yard fence conversation between Long Island and Eastern PA...indeed... a conversation between 2 of the 5 or so C&Gers I like to give the most grief to.  Cheer up, gents.

[post="100372"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*western PA

*Magically turns C&G into Myspace*

Anyways... :P Yeah, yeah... um... I ache. Have I ever said that before? Forget Shane (if you're already lost, ask Chris)... well, not completely, but there's this other guy, Ryan. I am in awe right now. Mainly because yesterday and today have been great days. I've always had a thing for him, but never really thought anything of it because he's straight. Well, as I grew deeper into a depression over the past month or so (and it's a fact... seeing a psychiatrist, says I'm close to being severely so, and recommended medication, which I just recieved and started taking. yay), I started noticing him more and wishing we were atleast friends or whatever, but especially lovers, which would never happen... :D Wow... well, suddenly came Monday. Oh god... what a day it was. First, he randomly came over to me, put his hand on my back, made a comment about something I had on desk, then went back to his seat after lightly running his hand through my hair. That made my day, right there. But that wasn't the end of it. After school, I went to the doctor (for the depression meds). Well, somehow, someway... he was there. Weird. I couldn't look at him. I don't know what he thought. After seeing the Doc, I was hoping to see him again, but he wasn't there. Still isn't the end, though. Later that night, I took the Blazer to town to get a few things and go to some dealers for something to do. Well... as I was pulling out of the dealer, I see this blue Mini Cooper with a British flag on the white roof drive by. I'll be damned... it was his. In it, I see him. Holy what-the-hell-is-going-on-here!? I follow him for a little ways until he turns onto a road I'm not going on. Last night, all I could think about was that. Today, I still had that in my mind. Well, oddly enough, it happened again. He said he saw me at the doctor's and just had this strange interest in trying to... IDK... be nice, I guess. Probably seems like nothing special and that I'm probably obessed (well, maybe I am...), but he never talks to me, let alone notices me. Anyways, I've been day dreaming of just being friends with him, which is the next best thing to the impossible.

Alright... I'm done... carry on... Oh, and sorry for *magically* turning C&G into myspace for this post. Blame... um... someone who isn't me? Sure... sounds good. :lol:

...and didn't his Mini just get named official Twink Car? Yea no straight guy would be *THAT* physically affectionate. But...so you say he went from not knowing you exist to touching you and stuff? You not making any of this up? Be honest.

I'm very glad to hear things are happening for you, Vipes. Hopefully you and your parents are coming to an understanding, which can only enhance your relationship with them.

"Ryan" is a very dangerous name, mostly good danger, but yeah. Have fun and be careful. You were in school when you had your "moment" with him? That's brave.

...he put his hand on your back and ran his hand through your hair?  Dude...that's just almost too much of a coincidence.  How do you know he's straight?

...and didn't his Mini just get named official Twink Car?

Yea no straight guy would be *THAT* physically affectionate.

But...so you say he went from not knowing you exist to touching you and stuff?  You not making any of this up?  Be honest.

[post="103713"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No... I mean, he did it in a friendly way. Know what I mean? ...Or not? :P

Also, it wasn't like he didn't know I existed. We know each other, but weren't friends or anything and he never... like... talked to me and such.

Anyways, he's straight. How do I know? Well, it's obvious. :D That and I don't get any... uh... gay vibe from him at all. Yeah... With Shane, I still just have this feeling he is gay. Not Ryan, though.

Not to mention it is a blue mini with a british flag on top...deffinitely gay!

[post="103715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have no explaination for his car... I will say that he's a BMW fan from a BMW family and his dad bought him that Mini. He's definitely preppy... and rich. I guess you could call him a metro. :lol:

I'm very glad to hear things are happening for you, Vipes.  Hopefully you and your parents are coming to an understanding, which can only enhance your relationship with them.

"Ryan" is a very dangerous name, mostly good danger, but yeah.  Have fun and be careful.  You were in school when you had your "moment" with him?  That's brave.

[post="103732"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well... It wasn't much of a moment... to anything other than me. ^_^

No... I mean, he did it in a friendly way. Know what I mean? ...Or not? :P

[post="103779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hand on back, meh, means nothing. Running hand though hair? That's getting kinda close to flirting. Combine the two? Just a bit much of the physical contact...

Keep smiling, Viper. A lot of people here think highly of you and want to see you do well. You have one hell of a future. You're already ahead of the game v. millions of others because you're out to your parents, even if it was inadvertent. Once the shock wears off for them, I believe they will support you even more, and that's a great starting point in adult life.

Moms make the decisions. She's the best one to be out to. Believe me. Dad without getting laid for two weeks .......he'll change his attitude if it ever comes to that.

BV... don't exclude someone because you're not getting a "vibe". John has to be one of the most masculine men I've ever met in my life, and guess what? Yup. I've met some straight guys that are more effeminate than I am, so you can't always go on gut feelings or appearances. But, once you finely tune your "radar", you'll learn to use it to your advantage and weed out the breeders :lol: I wish you luck with your situation. Mine is just getting more and more confusing...

It's not what he looks like... It's how he acts and what he says. I can just tell. :P

[post="104415"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Again... don't be so sure.

Have a straight friend... people think he's gay.

John, he's full-on gay... manliest man you'll ever meet.

I havent had time to read through everything, I was going to but saw 8 pages and did not want to go through all 8 of them. On the other hand, god I know what you mean, I hate those situations, you like someone and they dont like you back, they say they would if something would spark.... meh been in that situation before, still in that situation.... god that hurts lol

Well, I can take fact that I'm starting to actually get over John... it's been months, but I feel that distancing myself a bit and getting out there is helping, and I'm able to talk to him for brief periods of time, keep it friendly, and not get that horrible feeling. Then again, maybe I'm just having a good day :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, but I'm just saying... :P

[post="105065"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Of course ;) I wish there were a lot of people who turned out to be, well, heterosexually-challenged LOL