Hyundai News:Spying: 2015 Hyundai Genesis

By William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

April 17, 2013

A fresh batch of spy photos of the 2015 Hyundai Genesis were released today and it looks like the new model will be carrying some of the cues seen on the HCD-14 Concept shown earlier this year at the Detroit Auto Show.

The most notable parts of the 2015 Genesis are the front and rear clips, which look almost like the clips on the HCD-14 Concept. The front features a large, square grille and rectangular LED headlights. The back end has a raked rear window and detailed LED taillights.

Moving inside, the 2015 Genesis takes some ideas from the new 2014 Equus with a much cleaner center stack and a mix of analog gauges paired with digital screens.

Source: Automobile Magazine

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

The interior gives me a BMW vibe, compared to the current car's S-class looking center stack. I wish they'd come up with their own look, hopefully the exterior looks like a Hyundai and not just like a blend of other cars. I like the current Genesis a lot, but it is just too boring looking, and doesn't have enough unique styling cues. I hope this car is good, and the 5.0 V8 carries over, because getting a 430 hp rear drive luxury sedan for $45k is great value.

What I meant was they don't NEED to copy the Teutons. In fact, it hurts them more than it helps them because it creates the perception that they are nothing more than copy cats -- which they have come a long way from technologically,

I think Hyundai is on the right track with their designs, the new Santa Fe, and Mighu or whatever the Chinese specific sedan is, are very attractive and all of the newer Hyundai's have interiors that IMHO have more (mostly good) character than other manufacturer's. Why not carry this over into the Genesis? Instead they are using some bland looking interior design...