Wash. Post & NY Times review Lucerne

buickguy

Warren Brown (Washington Post) is pretty fair when it comes to reviewing all things GM. He was one of the only journalists that complained about the decline of GM and Ford, so I think he writes some of the more unbiased reviews. Just goes to show how good GM cars are when given a chance.

I liked the six-cylinder model better in some respects — its drivetrain seemed to fit the package better, and its performance was certainly adequate.

I think that says a lot about the 3.8 still. This is the only article that addresses the fact that this engine has been some people's lifestyle for years. The 3.8 is the reason why many people BUY GM.

When it comes to the Lucerne CXS, I'd say "Yes" to that one in a hurry. And I'd say "Yes" to the Lucerne CXS even if the offered alternative rides included the Toyota Avalon, Chrysler 300 or the Cadillac DTS, which shares the Lucerne's front-wheel-drive platform.

That is a very weighty thing to state. I'm glad he did.

I'm also glad one of the articles mentions the 300's base engine is less powerful than the Lucernes. People are only concerned with how powerful the Avalon is.

I also agree with whatever reviewer exclaimed the Avalons big advantage is the fuel economy. That's a fact and with the gas prices how they are GM needs to improve on this fast.

I think that says a lot about the 3.8 still. This is the only article that addresses the fact that this engine has been some people's lifestyle for years. The 3.8 is the reason why many people BUY GM.

That is a very weighty thing to state. I'm glad he did.

I agree whole heartedly. My first car(a 90' buick park ave) was 9 years old and had 147,000 miles on it. It had been kept in the family so it had been given its proper care. It was so dependable and pampering that I am ruined for all other engines. My mother has a Lincoln LS V8 and my brother a Chrysler 300m(2000 model) While I conceede that their cars are more 'fun' to drive, it does not make me want to give up my 3800. Whenever GM starts phasing them out, I believe we will fly the flag at half staff for truly a pioneering entity of the automobile industry will be lost.

OMG, we need to take out a billboard that states his comment about choosing a CXS over the 300 or Avalon (I'm excluding the DTS, because I don't want to downplay another GM car). ^_^

I attended a conference at the Westin La Cantera Resort outside San Antonio, TX this past weekend and saw a Black Lucerne CXS with tinted windows parked next to a Lexus LS 430 and was surprised how much the two looked like they belonged in the same group. The Buick has a really good look to it that says money without being flashy or bold.

All in all I was impressed with the fact that the Lexus in no way made the Buick look cheap or out of place.

I love the looks of the Lucerne, and its interior.

Haven't been able to drive one (I don't fit the demographic, among other things) but I would take this over the Avalon or Montego.

Over the 300?

Doubtful. Chrysler is still my brand.

Lucernes look great in black, red, and dark blue.