JUNE 2014 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!

Coworker caved in over the weekend and traded in his 2009 subaru for a fully loaded AWD 2014 Buick Encore. He loves it, it is a cute little bugger. I have to say I really love it too.

Was traveling in steep, hilly river country yesterday on my way to a Susquehanna River overlook. Got behind a parade of 4 MG convertibles... and a Mini Roadster, out sightseeing.

This is not really a spot. But I had a dream last night about a car. It was a kit-built, low, wedge-shaped, 2+2 shooting brake with metallic purple paint, parked in a yard in my neighborhood. I saw it and thought about posting about it here. Then I "borrowed" it and took it for a joyride with some friends, and ended up getting pulled over by the cops.

Just thought I'd share.

Just sitting on the street the other night, but the pose was perfect...the newest Mazda 6 is a looker, almost more than anything in the class.

IMG_6265_zps3b2c59e9.jpg

Stopped at a Chrysler dealer in DE on my way home a weekend ago, and checked out the new Granite metallic 2015 Chrysler 200S AWD. Great looking car, and this S package with the dark trim and larger wheels especially so. V6, 29mpg, and AWD sounds great.

IMG_4800_zps88d97196.jpg

IMG_7741_zpsf41bb0d4.jpg

IMG_6790_zps66c79d8f.jpg

IMG_3704_zpsaccca56e.jpg

IMG_8950_zps1110848f.jpg

IMG_7171_zps96cea530.jpg

Next door they had both a silver 2014 and silver 2015 Suburban side by side. Good comparison.

IMG_2418_zps4f884867.jpg

IMG_7335_zps67194065.jpg

IMG_5067_zps2e408a3c.jpg

The new 2015 definitely looks more polished, finished, and stronger "built" when doing such a comparo. Otherwise, not massively different. Wheels help, for sure.

Love the body on the new full size SUV's but love the older nose on the chevy more than the new nose. Mazda 6 I have to disagree with everyone, very ugly car with a big nose on it.

I've seen a few of the new Tahoes and Suburbans in the last week...don't know how I think of them relative to the previous model--don't care for the new grille and the weird light scalloping on the sides, previous front end was nicer IMHO...and the side windows seem too small and square..previous models had better window shapes, IMO...the new ones just seem so blocky..

I agree, Cubical.  I only really like the 2015 Cadillac Escalade and GMC Yukon Denali (short wheelbases, not long).  I find the 2007-2014 Chevy Tahoe & Suburban to be a great design, but these new ones I could pass on.  The wife is still trying to talk me out of a pickup and into another SUV (ain't gonna happen!) but with the new styling and pricing of the full size SUVs I'll stick to the pickups.

New 2014 Police Chargers, all black with no markings other than the lights for Edmond's and Mountlake Terrace Washington. They must have just got them. They were at the local Country Donut place this afternoon, funny to see cops comparing rides. The cities but up against each other.

Went to a local car show this afternoon without my camera.  The car that stands out more than the rest?  A '63 Corvette, owned by its second owner since 1968.  Nothing cosmetic has been done to it in that time, and it sat in a garage, up on jacks for 30 years.  Quite the patina on its weathered white paint and chrome (perfect stainless though).  Red interior shows some age, but the upholstery was in no way ratty, not a rip or tear to be seen, carpet not faded.  340 horse 327 with 4 speed manual and 4.11 gears... the second highest horsepower engine offered in '63 (highest being the Fuelie).  Just a really special car.  I was awed.

Metallic pink Mark V with rose coloured landau roof and velour interior.  I've never seen one that color, and it appeared to be factory.  In the mall parking lot, parked way out.

Metallic pink Mark V with rose colored landau roof and velour interior.  I've never seen one that color, and it appeared to be factory.  In the mall parking lot, parked way out.

I remember they had a pinkish champagne color offered on those. Very cool and very rare.

I think the Mazda 6 is a looker also.  Even more so I like the Mazda 3 hatchback with the LED light package, it looks quite sharp, especially for a lower priced car.  I saw a white one and a bronze one, both looked sharp.

Stunningly hot young police officer came

in to pick up his Genesis coupe after a collision repair.  His old lady dropped him off in her white Cruze diesel, it sounded cool when it left.

@ the house behind my customer's house, I spotted chrome thru the trees. At fist I thought it the front fender of a '57-58 Merc, then I realized it was the rear quarter of a '58 Cadillac coupe. Circled the block, but couldn't get a closer look.

That's an interesting mix up to make.

Was out for a walk around the neighborhood tonight trying my best to fend off a possible sickness before my vacation.

Spotted this:

post-51-0-82752700-1403920069_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-72758600-1403920071_thumb.jpg

Nice old F-250.  Last evening, leaving the Dragon Buffet, I saw a mid-60's Dodge pickup, multi-coloured, with a washed-out patina, but clean wheels, and a horse hood ornament.  It was the perfect hipster mobile.

Speaking of Dodge pickups, I saw a red early-80s Ram 50, a model I was not familiar with.

Was a Mitsubishi rebadge..Was also called the D50, and Plymouth had a version called the Arrow.

Saw something interesting today, but can't recall what it was...getting old I guess. (turned 44 today).  Or maybe it was the sangrias at brunch..;)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

VERY cool.  Is that a McLaren?  Also, I didn't realize the crazy time zone difference between the US and Germany.  You're 5 days behind us back home here?  :AH-HA:

Yes, the short lived McLaren MP4-12C spyder...