Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

Dave, I hope everything goes well for all of you. 

- - - - -

Question on restaurant tipping.  Do you tip on the pre-tax or after-tax tab? What is considered correct?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Hoping the wife’s chemo will start next week. Just wanted to update you guys, not sure if I will be on much this week…..

As a cancer survivor and my wife also a cancer survivor, you and your wife are in our thoughts, wishing you both all the best. I believe she can and will survive this with your strength there to keep her moving forward.

Hugs Love GIF by joeyahlbum

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

- - - - -

Question on restaurant tipping.  Do you tip on the pre-tax or after-tax tab? What is considered correct?

Some people say pre-tax, the amount is so small that I just do it based on the sales tax here which is 10%, so I double it if the service deserves it, pay equal to the sales tax if service is ok, but needs work and pay 5% if service needs serious help and I usually say something.

My wife and I worked our way through college in the restaurant industry and I know how little they pay, so I feel tipping is important, but only based on the quality of the service.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

- - - - -

Thank you!

Usually do pre tax, but I tend to give more anyways. Wife worked as a server for a little while, so I totally understand that they need good tips…..

Seattle heat wave and my crazy day due to some things that failed due to the heat had me laughing when I saw this.

image.png

Remembering the 90's

image.png

Guess all those kids grew up with a warped sense of humor. Too Funny!

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Hoping the wife’s chemo will start next week. Just wanted to update you guys, not sure if I will be on much this week…..

I will be thinking about your family. 

An actual post...

May be an image of text that says 'The Transformed Wife @godlywomanhood Did you know that women couldn't be preachers if microphones weren't invented? They don't have the strong, powerful voices that carry ike men's voices do. God created men to be the preachers. 11:53 6/26/21・ Twitter for iPhone 2 Retweets 9 Quote Tweets 29 Likes'

• Thanks 1

For those that love to get dirty and play in the mud:

Seems the Raptor and Ram TRX are about to get some V8 loving Competition!!! :metal: 

No Diesel, but the 6.2L V8 with 10spd transmission according to this story.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 Pickup Truck: Our Exclusive Details (musclecarsandtrucks.com)

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Must. Win!

*sigh*

yeah...

The Lightning have got everything.

1. The offense

2. the defense

3. the goalie

4. the big guys

5. the fast guys

6. the play off experience

7. the reigning Stanley Cup champs

The Habs have got the goalie.  

The Habs have got the heart.  But the Habs also are 2-3 pieces away from being true Stanley Cup champs including the knowledge of what it really takes to win the Cup.  Suzuki and Caufield the last game cost a goal because they let up just a tad in back checking. But they are rookies.  Caufield barely had a handful of games played before the play offs started.    As I posted the Habs/Lightning map, Lightning scored to take the 2-1 lead with .03 seconds left in the 2nd...   SHYTE!!!    But THAT is how and why champs become champs in all sports.  The little miracles that happen that champs seem to be on the right side on...  

Yeah...the Habs need tonight. If not. Tampa becomes Champs 2 in a row.  

EDIT

PS:  Tampa also circumvented the rules just a tad.    Loop hole that NEEDS to be closed.

18 million over the cap because of the injury list thing, but the rules dont punish teams and allows this for play offs...

Crap if you ask me... 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Pro Trump States versus Pro Biden States?

Nah GIFs | Tenor

Move over Cowboys...America has got a NEW team!!!

GO HABS GO

Me not like being a red state!

What is this about again? 🤔

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, David said:

Me not like being a red state!

What is this about again? 🤔

35 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Hockey

Les Blue Blanc et Rouge to be exact.    Les Sainte-Flanelle if you will! 

He re-did the song for this year. 

As much as I hate this hockey club, I got teary eyed listening to this song. Im really proud of my city. I love Montreal.  I must admit, I still am a Montreal Canadiens fan deep down inside.  

He re-did this one too.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I was kinda hopin' for something else

The Wobble Girls Mud wrestling Crystal vs J.i Jen - video Dailymotion

You were really wanting this:

image.png

Poor Mustang! :P 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Was gonna write this up, but just too much going on this week, so you can read all about it here at the press release:

Nissan unveils EV36Zero – a £1bn Electric Vehicle Hub (nissannews.com)

Short version, Nissan is killing off all ICE production in the UK. They are investing $1 billion euros in Sutherland UK to build a complete EV production facility with parts supporting vendors to build BEV for the UK and export to Europe.

Production in Sunderland will create 909 new jobs at the plant, and more than 4,500 in the UK supply chain, while safeguarding a further 75 R&D jobs. The transformational project takes the total capital investment by Nissan into the plant past £5bn, and also includes:

• R&D at Nissan’s European Technical Centre in Cranfield, Bedfordshire
  • Support for UK suppliers to transition to electric vehicles
  • Plant competitiveness and environmental improvements
  • Skills development in the Nissan workforce for future technologies

In 2019, the European Union passed a law quietly that will have many shocked mad. Starting in 2022 across all European Countries, new auto's ICE, Hybrid, BEV, etc. must have speed limiters technology installed. This is a combination of GPS and local maps stating what the posted speed limit is so that the computer then will not let you go over the posted speed.

Lucky as the story states, rare chance that speed limitation will come to North America for now.

Are Speed Limiters Coming to American Cars? (thetruthaboutcars.com)

According to this latest story, seems the chip shortage is adding another item no longer available on GM trucks/suvs, HD Radio.

The Ongoing Chip Shortage Just Added HD Radio To Its List of Victims - GM-Trucks.com

• Haha 1

This is a video of the north end Lite Rail overpass that is going in by my neighborhood. I am less than 1/2 mile away from this north. The lake seen is the local lake here in Mountlake Terrace.

More pics here if your interested in what the area looks like and our lite rail that is going in.

Fresh pics: Lynnwood Link rising along Interstate 5 | Sound Transit

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

The pods are coming! The pods are coming! 

Acceleration limiters are coming next, mark my words.

Perfect reason to just update your existing auto you love with EV powertrain and avoid the government crap mandates. :P 

44 minutes ago, balthazar said:

No need to flush all that money- it's grandfathered😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 

I am more than happy to convert my 1994 Suburban to a BEV. Time to leave the smell and mess of ICE behind.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

This is a very cool story and proves that Tesla and their blathering CEO is idiots about the history of companies that already did cool things like the yoke on the Tesla S Plaid that came out on a Mercury 5 decades earlier.

Mercury “Wrist-Twist” Steering Tried a Tesla Model S–Style Yoke in 1965 (motortrend.com)

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

I would never even consider gutting my vintage vehicles; there's literally no reason to.

Plenty of reasons and more from better tech to less complexity and maintenance. Quieter, faster, better balanced with a lower center of gravity for a lifted SUV and a hug FRUNK! 

Plenty of reasons to ditch the old stuff for better newer stuff.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Yes, a hearty Happy Canada Day greeting to our Canadian members - and Canadian members we don't see much of anymore - from those of us, such as me, who like Canada a lot!

AT first I thought you said Cannibis day. I was thinking finally, something I can inhale that makes Toyotas look attractive. 

14 hours ago, David said:

This is a video of the north end Lite Rail overpass that is going in by my neighborhood. I am less than 1/2 mile away from this north. The lake seen is the local lake here in Mountlake Terrace.

More pics here if your interested in what the area looks like and our lite rail that is going in.

Fresh pics: Lynnwood Link rising along Interstate 5 | Sound Transit

I saw them building this when I was out there. 

May be an image of crustacean, food and text that says 'A turkey, a few crab legs and some sausage, and no one will ever ask you to cook a festive dinner again.'

May be an image of text that says 'Call with wife Me:"Babe I'm at Lowe's what type of ceiling fan did you want for living room ?" Wife:' don't care pick what you think looks good" Me: "ok you sure?" Wife: 'it's a fan you can't screw that up" The new fan:'

• Haha 2