Random Thoughts Thread

On 6/16/2021 at 9:55 PM, regfootball said:

The styling was bad.  I do think if the Camaro, or a new model similar to it, went back to a hatchback design with a spacious cargo hold like the rageous, and all wheel drive option were out there. It would be a neat unique market offering. Or, maybe a non cadillac version of the escala?

A caddy version? Not sure there….

11 hours ago, regfootball said:

WOW, So someone took the current model, put a few fresh bits on it and then punched it in the nose. What a face only the idiot designer could love. :puke:

Had a great afternoon meeting Chris, his wife and son.

@A Horse With No Name Thank you for taking the time out of your trip to meet me with a wonderful face to face discussion with your family.

Got some great ideas for posts from our chat.

20210619_165024.jpg

For those that have wondered how big I am, Chris can attest that I am not a small man. He got to see my Escalade.

Safe flight home Kim and Chris. See ya soon.

• Agree 3

That new Tundra face..reminds me of Bane's mask. 

Speaking of Tundras, my CDJR dealer had two Tacomas and a Tundra on the lot--all 2018-2020, all silver 4x4s. And a dark blue '20 Ranger.  All low mileage used, parked out front w/ Rams and Gladiators. 

• Agree 1

I watched my son's first baseball game of the year.

He had a 50/50 game.

He went 2/4 with 3 RBIs. A single, a double and a walk. He came in all three times he made it to base.   No strike-outs.

He played shortstop. He made 2 fantastic plays to first ending 2 innings with the 3rd out ending threats of the opposing to to score.  

He also played 3rd base.  He overthrew to first on the last inning to make the opposing team tie the game with 1 run in with 2 outs. Easy play and the game would have been over and they would have won...  They eventually lost the game 8-7.  (we were the away team)  

He didnt feel too bad for losing.

He had fun.   His teammates were having fun.  It will be a great year for him, I think! 

• Agree 3

Seems BMW is now looking at a Luxury Truck. This concept is built on the BMW X7 converted to a truck.

BMW-X7-Pickup-Concept-1.jpgBMW-X7-Pickup-Concept-2.jpgBMW-X7-Pickup-Concept-3.jpgBMW-X7-Pickup-Concept-4.jpg

Then you have the custom house making their version off a X7 model.

bmw-x7-m50i-pickup-truck-rendering-1.jpgbmw-x7-m50i-pickup-truck-rendering-2.jpg

I would still hate the big ugly kidney grill, but this is way better than the badge engineering MB thought of doing with the Mitsubishi truck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Slowest Selling Vehicles.JPG

Although I like several vehicles on the list, including the CT5 and GTI, no surprises here. 

My wife on our hike in Washington, approaching carbon glacier on Mount Rainer.

No description available.

My grey cat Smokey, chillin...

My wife, we were hiking near Moonville tunnel again...

My friend Dustin and I working on an Oliver 217 30 inch bandsaw

• Agree 1

By Emiliano Archival, fantastic turning...

No photo description available.

Crossing a bridge on a rural Washington hike, we are back in Columbus now. 

Not mine, restored Delta bandsaw. Huge fan of the art deco look with Delta. 

For sale FB marketplace, this just has the look

May be an image of car and road

May be an image of car, road and text that says 'D NEBRASKA 9-A7925 2017 17'

May be an image of car

No photo description available.

May be an image of car and road

May be a closeup of car and text that says 'FUEL'

May be a closeup

May be an image of car

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Although I like several vehicles on the list, including the CT5 and GTI, no surprises here. 

A few were surprising though. The EcoSport is clearly a POS if they can't sell their cheapest vehicle fairly quick. The Fusion also surprises because it's cancelled and I would have assumed there was cash on the hoods to move them so they didn't have old product on the lots. I would have thought the XT4 was moving a little quicker as well. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

A few were surprising though. The EcoSport is clearly a POS if they can't sell their cheapest vehicle fairly quick. The Fusion also surprises because it's cancelled and I would have assumed there was cash on the hoods to move them so they didn't have old product on the lots. I would have thought the XT4 was moving a little quicker as well. 

Here is my rub with Ford, when they are good, theya re very good. some of their marginal productofferings are...marginal. They need to do what they are good at and forget about the rest. A high school baketball star isn't necessarily more rounded by joining the chess club, nor is a chess prodigy better off hitting the hoops. 

Fusion had enormous potential had sedans been more profitable and had Ford been willing to invest in it and update the design, two huge what ifs. 

In Washington state, not my pic. From All Trails. Hiking up to Camp Muir. My new fitness goal is to be in shape to do the whole trip next time I am in Washington state. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Well, I can see the the Fusion and Journey are discontinued, along with the Spark. The Caddies actually could use some cash on the hood, as they are still overpriced for what they are. The Ecosport and Trax just prove folks want the bigger stuff to drive around in. (Though we like our Trax) The others are sedans, and the Compass is simply played out, and overpriced for what it is a well.

Will be curious to see what else ends up on that list….

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 6/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, David said:

I would still hate the big ugly kidney grill, but this is way better than the badge engineering MB thought of doing with the Mitsubishi truck.

It's a piece of CRAP. Pickup drivers are outright laughing at a dirt bike hanging 1/3rd out of the bed like that. Ridiculous. 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

On 6/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, balthazar said:

Typical toyoter grotesqueness. And as the first redesign in like 17 years, expect a fresh, heavy round of engineering deficiencies and regular recalls.

Interestingly enough, just visited the west coast. Tons of older Chevy's Fords, etc. from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's on the road. Wasn't till my last day IN Tacoma that I saw an older gen Tacoma. 

2 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Boy is it raining now…..

We are baking in Seattle, hottest temps I can ever remember and I am a native. Seattle is supposed to hit 113 on Monday. :( 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Very cool that the Bronco is finally showing up for customers.

Ford Broncos Are Showing Up at Buyers’ Doors (msn.com)

Seems this is Jeeps answer to the Ford Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon is an extra-hardcore off-roader (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, David said:

Very cool that the Bronco is finally showing up for customers.

Ford Broncos Are Showing Up at Buyers’ Doors (msn.com)

Seems this is Jeeps answer to the Ford Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon is an extra-hardcore off-roader (msn.com)

Actually seeing a few on the roads around here….quite cool!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 6/26/2021 at 10:56 PM, David said:

We are baking in Seattle, hottest temps I can ever remember and I am a native. Seattle is supposed to hit 113 on Monday. :( 

Just Updated the weather with heat advisory through Tuesday, Wednesday we cool off into the low 90's, still way to hot for this time of year.

Seattle is now supposed to hit 115 tomorrow, Monday. At my house and for Mountlake Terrace, we were 104. Records everywhere. Heat stroke, etc.

@A Horse With No Name Hope your son is doing ok, the heat in his area was crazy also this weekend.

WIshing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Robert Hall

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Cameo

• Agree 2

May be an image of text that says 'IGNORING RED FLAGS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE THE GOOD IN PEOPLE WILL COST YOU LATER. theopeninvite'

22 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Actually seeing a few on the roads around here….quite cool!

Waiting to see my First one in the wild...

Happy Birthday Robert Hall!

On 6/27/2021 at 1:56 AM, David said:

Yeah, sounds crappy. 

Good advice... for anyone actually...

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'ST. FU Patron saint of silence.'

May be an image of text that says 'NEWS Kenyan Official: Homosexual Lions Learned It From "Copying" Gay Tourists AngryAussie @angryaussie Personally say hats off to the gay tourists who were willing to fuck in front of lions.'

• Haha 2

On 6/26/2021 at 9:57 PM, daves87rs said:

Boy is it raining now…..

We got a ton of rain this past weekend. I think ~4 inches. 

On 6/27/2021 at 8:23 AM, David said:

2021 Garden Update, just completed the harvest before the heat hit and was able to harvest 242 bulbs of garlic. I have 7 different types. Garden and corn over all doing well. Off to water.

20210624_104217.jpg20210624_155417.jpg20210624_155406.jpg20210624_155331.jpg20210624_155353.jpg20210624_194110.jpg20210624_185517.jpg20210624_160151.jpg20210624_160208.jpg20210624_160218.jpg20210624_160231.jpg20210624_160241.jpg20210624_163451.jpg20210624_195216.jpg20210624_201125.jpg20210624_201114.jpg20210624_201200.jpg20210624_201136.jpg20210624_155543.jpg20210624_111210.jpg

20210624_155431.jpg

20210624_194131.jpg

20210624_194819.jpg

NIIIIIIICE! I LOVE me some garlic and would love this. 

When we get further along with out home, I'd love a little garden with the common things we use plenty of like bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic and onions. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, David said:

Just Updated the weather with heat advisory through Tuesday, Wednesday we cool off into the low 90's, still way to hot for this time of year.

Seattle is now supposed to hit 115 tomorrow, Monday. At my house and for Mountlake Terrace, we were 104. Records everywhere. Heat stroke, etc.

@A Horse With No Name Hope your son is doing ok, the heat in his area was crazy also this weekend.

WIshing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Robert Hall

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Cameo

We got nasty heat about two weeks ago where we had highs of like 105 for a couple days and the days leading up to that and following in the high 90's. It was brutal and I got a handful of patches of my tall fescue grass that went dormant(looks dead) that I'm quite bummed about but I wasn't about to try and water enough to keep those spots green.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '"You believe that all humanity came from Adam and Eve, and humans have not evolved at at all since. So tell me; between the two of them, which was black, which was white, and which was Asian?" Richard Dawkins'

Feeling in a snarky mood this morning...

Yes, I always have to question that same thought line since we also have Craisian (Caucasion / Asian) and Blasian ( Black / Asian) plus we cannot forget which one was Arab, Mediterranean, or how about Persian? So yes, how do we defend that all humanity came from Adam and Eve, supposedly two white people and yet have so many different AMAZING MULTI-CULTURAL Heritage areas in the world?

Same Logic can be applied to our Automobiles, amazing how Woman and Men from various heritage backgrounds see things?

Ford Flex, @surreal1272 which owns one, I rented a new one in Kuai a number of years ago when they first came out knows how awesome the Flex is and what many do not realize, the Flex was a solid FEMALE ENGINEERING TEAM! The cool stuff that is on all the Fords now, started with the Flex such as the gas filler lid that has the built in vacume seal. Woman do not like touching dirty gas caps and asked why do we need it if we create a suction on the lid that has a proper built in seal?

Ford Flex Gas Lid

image.png

Awesome Engineering

Then we have reports like this that Jeep needs to be worried as the Full Size Bronco kills the Wrangler.

The Ford Bronco is finally here and Jeep should be worried - CNN

image.png

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

The world had gone label mad.

More than just label mad. Hiking, woodworking and Music are my refuge. Will be borrowing the skills you are using on the B-59 to build a post apocalypse vehicle for personal use....should resemble something out of the mad max movie. 

This looks like too much fun...

image.png

Looks like it might be cactus grey, hard to tell with it being a bit overcast. 

Today's non political political post...

May be an image of text that says 'MY DOG WHEN HE'S EATING DON'T E న MY DOG WHEN I'M EATING'

Truth for Monday...

May be an image of text that says 'WELL PLAYED, BOOKSTORE, WELL PLAYED. Mystery'

Maybe I would rather drive...

May be an image of airplane, outdoors and text that says 'Not sure about going on this plane... oH- OH-WTF'

On 6/26/2021 at 10:57 PM, daves87rs said:

Boy is it raining now…..

We need rain here in Columbus, grass is starting to turn brown just a bit...

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1