Random Thoughts Thread

A trivia item:

The average collegiate GPA is 3.15.  (I had always assumed it was around 2.8.)

An opinion:

If a coffeehouse does not have the interior of its store open, I won't be a (drive-through) customer.

• Agree 1

Very cool, seems the tug boats of the world are going pure electric too.

Seems even while Musk is before the courts over the law suites over solar city purchase, Tesla Solar just released the largest panel yet at 420 watts. I could cover my whole roof and power my house with no power from the county. I am liking where we are going with solar.

Tesla launches new 420-watt solar panel, setting 'high' mark - Electrek

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

800px-Olympic_Airways_Boeing_747-200B_SX

I miss not having Olympic as an option to cross the pond with.

Beautiful bird!

May be an image of text that says 'cassy @CassyGoble when i lost my ex at a party ifound him hooking up with another girl in the next room last night lost my boyfriend at a party and found him alone eating buffalo chicken dip straight out of the crock pot upgrades'

Bronco, LOVE this shot!

May be an image of outdoors

No one else...

May be an image of 3 people and text

More Bronco...

May be an image of car, outdoors and text

• Thanks 1

Seems the Chip shortage has hit Stellantis, while many of their plants in Europe and the Asian rim are going offline for the next month to month and half causing short term layoffs or furloughs, America had avoided this till now. The Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango plant was scheduled to be offline for 1 week for maintenance and changes for the model year, but will now shutdown from July 11th to August 9th due to chip / part shortages.

Detroit SUV plant among Stellantis factories halting production – De.Yuan (deyuan.enterprises)

Europe has decided on two dates to be voted on this week. Either 2035 or 2040 for a ban on ALL ICE auto's across Europe and to open the discussion on when to phase out ICE medium and heavy duty auto's to move to pure BEV.

EU set to call time on combustion engine within two decades | Reuters

gm has committed $71 million to build a new design studio for future tech in Pasadena California close to the worlds best design studios/schools. This will allow them to recruit and have the best for the future of auto design.

GM to invest $71 mln for new design and tech campus in California | Reuters

First Vietnam auto company has opened offices in California with slated new car sales locations to follow.

Vietnam's VinFast starts operations in North America and Europe | Reuters

• Thanks 1

More interesting reads:

Like this about the various types of rims.

What Are the Pros and Cons of Different Wheel Materials? | The Drive

OUCH, this could hurt ford in the reputation department and clearly end the making of track ready auto's.

Judge OKs Ford Mustang Class Action Suit Over Track Performance (thedrive.com)

Proof of just another reason to NOT BUY A NEW AUTO right now. Chip shortage has GM much like other auto companies to cut out basic features that have been in place to keep production going. Makes a used one very important to the buyer to pay attention if they want missing said features.

GM Drops Wireless Charging From 2021 Tahoe, Yukon SUVs Over Chip Shortage (thedrive.com)

Tesla Supercharging network getting upgraded to 300kWh charging to reduce charge times.

Elon Musk: Tesla is upgrading Supercharger network to 300 kW faster charging - Electrek

• Agree 1

Seems Ford is really working to get people to attend the Chicago Auto Show. They have a major press release as to the reasons to attend.

They also are working with a company to build a real world version of the F150 Rocket League truck.

FORD Lists 5 reasons to attend the auto show this year.

Five Reasons Why You Must Visit Ford at the Chicago Auto Show | Ford Media Center

I am sure people will love the Bronco Obstacle course.

image.png

• Agree 1

Blech.
- - - - -

This is my wife's older cousin in her family's '39 Dodge. Story as related by her younger brother goes... When she was about 6 yrs old, they were riding down a local road about 25 MPH, and she opened the door and fell out onto the road. Her parents stopped, picked her up, put her back in the car and continued on to grandmother's house. 

Miller Darlene 1946.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

Blech.
- - - - -

This is my wife's older cousin in her family's '39 Dodge. Story as related by her younger brother goes... When she was about 6 yrs old, they were riding down a local road about 25 MPH, and she opened the door and fell out onto the road. Her parents stopped, picked her up, put her back in the car and continued on to grandmother's house. 

Miller Darlene 1946.png

So then does that explain all her 🤔 craziness? 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, regfootball said:

Found this at my Moms. My dad in his Corvair. At least I thinks it’s Corvair?

BB8CD693-B985-459D-85B3-2FDB2E6ECB65.jpeg

Is that him Smoking?

On 7/17/2021 at 10:50 PM, balthazar said:

A '68-72 Impala Craft Avenger. About 10-ft long. Super rare, only about 16-20 known to exist. This would make that 17-21. For sale soon. 

IMG_3735.jpg

I wonder how much rare stuff is just lost to history...tons probably. A female friend of mine lost her mother...parents were art collectors. Her brother started a large bonfire and was about to "burn all of that junk mom and dad collected for decades...." before she stopped him. 

If landfills could only talk. 

Neat looking boat though....would be fantastic restored. 

From the Local FB marketplace...

May be an image of 1 person and car

May be an image of car and road

It's actually in Kansas, but aI always liked these as a kid...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/columbus/?ref=notif&hoisted_items=723757951726107

• Like 2

Two quick random thoughts:

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen the Lauren Landry on Purdue Global (presumably their on-line degree venue) streaming banner ad in a little box somewhere on my browser while on C&G.

If I have two 12-packs of LaCroix flavored water in the fridge and it has been taking months to work that "inventory" down, it must mean that I don't like LaCroix flavored water as much as I could / should.

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Two quick random thoughts:

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen the Lauren Landry on Purdue Global (presumably their on-line degree venue) streaming banner ad in a little box somewhere on my browser while on C&G.

If I have two 12-packs of LaCroix flavored water in the fridge and it has been taking months to work that "inventory" down, it must mean that I don't like LaCroix flavored water as much as I could / should.

Beer takes me forever to drink at home. Does not mean I don't like it, I just keep it for special occasions. 

• Agree 1

The market took quite a dip today - hopefully transitory - but there is some good news today:  Canada will be opening its border to FULLY VACCINATED Americans on August 9th of this year.  (I knew I did something right.)  

630x355.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Seems in September at the Munich auto show, Mercedes-Benz will show off their EQG, the electric version of the G-Wagon. Yet according to this story, it seems it will be a Hybrid not a pure EV. As such, it will be interesting to see what motor they have in it as the dual electric motors are supposed to deliver 500 HP.

Electric Mercedes G-Class Could Come To IAA Munich As EQG Concept (motor1.com)

• Agree 1