Random Thoughts Thread

God, I love potato bread ... and potato buns for hamburgers and hot dogs.

The problem is that I will snack on these buns late at night, so that I don't have enough for the hamburgers and hot dogs on hand.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

God, I love potato bread ... and potato buns for hamburgers and hot dogs.

The problem is that I will snack on these buns late at night, so that I don't have enough for the hamburgers and hot dogs on hand.

I agree that Potato Buns are Da Bomb. Especially if you put butter on them and grill them so they are buttery/crunchy.

I also have gotten hooked on Brioche Buns too lately.

Best way for Hotdog is to get uncut buns, then from the top, do a V cut into the bun and hollow out the inner bun so it holds the hotdog and all the toppings.

Love BBQing :P 

• Like 1

Over the 4th of July a ton of green house gas got released due to two major fires in the sea. Mexico state owned oil company had a major gas leak that makes the sea look like it is on fire.

Then you have a major gas explosion in the Caspian sea. 

This one Umid gas says is a mud volcano that erupts when too much gas pressure is in the ground around their wells and so you have this from time to time.

According to government statistics, seems we average over 100 fires in the sea yearly causing harm to the eco system.

The sea caught fire this weekend, so maybe it’s time to stop drilling oil (electrek.co)

• Agree 1

On 7/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, balthazar said:

^ While I get what you're saying..., Big Gov't Knows Whats Best For You. 😉

...and the church...and my mother....and my three daughters....

Bronco caught in the wild, in White, badlands edition. 

May be an image of outdoors

No photo description available.

By Sam Cheeseman in one of my facebook wood turning groups. A work of art!

By Peter Auberhofer, this has good form. 

No photo description available.

• Like 1

This is funny as eff...

May be an image of map

B-59 in this vintage car pic in the back ground...for Balthazr...

May be an image of 1 person, standing and car

I find the early 70's Chargers and other 71-74 Mopars to be awesome...love this vintage Nascar pic. 

May be an image of 1 person, standing, car and outdoors

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of map

I like the photos of the woodworking you posted, but I especially like this! ^

This map is pretty much spot on.  Which makes me hate people who b!tch about stereotyping all the more.  

Where it says "farms" in the middle, it should also say "looks like Kansas."  Driving up and down the Central Valley can be so flat and treeless that it reminds me of I-70 smack in the middle of the country.

Kevin McCarthy may very well be the ONLY alum of Cal State Bakersfield that people can name.

Where it says "palm trees" near Palm Springs, also add "heaven's waiting room."

Right above "wine," add "meth" again ... to describe Lake County, right above Napa County, where the social ills barometer runs very high and has law enforcement and social services agencies spread thin.

In and around Sacramento, add "bureaucrats" - many of them - who are paid too much for not enough work and sticking to their smoke breaks.

To "sea otters," add "great white sharks" ... that snack on them and occasionally try to do the same with a surfer or two.

- - - - -

I love these sorts of maps.  There was one for the city of Vancouver (Canada) that stereotyped all its neighborhoods and was also funny and spot on.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 3

2 thoughts

1. I want to poo poo on Tampa Bay's parade.  But I simply cannot do that.  2 in a row!  Back2Back!  

Good on the Lightning!  AWESOME PERFORMANCE...AGAIN!   Except 18 million over the cap will forever remain in my thoughts and I will ALWAYS place an asterisk on this Stanley Cup victory even if nobody else might not...

2. I wonder why one becomes a TV evangelist and how could I become one...

Seems to be like a fun career!  Lucrative too!  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

On 7/8/2021 at 9:28 AM, ccap41 said:

Got some weeds in your grass there, bud. 

OldsHurst wants to become a TV evanglist because it is lucratiuve, but the Weed/Grass thing is probably the biggest cash crop here in Ohio and Indiana. We now know how he is going to afford restoring that B-59...

21 hours ago, David said:

Interesting news on German auto companies and diesel gate. More fines for colluding. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/business/eu-commission-fines-german-carmakers/index.html

It will never end...

May be an image of text that says 'STARTING A FIGHT "YOU WANNA "YOU WANT GO YOUR OUTSIDE?" MOMMY?" "HEY BUDDY" CONSOLING A CHILD PETTING ADOG "SH, IT'S OKAY"'

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

OldsHurst wants to become a TV evanglist because it is lucratiuve

One of MANY reasons.

1. Do as I say, not as I do!

2. Im on TV

3. I get to 'heal' many folk in the name of God.

4. All for a fee, of course!

5. Ill be ordained therefore I get a free pass to heaven

6. I get to 'influence' many into doing things that I want them to do!

7. Ill have my very own singers and dancers dancing and singing in the background.  

Like I said, sounds like fun!

(and lucrative)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@daves87rs

As soon as I read your post, tears are coming out.  

I am so sorry to hear this.  My sincerest condolences.  May I offer my sympathies to you and your family on your loss.  May you find the peace and comfort you seek and let the memory of your wife guide you forever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have posted this before...

E6IX0kEWQAI7Iac.jpeg?w=1000&h=475&crop=1

Then Stanley Cup is truly awesome!

The league that presents it and awards it to the winners are truly awesome!

The players that celebrate their victory with it, are truly awesome!

The whole culture around the Stanley Cup is truly awesome! 

In some leagues...they get their panties in a twist...

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/daughter-of-super-bowl-trophy-craftsman-wants-tom-brady-to-apologize-for-throwing-it/2383345/

Meanwhile the NHL...

"Yeah...the Cup has been damaged. No worries, it will be sent back to Montreal for repairs and it will return shortly to resume celebrations.  Let it be know, this is nothing new for the Cup as it has a history of it being dented, lost forgotten etc. Not the first time, not the last time."

https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/hockey/stanley-cup-bent-damage-history/67-a397c8cf-8336-4ba3-b202-3bef462fdde4

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/7/13/22575399/lightning-dent-stanley-cup-tampa-boat-parade

“All good, going in for a tuneup,” Cup Keeper Phil Pritchard of the Hockey Hall of Fame said.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2