looks a lot like the tahoe, burb, and avalanche

the hood seems to stand a little taller to me...

also it seems a little wider then the tahoe...

but then again this is the 3/4 ton chassis, hence the 8 lugs...

so perhaps the 1/2 ton will share a little narrower stance as the tahoe...

Edited by Newbiewar

It looks good to me, and I'm also glad to see some styling cues from the '73-'87 model trucks. I mean obviously those trucks and that body style was popular or GM wouldn't have kept it around for 14 years and there wouldn't be so many of them still on the road (hence GM trucks ARE the longest lasting, most dependable trucks on the road). It'll be interesting to see the truck without the camo, although I can already say that I'm likin' what I see.

I hope I like it. I'm not a big fan of these huge looking beds like the F-150. I like the beds they have now, but maybe a little bigger.

Just saw the rear pic and the bed doesn't look as huge as the F-150, looks good!

Edited by chevyman62

It looks good to me, and I'm also glad to see some styling cues from the '73-'87 model trucks.  I mean obviously those trucks and that body style was popular or GM wouldn't have kept it around for 14 years and there wouldn't be so many of them still on the road (hence GM trucks ARE the longest lasting, most dependable trucks on the road).  It'll be interesting to see the truck without the camo, although I can already say that I'm likin' what I see.

As long as the side saddle tank doesn't get hit...

but yea, proportionally, those looked great. And it seems the new proportions are really similar to those.

Agreed... they're all getting too pseudo-macho... Tundra, Titan, Ram, etc.

Ditto. This style of truck design is very irritating to someone like myself who just appreciates a clean, simple pickup. The Silverado/Sierra have been keeping themselves in check. I hope they continue. If I ever own one, I don't want to be embarassed by driving a rolling characiture of my shortcomings.

I love seeing Dodge Rams with huge wheels (some 20's), big bull bars, decked out with 3rd party chrome addons, huge sound system blasting some terrible rap-crap (you know, all that look at me macho stuff)... and when the hood gets opened up, it's the 3.7 litre Magnum V6 which I can easily mop the floor with my subdued, conservatively styled diesel Sierra that has 15 inch steels and no "glitter."...

... Oh, and my meager sound system does not play rap crap, but instead David Lee Roth's "Eat 'em and Smile" 8)

Point being? Keep it conservative GM. It's what's under the hood that really counts. Don't give in to the faux macho look. If people want to show off, they buy a Dodge. If they want a truck, they'll buy a GM/Chevy

Not liking the rumored return of the stone old 4.3 liter V6, unless of course GM gives it the same updates as the 4.8 and 5.3 with around 230-240 hp. And why is the 2WD 5.3 rated at the new 320 hp, 340 torque rating and the 4 wheel drive version has the old alloy 5.3 numbers from 2005 of 310, 335? These 5.3 numbers are down drastically from what we first heard they were gonna make.

Agreed.  I don't think the Ford suffers from this either, but the Ram, Tundra, and Titan all look like they are trying too hard, with the Titan looking particularly cheesy about it.

Maybe not the F150, but the Super Duty definitely has the macho thing going on..massive grille, general hugeness ...

Maybe not the F150, but the Super Duty definitely has the macho thing going on..massive grille, general hugeness ...

The Superduty however for a long time has had that look. Its lately that a lot of other trucks have been trying to copy it. Low fender lines with a big tall hood. Ala small 18 wheeler look as I've always thought of it.

The Nissan Titan so far is the most ridiculous looking of the fullsizes so far. Its the got a rear end that trys to look Dodge and a front end that looks like it tried to blend the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge front end all into one mold. At least, thats how I see it.

The Superduty however for a long time has had that look. Its lately that a lot of other trucks have been trying to copy it. Low fender lines with a big tall hood. Ala small 18 wheeler look as I've always thought of it.

True 'nuff..the Super Duty (since it's '99 introduction) kind of followed on to the mini-big rig look the Ram started in '94.

Agreed on the Titan...that is one wierd looking truck. The front doors and cab-forward style A-pillars in particular make it mis-proportioned and disjointed, IMHO...

With the exception of the slightly cheesy Dodge RAM most trucks

today look very feminine and soft.... trucks are supposed to be

masculine and tough, not like some Japanese Delivery van. My

favorite truck right now is the Silverado. Durrability, quality & it

has the angry styling that a proper truck should. The Nissan Titan

is a great looking truck and is innovative but I'd never choose it

over a Silverado. The GMC Sierra is just too rounded and car

like in its non Denali skin.

Exactly, the Silverado and Sierra trucks have kept the best styling in my mind, everyone else has gone to the bigger-is-better look for trucks and now its starting to look goofy....btw Croc, don't remind me about the side saddle tank deal...I like my 76 and I see no reason to move the tank inside the frame, espeically since I've reinforced the body through those areas.