William Maley

Nissan News: Nissan Boosts Production Of Rogue, Adding Two New Models

The Nissan Rogue crossover is proving to be a very popular vehicle for the brand. Through the first half of the year, Nissan has moved 135,397 Rogues - making this the second best-selling model behind the Altima. According to Automotive News, Nissan will be tapping its Kyushu, Japan factory to produce an extra 100,000 Rogues starting next year. This will help give Nissan the ability to sell 300,000 Rogues.

Automotive News also reports that the company will be introducing two new variants of the Rogue in the future. According to two sources, Nissan will launch a hybrid Rogue next year. Following this will be the smaller Qashqai crossover. Based on the Rogue's platform, the Qashqai is about 10 inches shorter and two inches narrower. This is expected to be the replacement for the Rogue Select, which is the last-generation Rogue.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article

The current Rogue does look sort of big, looks more midsize than small anyway.  So I can see need for a smaller one because of the CX-3, HRV, Trax, etc.

I could see a Sport and a Nisimo Models being added.

The current Rogue does look sort of big, looks more midsize than small anyway.  So I can see need for a smaller one because of the CX-3, HRV, Trax, etc.

My neighbor just bought a loaded one and I mistook it for a Pathfinder at first

The old Rogue was pretty small, I was behind a new one the other day and it seemed like a midsize, it just looked big. 

They need something that is more sane than the Juke in the tiny CUV class.  Cashcow is an odd name for it though.

Reg  :AH-HA:

Edited by ocnblu
  • Upvote 1

anything that takes sales from the crap crv is fine with me.  and yes, i would never juke but this littler rogue i might check it out

From behind the new Rogue looks a lot like the Escape to me..I keep confusing them.   One of my coworkers bought a new Murano a couple weeks ago, ridden in it a couple of times..seems spacious inside.

I like the Rogue. I blends kind of with the CR-v and Rav4 for being just a comfy runabout, but it's styling is solid and its a decent product. I like it a lot.

It is fairly decent looking for its class, but the QR25DE engine is not exactly great (maybe the hybrid will actually be an upgrade in more than just fuel economy).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      When Ford introduced the GT, they made it very clear it would be a limited run affair. 500 models would be built over the course of two years. Then the company expanded the amount to 1,000 vehicles that would be built over four years. Now, Ford has expanded the pool of GTs again.
      An additional 350 GTs will be built, bringing the grand total to 1,350. This also means a longer production run. Previously, Ford was going to wrap up production in 2020, but has pushed it back to 2022. If you were one of the many people who applied for a GT and didn't get one, Ford will be opening the application process one more time beginning on November 8th and have it running for 30 days. Prospective owners will find out if they got the approval early next year.
      “By extending the Ford GT production run for a limited period, we’re able to maintain the exclusivity of the ultra-desirable supercar while offering the ownership experience to a greater number of customers,” said Hermann Salenbauch, Ford Performance director.
      Somehow, we doubt many Ford GT owners will have the same view.
      Source: Ford

Ford Increasing GT Production To Make Ownership Dreams A Reality For 350 More Supercar Fans
      Due to the popularity of Ford GT, Ford is raising the number of supercars it will build to 1,350 – up from 1,000; Ford GT production will run for a total of approximately six years Ford is re-opening the final owner application process for select global markets on Nov. 8; prospective owners can submit their applications at FordGT.com for 30 days  Previous applicants need to confirm or modify their original application to be considered in this final application window to own a Ford GT Dearborn, Mich., Oct. 18, 2018 – Ford Motor Company is increasing Ford GT production to 1,350 vehicles after more than 6,500 applicants raced to sign up for the original 1,000 cars allotted in 2016 – even before the car recaptured LeMans glory later that year.
      “The response to our Ford GT has been unprecedented, with initial demand outstripping supply by more than six-to-one,” said Hermann Salenbauch, Ford Performance director. “By extending the Ford GT production run for a limited period, we’re able to maintain the exclusivity of the ultra-desirable supercar while offering the ownership experience to a greater number of customers.”
      Ford is re-opening the application window to customers hoping to join the exclusive group of Ford GT owners starting Nov. 8 for select global markets. Prospective owners will be able to submit their applications for 30 days at FordGT.com.
      Successful applicants will work with the Ford GT Concierge Service for a personalized purchase experience of cars produced in the 2020 to 2022 calendar years.
      Production of the Ford GT – powered by a twin-turbocharged, 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine and featuring a carbon fiber architecture, active aerodynamics and 216 mph top speed – began in December 2016. 

View full article
    • By William Maley
      When Ford introduced the GT, they made it very clear it would be a limited run affair. 500 models would be built over the course of two years. Then the company expanded the amount to 1,000 vehicles that would be built over four years. Now, Ford has expanded the pool of GTs again.
      An additional 350 GTs will be built, bringing the grand total to 1,350. This also means a longer production run. Previously, Ford was going to wrap up production in 2020, but has pushed it back to 2022. If you were one of the many people who applied for a GT and didn't get one, Ford will be opening the application process one more time beginning on November 8th and have it running for 30 days. Prospective owners will find out if they got the approval early next year.
      “By extending the Ford GT production run for a limited period, we’re able to maintain the exclusivity of the ultra-desirable supercar while offering the ownership experience to a greater number of customers,” said Hermann Salenbauch, Ford Performance director.
      Somehow, we doubt many Ford GT owners will have the same view.
      Source: Ford

Ford Increasing GT Production To Make Ownership Dreams A Reality For 350 More Supercar Fans
      Due to the popularity of Ford GT, Ford is raising the number of supercars it will build to 1,350 – up from 1,000; Ford GT production will run for a total of approximately six years Ford is re-opening the final owner application process for select global markets on Nov. 8; prospective owners can submit their applications at FordGT.com for 30 days  Previous applicants need to confirm or modify their original application to be considered in this final application window to own a Ford GT Dearborn, Mich., Oct. 18, 2018 – Ford Motor Company is increasing Ford GT production to 1,350 vehicles after more than 6,500 applicants raced to sign up for the original 1,000 cars allotted in 2016 – even before the car recaptured LeMans glory later that year.
      “The response to our Ford GT has been unprecedented, with initial demand outstripping supply by more than six-to-one,” said Hermann Salenbauch, Ford Performance director. “By extending the Ford GT production run for a limited period, we’re able to maintain the exclusivity of the ultra-desirable supercar while offering the ownership experience to a greater number of customers.”
      Ford is re-opening the application window to customers hoping to join the exclusive group of Ford GT owners starting Nov. 8 for select global markets. Prospective owners will be able to submit their applications for 30 days at FordGT.com.
      Successful applicants will work with the Ford GT Concierge Service for a personalized purchase experience of cars produced in the 2020 to 2022 calendar years.
      Production of the Ford GT – powered by a twin-turbocharged, 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine and featuring a carbon fiber architecture, active aerodynamics and 216 mph top speed – began in December 2016. 
    • By dfelt
      According to Cars Direct who got access to the ordering guide, Nissan dealers can now order up the Nissan Leaf with the 60 kWh battery pack. The long range EV go into production in January 2019 with Spring 2019 delivery. It now appears that the Leaf will hit the same price as the Chevy Bolt with the top of the line Leaf SL costing $42,500 compared to the fully loaded Bolt at $41,780. Differences is that the Leaf has a 225 mile EPA range where the Bolt is certified at 238 miles. 
      According to Push EV who says they got their hands on slides and other information on the 60 kWh battery will come with a 160 kW motor replacing the 110 kW motor that comes with the 40 kWh battery. Nissan also has added 100 kW DC fast charging along with 11-22 kW internal charger power. Both of these are upgraded from the current 6,6 kW internal charger power and 50 kW DC fast charging for the 40 kW battery EV. The last piece of info is that Nissan with the new battery pack drops their lack of thermal mgmt. based on using air for a liquid thermal mgmt. system on the new battery pack which is supplied by LG Chemical rather than AESC the provider of the 40 kW battery pack which was owned by Nissan and sold summer 2018 to LG Chem.
      Either way there is now 2 alternatives to a Tesla 3 and Nissan and Chevrolet still has their Federal rebate where Tesla is out it seems as of the end of October.
      The next question for Nissan that fans have been asking is when is the Nismo version going on sale now that they have their new 60 kWh battery?

Cars Direct Story
      Push EV Story
  • My Clubs