William Maley

Bentley News: Bentley Considers What New Vehicle They Should Do To Celebrate 100 Years

2019 will mark 100 years of Bentley and the automaker is considering doing something special for the occasion.

“Our centenary would be a good time to create a new limited series car,” said Bentley CEO Wolfgang Dürheimer.

There are a number of ideas being considered, including a hypercar.

“That project will be investigated intensively in Crewe within the next month. The question is, do we build the standard car you would expect in that segment? Or do we go with lots of carbon fibre and lightweight components? Now that would be a car we could take to the big guns,” said Dürheimer.

Now Bentley has floated the idea of a supercar before. Back in 1999, the company revealed the Hunaudières Concept which packed an 8L W16 engine capable of hitting 350 KPH (about 217 MPH).

Source: Top Gear

View full article

Bentley version of the upcoming Bugatti Chiron.  Or if they don't want to make a hyper car, then a quadturbo W16  Mulsanne with 1,200 hp would work.  It would perform well on the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans.

I'm not sure what they should do. Maybe nothing but keep on doing what they're doing. Or that Speed 6 concept. That was pretty cool.

Nah...that Speed 6 looks like a bloated Aston Martin.

Im not sure what they should do either...the only thing that comes to mind is something that very few manufactures have done...Toyota has...is to re-release an old model and offer modern suspension and  ABS brakes  and airbags...ie...modern safety equipment,,,and resell it to the public with limited numbers.

Toyota did that with their Land Cruiser 70.

I propose they re-manufacture a classic from their past.

I dont know...a Bentley Blower from the late 1920s-1930s perhaps...

201501020620586f0.jpg

maybe that proposal is tooooo much car enthusiasm for the average billionaire?

I dont know...if I was a billionaire...Id be more inclined to show off with something vintage...modern...but vintage than a Mulsanne...but that is just me...Im quirky that way...

Id rather you call me  a connaisseur...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Since last August, we have been calling Jeep's upcoming Wrangler pickup the Scrambler. But a new report says that the name of the truck will be Gladiator.
      The Jeep Scrambler Forum obtained a screenshot of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' media site titled “2020 Jeep Gladiator.” Reportedly, this page included mentions of the Sport, Overland, and Rubicon trims. The page has since been deleted. A source told the forum, “I actually went to the media site and saw the page. I saw it on my iPhone browser and on Google Chrome.” 
      A Jeep spokesman declined to comment when asked by Automobile.
      While most people will know the Gladiator name from the 2005 concept shown at the Detroit Auto Show, the Gladiator name was used on Jeep trucks from the 1960's.
      We'll find out if Gladiator, Scrambler, or something else appears on the truck at the LA Auto Show on November 28th.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Since last August, we have been calling Jeep's upcoming Wrangler pickup the Scrambler. But a new report says that the name of the truck will be Gladiator.
      The Jeep Scrambler Forum obtained a screenshot of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' media site titled “2020 Jeep Gladiator.” Reportedly, this page included mentions of the Sport, Overland, and Rubicon trims. The page has since been deleted. A source told the forum, “I actually went to the media site and saw the page. I saw it on my iPhone browser and on Google Chrome.” 
      A Jeep spokesman declined to comment when asked by Automobile.
      While most people will know the Gladiator name from the 2005 concept shown at the Detroit Auto Show, the Gladiator name was used on Jeep trucks from the 1960's.
      We'll find out if Gladiator, Scrambler, or something else appears on the truck at the LA Auto Show on November 28th.
    • By William Maley
      Audi unveiled a four-door TT concept called the Sportback at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. Taking the overall sleek shape of the coupe, designers stretched the overall length and width to allow for two extra doors and a larger back seat. A new report from Auto Express says the four-door TT is coming and will take the place of the coupe and convertible within the next two years.
      The reason for the departure of the TT coupe and convertible is due to the diesel emission scandal. Due to the various penalties and fines, the Volkswagen group had to cancel a number of models and projects to save money. The next-generation TT coupe and convertible were likely on the chopping block due to low sales as buyers aren't interested in small sport cars. But Audi was somehow able to make a case to keep the TT as four-door 'coupe'. Auto Express says the design has been approved by management.
      The report doesn't say where the model will fit into Audi's lineup, but we suspect it will be priced slightly higher than the A3 sedan.
  • My Clubs