Would You Rather a 2002 Ford Thunderbird or a 200? Alpha Romeo Spider?

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Rather a 2002 Ford Thunderbird or a 200? Alpha Romeo spider

• Ford Thunderbird
    • Alpha Romeo Spider

This is a combination of CheersandGears monthly car spotter threads and Would You Rather threads.

Ive come to realize that lately in Montreal, in the summer,  interesting cars appear. This was not the case even 5 years ago...but Ill take it now....

Usually, the interesting cars are seen by me on the same day or 24 hours later, and usually, these cars are somewhat similar in some peculiar way. I like to pair them up and start a conversation.

These are past sightings. A sample of three from Motor Trend Forums for some of you to see what kind of bizarre thoughts I have....

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/9633577/the-general-forum/would-you-rather-an-e30-m3-from-bmw-or-a-69-trans/index.html

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/9641815/the-general-forum/would-you-rather-a-jaguar-xj-s-buick-riviera-or-a/index.html

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/9739103/the-general-forum/would-you-rather-a-73-olds-delta-88-or-a-03-merced/index.html

Anyhoo, the past 48-60 hours have not been any different.

It has been very nice spring weather in Montreal these last few days.  680 F

Usually, I have a story behind the sightings, but not this time.

Straight up sighting a couple of days ago.  I got off of work and in the parking lot was this beautiful red 2002 Ford Thunderbird. Mint condition.  Looked exactly like this one here.

Top down. Ready to cruise.

2004_ford_thunderbird_convertible_966353

Yesterday, as I was leaving Canadian Tire....I needed car wax to wax my cars...when this little sexy Italian car came out of nowhere.

Red. Top down, and the dude was already cruising with his wife. Older couple in their 60s. I did not get a chance to wave or thumbs up or nothing.

alfa0132.jpg?width=150?width=80

AlfaRomeoSpider2-550x419.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442

This is a very easy choice for me to make.

Although Ive seen the Alpha in Greece when I have visited in the past, and its a stunner for European roads and culture, Im more of an American car guy. And living in North America, Id rather cruise the streets of Montreal in the red Thunderbird. V8 music included, even though that particular V8 was docile.

However, keep in mind, that the Alpha Romeo Spider would look very much at home on Montreal streets.

Especially in  Old Montreal.

71c7c32f133739d051a3dba08fb1df19.jpg

102_365_apr11-1.jpg

86421681_f4841f7192_z.jpg?zz=1

But...the Thunderbird wins easily....

Ford-Thunderbird_Neiman_Marcus_2002_1024

Alfa by a landslide. Even if it didn't have that captivating body, the Thunderbird and LS were terribly unreliable cars.

Also, I don't think you're gonna get many hits. Based on the last few Dream Garage threads I did, nobody wants to partake in these.

Oh well, I tried. :nono:

Edited by Frisky Dingo

Both are pretty hideous in my opinion.. One is all round and bubbly and the other had lines and creases but no curves to accentuate the lines.

I can't find much on the Alfa but the Thunderbird does have a V8... Any V8 sounds better than anything that isn't a V8 and without knowing what the Alfa has..I'll go T-Bird. But man o man do I hate how roundy and bubbly they are.. such a feminine look to them. 

Is there a third choice because both are unreliable and one is just downright hideous (looking at you Alfa)?

No third choice.

These are it.

Take 'em or leave 'em.

Topless American woman during spring break or curvy (but not in this case) red headed Italian supermodel...

Man, I can't believe you guys aren't familiar with the Alfa GTV. They were designed by Pininfarina, and reviews speak well of them.

Hell, I'd take the Alfa just for this gorgeous engine-

en_259.jpg

Also, definitely, definitely not ugly-

imgp4365-1024x683-750x390.jpg

I gotta admit, I dont know too much about this car.

Its a stunner though. Looks great being seen or driven in next to a Mediterranean Boardwalk. 

Is there a third choice because both are unreliable and one is just downright hideous (looking at you Alfa)?

No third choice.

These are it.

Take 'em or leave 'em.

Topless American woman during spring break or curvy (but not in this case) red headed Italian supermodel...

Man, I can't believe you guys aren't familiar with the Alfa GTV. They were designed by Pininfarina, and reviews speak well of them.

Hell, I'd take the Alfa just for this gorgeous engine-

en_259.jpg

Also, definitely, definitely not ugly-

imgp4365-1024x683-750x390.jpg

I gotta admit, I dont know too much about this car.

Its a stunner though. Looks great being seen or driven in next to a Mediterranean Boardwalk. 

Red headed Italian girl??? I don't think that's a real thing. 

I know nothing about the Alfa but the coupe form looks 10X better than the 'vert. I'd take the coupe Alfa over the T-Bird and the 'vert Alfa but if it isn't allowed then I'll still roll around in the feminie T-Bird. But I'll cut all exhaust and make it obnoxious as F. 

Red headed Italian girl...and not existing?

I show you 2....

One is a curvy model....of 1950/1960s vintage...

Sex Symbol.

tumblr_n5s2h07uTl1rync6go1_500.png

OK...not a real redhead....

This model of 1980s vintage was a real redhead and a sex symbol as well...

maxresdefaulb3ca_600x0w.jpg

The name says it all....

You gotta work with me here, bro.... :)

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Agree w surreal; the alfa convert is awkward at best, not at all appealing. I get a VERY strong 

tumblr_m9dxl9zysm1re3dx3o1_500.gif

vibe when I look at it.

T-Bird isn't all that; I wanted to like them and here's a modern car with some 'back' for a change, but they just don't stir me. Even performance versions, like Saleen's.
I look at one and my mind tries to superimposed a '55 over what my eyes are seeing, and my brain gets depressed.

T-Bird without hesitation between these 2.

Edited by balthazar

"My brain gets depressed..."

LOL!!!

I like this model T-Bird.

Better than any other T-Bird from the 1970s and early 1980s in my opinion.

OK...Ill admit...this last T-Bird is no Adonis, but a million times better than the Disco Queen T-Birds.

Edited by oldshurst442