McLaren F1 or Non Supercar, What is YOUR Choice?

David

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

McLaren F1 or Non Supercar, What is YOUR Choice?

post-12-0-05317000-1469639266_thumb.jpg

Road & Track pen'd a story about eight non-supercars with more power than a McLaren F1. Given the fact that many pay crazy amounts of money for a limited production run auto that seems to have a limited HP in relation to OEM production runs of normal models, one must ask:

Is a Supercar that Super anymore?

Here is the list of the 8 cars R&T have listed that they think is way better than a McLaren F1. Listed Low to High in the HP rating.

Bentley Continental GT 633HP

post-12-0-57601800-1469638944_thumb.jpg

Chevy Corvette ZR1 638HP

post-12-0-12459100-1469638948_thumb.jpg

Cadillac CTS-V 640HP

post-12-0-38117100-1469638945_thumb.jpg

Chevy Camaro 640HP

post-12-0-25499600-1469638946_thumb.jpg

Dodge Viper 645HP

post-12-0-96556300-1469638948_thumb.jpg

Chevy Corvette Z06 650HP

post-12-0-09910500-1469638947_thumb.jpg

Ford Mustang GT500 663HP

post-12-0-71702500-1469638950_thumb.jpg

Dodge Charger / Challanger 707HP

post-12-0-80403600-1469638949_thumb.jpg

BIG QUESTION For the Money and Power what would you choose?

Out of that list, it'd probably have to be CTS-V if I had to live with practicalities in mind.

Charger....nahhhh, I need some new blood.

Otherwise I'd probably just get a new McLaren....or Ford GT or whatever midengine GM wants to do in the next 5 years or so (if the rumours are true).

If it will be my one vehicle it's easy to say CTS-V as nothing there really touches it. The Bentley does but no thanks. If this is a second car I'd probably want something to drive and not just be a show car so it's actually tough to decide between the ZL1(I think the body tweaks completely change the look of the car and I love it!), Z06(because it's a super car killer), or a GT500(because I can't get a Camaro over a Mustang!!!). Corvettes are super badass but I've just always liked the pony cars more, GT500 has a solid rear axle.. so that kind of leave me with the ZL1 as my second car. Noooooow if this is a third car for whatever reason I want the Mclaren! It's a timeless piece of art but I would feel bad putting miles on it if it was a second car so it really would basically be a garage and driveway queen. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2016 at 8:14 AM, Drew Dowdell said:

The Caddy of course. The F1 doesn't even register for me.

Great minds think alike.....!  Strike up one more for the Cadillac!

How did I miss this thread?

Anyway...

In what context do we choose? As a daily driver? As a week-end toy car? As a garage queen trophy display car?

Either way, for me, the McLaren is a no!

daily driver: Cadillac CTS-V or even the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

week-end toy car: Chevy Corvette Z06 or even the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

garage queen trophy display car: Dodge Viper or even the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

You know what?

The Dodge Challenger Hellcat is really the #1 choice for me!

Edited by oldshurst442