• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

William Maley

Buick News: Spying: Buick Enclave Shows Off Its New Face

We have been wondering what the next-generation Buick Enclave would look like and now we have a general idea. Automotive News got their hands on some new spy shots showing an Enclave test mule sitting at a gas station. It appears Buick has made the Enclave less bulbous than the current model. The front end features Buick's new waterfall grille that debuted on the LaCrosse and a set of slim headlights. For the back, there's a new set of taillights and dual-exhaust system.

If the Chevrolet Traverse is anything to go by, the Enclave will get the current 3.6L V6 producing 305 horsepower hooked up to a nine-speed automatic. There is the possibility of a 2.0L turbo-four with 255 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque.

The next-generation Buick Enclave is expected to debut at the New York Auto Show.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
Pic Credit: William Maley for Cheers & Gears

View full article

Looking forward to this. Honestly I love the new Traverse... The Enclave is going to be the same in size but equivalent to an LTZ in lux to start and even more so in Avista trim

Since I do not have a subscription, Bing is my friend, so is this it? If so much less curvy and more SUV style which I like.

2018BuickEnclave.jpg

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

Since I do not have a subscription, Bing is my friend, so is this it? If so much less curvy and more SUV style which I like.

2018BuickEnclave.jpg

Pretty sure, and I agree....

Actually, I would rather have Buick keep the curvy look.  It makes the Enclave look less like the Traverse and Acadia.  The Enclave also need to have more features and amenities to distinguish from Chevy and GMC, and possibly build a basis for a Cadillac XT7.

Agreed that the curvy look keeps it different from the Chevy and GMC and we know there will be a Cadillac version too.  For sure there will be a 2.0t for China because of the displacement tax, so maybe it will be sold here too.

The Enclave is easily among the nicest, most upscale-styled larger SUV out there.

I would like to see the domestics move to the European model of car styling, and basically run with the same language for 20-30 years, since that seems to work on that end. There is a glaring dicotomy where U.S. brands are expected to radically restyle on a regular & frequent basis yet that expectation doesn't seem to apply to foreign brands. I've always assumed that was from a lack of talent, but who knows. To wit: the minor whining over the current Camaro styling vs. the prior generation. My response to those whiners: suck it; go buy a Genesis if you value stylistic indivi— never mind; bad example.

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2017 at 1:57 PM, balthazar said:

The Enclave is easily among the nicest, most upscale-styled larger SUV out there.

I would like to see the domestics move to the European model of car styling, and basically run with the same language for 20-30 years, since that seems to work on that end. There is a glaring dicotomy where U.S. brands are expected to radically restyle on a regular & frequent basis yet that expectation doesn't seem to apply to foreign brands. I've always assumed that was from a lack of talent, but who knows. To wit: the minor whining over the current Camaro styling vs. the prior generation. My response to those whiners: suck it; go buy a Genesis if you value stylistic indivi— never mind; bad example.

QFT Balthazar. Especially about the Camaro.

My only gripe with the Camaro is the taillights.. as I swear they should have never went away from the quad taillights the C5 debuted with. Other than that.. in the trim I would take it.. SS and above..  its gorgeous in my opinion

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      The next-generation Volvo XC90, due out in 2021 as a 2022 model will follow in the S60's footsteps by not offering any sort of diesel option. Instead, Volvo will be offering a range of hybrids and electric-only powertrains.
      “We have to prioritise – we cannot do everything. So if we want to be faster in electrification we can’t say yes to everything. That’s why [the S60] has no diesel alternative and we are not planning to have a diesel alternative in any new cars. The XC90 will follow this,” said Volvo CEO Håkan Samuelsson to Auto Express.
      Volvo's next-generation SPA2 platform will underpin the XC90, which is designed to accept both electric and hybrid powertrains. Don't expect a major change in terms of the design. Auto Express reports that Volvo will undertake an evolutionary approach.
      Source: Auto Express

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The next-generation Volvo XC90, due out in 2021 as a 2022 model will follow in the S60's footsteps by not offering any sort of diesel option. Instead, Volvo will be offering a range of hybrids and electric-only powertrains.
      “We have to prioritise – we cannot do everything. So if we want to be faster in electrification we can’t say yes to everything. That’s why [the S60] has no diesel alternative and we are not planning to have a diesel alternative in any new cars. The XC90 will follow this,” said Volvo CEO Håkan Samuelsson to Auto Express.
      Volvo's next-generation SPA2 platform will underpin the XC90, which is designed to accept both electric and hybrid powertrains. Don't expect a major change in terms of the design. Auto Express reports that Volvo will undertake an evolutionary approach.
      Source: Auto Express
    • By William Maley
      The flagship luxury SUV class is becoming more crowded with the Audi Q8, Bentley Bentayga, and Rolls-Royce Cullinan entering the fray. Land Rover is feeling the pressure and has big plans for the next-generation Range Rover to fight them off.
      Expected to launch in 2021, the fifth-generation Range Rover will move from the D7u platform to the new Modular Longitudinal Architecture (MLA). It will be lighter than D7u thanks to the extensive use of aluminum. MLA will also allow Land Rover to install fully-electric powertrains into the model, alongside gas, diesel, and plug-in hybrid variants. But don't expect one at launch as Land Rover reportedly has plans for stand-alone electric model that will have more car-like qualities - Road Rover anyone? A Range Rover EV will launch sometime after the launch, primarily for Asian markets like China.
      The current engine lineup, primarily sourced from other automakers will be scrapped. V6 engines will be replaced by inline-six engines from Jaguar Land Rover's Ingenium family. Its unclear whether or not there will be replacements for the V8 engines. Certain engines will come paired with a 48V mild-hybrid system. 
      Don't expect any dramatic changes to the Range Rover's exterior as there are plans to do an evolution of the current shape. The interior will get new technologies such as an updated version of JLR's Touch Pro Duo infotainment system and connected car technology that will allow you to perform various tasks such as locking/unlocking your front door at home. There is also talk of some talk of autonomous driving features making an appearance.
      Source: Autocar

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The flagship luxury SUV class is becoming more crowded with the Audi Q8, Bentley Bentayga, and Rolls-Royce Cullinan entering the fray. Land Rover is feeling the pressure and has big plans for the next-generation Range Rover to fight them off.
      Expected to launch in 2021, the fifth-generation Range Rover will move from the D7u platform to the new Modular Longitudinal Architecture (MLA). It will be lighter than D7u thanks to the extensive use of aluminum. MLA will also allow Land Rover to install fully-electric powertrains into the model, alongside gas, diesel, and plug-in hybrid variants. But don't expect one at launch as Land Rover reportedly has plans for stand-alone electric model that will have more car-like qualities - Road Rover anyone? A Range Rover EV will launch sometime after the launch, primarily for Asian markets like China.
      The current engine lineup, primarily sourced from other automakers will be scrapped. V6 engines will be replaced by inline-six engines from Jaguar Land Rover's Ingenium family. Its unclear whether or not there will be replacements for the V8 engines. Certain engines will come paired with a 48V mild-hybrid system. 
      Don't expect any dramatic changes to the Range Rover's exterior as there are plans to do an evolution of the current shape. The interior will get new technologies such as an updated version of JLR's Touch Pro Duo infotainment system and connected car technology that will allow you to perform various tasks such as locking/unlocking your front door at home. There is also talk of some talk of autonomous driving features making an appearance.
      Source: Autocar
    • By William Maley
      Let us wind the clock back to November 2016. We wrote a piece in the rumorpile  saying that the next-generation Dodge Challenger and Charger had been pushed back to 2021. It was unclear as to why the models were being pushed back, but there was the interesting tidbit that they would be using the new Giorgio platform - what underpins the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio. But there may be a chance that the next-generation models could use a heavily upgraded version of the current platform which can trace its roots back to the 1990s from Mercedes-Benz.
      "We may not necessarily have to go as far as the Giorgio architecture for Dodge as long as we are willing to commit to a significant upgrade to the current architecture to make it competitive. That's something that's already started," said FCA Sergio Marchionne during last Friday's five-year presentation.
      "Certainly by the time we finish with that architecture, you will not recognize its origins. We may maintain its bare-bones structure."
      Obvious question: Why not Giorgio?
      "The problem with Giorgio is from size and capability standpoint it reflects much more of a European performance requirement than it does the American heritage of Dodge," said Marchionne.
      We read this one of two ways. Either the current incarnation of Giorgio cannot fit a HEMI V8 or is unable to handle the power output of high-performance versions like the Hellcat.
      As for the Chrysler 300, Marchionne hinted that it might not make a return.
      Source: Motor Authority

View full article
  • My Clubs