William Maley

Acura News: 2018 Acura TLX Previews Its New Nose

The 2017 Acura MDX was the first model to lose the beak grille and the next model that is destined to lose it is the 2018 TLX. Acura has released a teaser for the model before its debut at the New York Auto Show next month. 

The image shows off the TLX's new front end with the diamond shape grille and oversized Acura logo first shown on the Precision concept from last year. There is also a set of the company's 'Jewel-Eye' headlights.

"The 2018 TLX will receive new styling elements that ratchet up its emotion and reflect Acura's focus on Precision Crafted Performance. Acura customers embraced the MDX when we raised its game with bold, new styling, and we're pumped to show how we're elevating the TLX experience," said Jon Ikeda, Acura vice president and general manager.

Acura also says that the 2018 TLX will come with "new premium features and technology enhancements".

Source: Acura
Press Release is on Page 2

Refreshed 2018 Acura TLX to Make World Debut on April 11: Bringing Precision Crafted Performance Design Language to Acura Sedan Lineup

Mar 28, 2017 - LOS ANGELES

Acura will unveil the refreshed and significantly enhanced 2018 TLX performance sedan in New York on April 11. The 2018 TLX will boast a more aggressive, sporty and alluring look inspired by the Acura Precision Concept that debuted at the North American International Auto Show in 2016, a design direction that already has successfully influenced the styling of the 2017 Acura MDX. The TLX refresh also includes new premium features and technology enhancements that place the TLX among the most technologically advanced and well-equipped cars in its segment. Watch the 2018 Acura TLX reveal live on April 11 at 4:45 p.m. ET at acura.us/2018TLXDebut.

"The 2018 TLX will receive new styling elements that ratchet up its emotion and reflect Acura's focus on Precision Crafted Performance,"said Jon Ikeda, Acura vice president and general manager. "Acura customers embraced the MDX when we raised its game with bold, new styling, and we're pumped to show how we're elevating the TLX experience."

The 2018 TLX five-passenger performance sedan was designed by the Acura Design Studio in Torrance, Calif. and will continue to be produced at the company's Marysville Auto Plant in Ohio with domestic and globally sourced parts.

View full article

Did not realize the MDX had lost the bucktooth grill or beak grill. I am glad it is going away. That was one of the worst looks and ideas ever on an auto.

Yawn, it is still an Accord, it certainly is not "precision crafted performance" because it has no performance.  I just read the other week how the MDX hybrid is the most powerful Acura SUV ever and it has like 315 hp.  That is a joke.  

27 minutes ago, regfootball said:

Bleh

last TL I liked for some reason but otherwise Acura is all a big MEH!

The TLX has very vanilla styling.

I own a 2012 TL, and yes, the beak is ugly, I love it, but I aint blind to the fact that  most people hate it! 

The TLX looks awkward with the beak worse than the TL does. At least the TL has all kinds of crazy lines and triangles to its design that compliments the beak.

Maybe this new grill will fit in better.

The MDX is just a pathetic SUV.

Guest AsianPersuasian

Acura is still my favorite brand and this new style will be showcased as legendary in years to come.  I guarantee it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      The rumors that have been swirling around for the past year have been laid to rest this morning. General Motors announced that Hummer will be returning as GMC-branded electric pickup truck boasting 1,000 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 mph will take three seconds. Those hoping for details about battery capacity, charging, and price will need to keep waiting until May 20th when GMC will officially show off the truck. Before then, GMC will preview the truck in a thirty second ad during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
      “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights. We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC in a statement.
      Production will take place at GM's Detroit-Hamtramck plant, with sales beginning next fall.
      Source: GMC
      GMC HUMMER EV Pairs Incredible Capability, Zero Emissions
      “Quiet Revolution” campaign telegraphs GMC’s future with its first all-electric truck DETROIT – GMC will introduce the GMC HUMMER EV, bringing bold design and remarkable capability to the electrified vehicle space, during this weekend’s big game, in an ad titled “Quiet Revolution.”
      The spot juxtaposes the staggering anticipated performance metrics of GMC’s first all-electric truck with the remarkable quietness inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      The GMC HUMMER EV truck will showcase the GMC brand’s design and engineering potential, and will feature:
      1,000 horsepower 11,500 lb-ft of torque 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising.”
      The GMC HUMMER EV will be revealed on May 20, 2020 and built in Michigan at General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant.
      The 30-second TV spot is scheduled to air during the second quarter of the big game. The spot highlights the anticipated performance of GMC’s all-electric super truck, which will generate remarkable metrics in terms of horsepower, torque and acceleration while providing incredible on- and off-road capability. All of this is combined with the vastly reduced noise and zero emissions inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      As part of the digital and social media marketing push surrounding the big game ad, GMC will take over the YouTube homepage masthead on Friday, Jan. 31. Customers can follow the conversation at #GMCHummerEV.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The rumors that have been swirling around for the past year have been laid to rest this morning. General Motors announced that Hummer will be returning as GMC-branded electric pickup truck boasting 1,000 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 mph will take three seconds. Those hoping for details about battery capacity, charging, and price will need to keep waiting until May 20th when GMC will officially show off the truck. Before then, GMC will preview the truck in a thirty second ad during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
      “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights. We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC in a statement.
      Production will take place at GM's Detroit-Hamtramck plant, with sales beginning next fall.
      Source: GMC
      GMC HUMMER EV Pairs Incredible Capability, Zero Emissions
      “Quiet Revolution” campaign telegraphs GMC’s future with its first all-electric truck DETROIT – GMC will introduce the GMC HUMMER EV, bringing bold design and remarkable capability to the electrified vehicle space, during this weekend’s big game, in an ad titled “Quiet Revolution.”
      The spot juxtaposes the staggering anticipated performance metrics of GMC’s first all-electric truck with the remarkable quietness inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      The GMC HUMMER EV truck will showcase the GMC brand’s design and engineering potential, and will feature:
      1,000 horsepower 11,500 lb-ft of torque 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds “GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising.”
      The GMC HUMMER EV will be revealed on May 20, 2020 and built in Michigan at General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant.
      The 30-second TV spot is scheduled to air during the second quarter of the big game. The spot highlights the anticipated performance of GMC’s all-electric super truck, which will generate remarkable metrics in terms of horsepower, torque and acceleration while providing incredible on- and off-road capability. All of this is combined with the vastly reduced noise and zero emissions inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
      As part of the digital and social media marketing push surrounding the big game ad, GMC will take over the YouTube homepage masthead on Friday, Jan. 31. Customers can follow the conversation at #GMCHummerEV.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      The Aston Martin DBX, the first SUV for the brand, will be debuting on November 20th in Beijing, China. However, some information and pictures have been released early. 
      The starting price of the DBX in the US will be $189,900.  A lot of money, but from the looks of the interior, it could be money well spent. The interior is draped in high quality leather, suede surfaces, and brushed metal trim.  AM says they spent 6-months just to determine the optimum seating position for 99th percentile male to the 5th percentile female.  This was done to make sure that all of the screens and even the hood are visible without restriction.  The center console is the floating bridge type that allows for storage underneath. 
      Order books for the  DBX open with the debut on the 20th of November. 

View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

• Robert Hall

Reality is complex
      · 1 reply
    • ocnblu

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
      · 0 replies
    • trinacriabob  »  balthazar

It's not possible to message you.  At least, it wasn't possible to do that last summer.  So I'll post it here.  I had a crazy layover back in June at PHL ... for about 8 hours ... and wondered how far into NJ you were from Philly.  What I did is get the PHLash day pass and did the self-guided tour of Center City before heading back to the airport.  I stayed too close to the center because of time. I actually wasted time by going into South Philly.  I wanted to venture out onto the Main Line and see Villanova.  That rail line was included on the pass I bought.  I had to manage my time because of the late afternoon flight to the Coast.  Cheers.
      · 1 reply
    • Drew Dowdell

Merry Christmas!
      · 1 reply
    • Robert Hall

Last work day of the year.  My client wants me back in January...which is good, really like working from home

· 1 reply
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook