2017 Cruze LT RS

Stew

So, the brother's ATS is in the shop again, this time getting the entire passenger side front LEDs replaced.  His Rental while it is being fixed is a 17 Cruze LT with the RS package. 

Exterior:  White does not suit this car.  It looks bulbous and overweight, especially with the RS sideskirts.  The premier looks much better with it larger rims and in a darker color. 

Interior:  Tons of room.  The controls are easy to use and work well, and it had Apple Carplay and Android Auto.  Interior materials left MUCH to be desired.  The thing is filled with hard and cheap plastics with that weird carpeted crap covering a few small places on the dash and doors.  The trunk is huge for the class, but the huge part of the steel body structure going across towards te front seats looks horrible and seems a huge snag hazard. 

Drive:  This engine is really lacking, especially in low RPMs  It is merely ok when moving.  The estimated average MPG in the car computer states and average of 33, barely better than he 31 to 32 my 2.0T bug averages.  Ride was pretty good, handling was merely OK.

Overall:  Too many corners cut, at east in the LT model.  Looking at a midrange compact, it would be pretty low on the list.  I am sure the premier is much better in materials and probably even covers up that hug piece of steel sticking down in the trunk. 

• Agree 1

Is your brother not having the cadillac dealership fix his ATS? Seems weird as I have never known a Cadillac dealership that does not give out Cadillac Loaners when you take your auto in for service.

So was a few LED's out or the whole thing not working?

Cruze is what I expect for Chevrolet and any cheap entry level small car.

7 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Is your brother not having the cadillac dealership fix his ATS? Seems weird as I have never known a Cadillac dealership that does not give out Cadillac Loaners when you take your auto in for service.

So was a few LED's out or the whole thing not working?

Cruze is what I expect for Chevrolet and any cheap entry level small car.

It is a Chevy/Cadillac/GMC/Buick Dealership, so it is.  usually they give him last gen Impalas so this is sort of an upgrade lol.  And the whole thing went out so they are just replacing the whole unit. 

I have been in other mid level compact cars and this is easily one of the worst.

5 minutes ago, Stew said:

It is a Chevy/Cadillac/GMC/Buick Dealership, so it is.  usually they give him last gen Impalas so this is sort of an upgrade lol.  And the whole thing went out so they are just replacing the whole unit. 

I have been in other mid level compact cars and this is easily one of the worst.

WOW, Sucks that he is being downgraded. The Dealership should be loaning him an equal type auto. I would tell him to ask for a Cadillac loaner and nothing else.

I love GM, but if you buy a Cadillac, then your loaner should be a cadillac. Tha is how I think and see it. I would expect that and politely state the case.

Good luck with his repair.

Back in '12 I took the '00 DTS into the neighborhood Cadillac dealer for some repairs, and was pleasantly surprised that even with a 12 yr old car that I didn't buy from them, they gave me a CTS as a loaner.. 

27 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Back in '12 I took the '00 DTS into the neighborhood Cadillac dealer for some repairs, and was pleasantly surprised that even with a 12 yr old car that I didn't buy from them, they gave me a CTS as a loaner.. 

That is how it is supposed to be as the goal is to get people to upgrade to newer Cadillacs. I feel this dealership is failing it's customers by giving a downgraded from a cadillac to a chevy to their customers.

Very sad! :( 

This thread highlights another reason why Cadillac trails other luxury players. You take your ATS in to get serviced, and you get a Cruze for a loaner. Lol, what a damn joke. Imagine taking in your Lexus LS for service and getting a Corolla loaner. Or a 7 Series and getting a base MINI for a loaner. Awful.

Oh, and yes, the new Cruze is a total snooze fest. It's a little big car. That's about all it has going for it.

Edited by Frisky Dingo
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

This thread highlights another reason why Cadillac trails other luxury players. You take your ATS in to get serviced, and you get a Cruze for a loaner. Lol, what a damn joke. Imagine taking in your Lexus LS for service and getting a Corolla loaner. Or a 7 Series and getting a base MINI for a loaner. Awful.

Oh, and yes, the new Cruze is a total snooze fest. It's a little big car. That's about all it has going for it.

It seems very inconsistent between dealers. My Cadillac and Buick dealers always give me a Cadillac or Buick loaner, but I've heard of this happening to other people.  When I had my CTS, I usually got a recent STS or DTS, an Escalade once. I bought my Avalanche from the Cadillac dealership, and when that went in for service, I still got a Cadillac loaner. I've never had anything but a Buick in place of my Encore, though some of the Buicks have been older nicely maintained units. 

@Stew  How many times your brother had to fix his ATS so far?

From your post it seems that it has been quite few times already.

@Frisky Dingo  I kind of agree.  I know somebody who had Range Rover and got Land Rover Discovery (older one) as a loaner, he was so pissed off he let me took Land Rover off road and do with it pretty much as I please.  It was fun :) 

Edited by ykX
  • Haha 1

the small turbo like in my Malibu, doesnt pull hard off the line, stoplight to stoplight.  It's very frustrating.  That's sucks because at least with the Malibu, it does pretty well at mid range and higher once the turbo is on the boil.  I do get killer mpg at times though.  I had a 14 mile stretch of 53+ mpg on freeway driving the other day.  I'd bet the cruze averages 35 mpg day to day drving in good climate for most folks.

Edited by regfootball
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 11:36 AM, ykX said:

@Stew  How many times your brother had to fix his ATS so far?

From your post it seems that it has been quite few times already.

@Frisky Dingo  I kind of agree.  I know somebody who had Range Rover and got Land Rover Discovery (older one) as a loaner, he was so pissed off he let me took Land Rover off road and do with it pretty much as I please.  It was fun :) 

It has been 4 or 5 times at least.  Doesn't have 15k miles on it yet

On 8/24/2017 at 10:37 AM, Frisky Dingo said:

When he had his Audi he always got an Audi loaner.  All A3s I believe though. 

On 8/25/2017 at 5:58 PM, FAPTurbo said:

a guy in my office took his s4 to a vw dealer for work and got a jetta comfortline as a loaner. eeh. 

cadillac should at least try harder than vw, it's not like they're a high bar to clear. 

Why would he take his Audi to a VW dealer for service?? And why should expect anything other than a VW as a loaner??