William Maley

Chrysler News: Rumorpile: Chrysler Could Do A 300 Hellcat, Dodge Charger and Challenger To Use Ghibli Platform

84 posts in this topic

This car shoulda been introduced if not with the Dodge Hellcats...last year with the Grand Cherokee version.

Not to say that the 300 Hellcat wont be MY choice for 4 door version, because instantly...I want this car as bad as I want the Challenger Hellcat...

With a catch...

At least if Chrysler could make the 300 Hellcat in AWD form...from the Jeep, you know, to differentiate it from the Dodge Brothers...and a little closer for it being more upscale type deal...

• Upvote 1

Chrysler sales as a brand are down 24% this year and mostly due to the 200 being gone but the 300 is down year to date.  Pacifica is still new, I imagine in 2019 the sales will decline from where they are now.

Minivan and Full size sedan are shrinking segments and those are the only 2 segments Chrysler is in.  Not a good business model

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

@smk4565 @Stew @surreal1272 @ccap41 @oldshurst442

We all love auto's and especially all have brands we favor, I would like to suggest if you are going to POST saying a model or brand is in decline or rising, a rebate is dealer or manufacture, etc. Lets post along with our thoughts some actual facts, be it a screen shot from the dealers web site, the OEM web site, post a link to our own Sales section proving the decline or rise.

Enough of blow out from our butts!

I love ya all and enjoy the conversations but the vague statements really need to end. 

Not picking on anyone person but using this as an example.

SMK says Chrysler's lone two products 300 and Pacifica is in sales decline.

Proof:

August shows the following

300 down 23% to 4,073 units moved

Pacifica up 2% to 7621 units moved

July shows the following

300 up 31% at 3,090 units moved

Pacifica up 5% to 8288 units moved

June shows the following

300 up 47% to 5355 units moved

Pacifica up 59% to 12,399 units moved

These figures are what Bill posted in the sales section of the monthly sales figures per OEM.

So in this case the proof is for the most part Chrysler sales are up on these two models only. I did not bother with the other chrysler versions that are EOL.

Please post facts to back up your statements.

Thank you!

Lol wtf did I say here about sales being up or down? 

@dfelt only tag relevant members. Hahaha

39 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Chrysler sales as a brand are down 24% this year and mostly due to the 200 being gone but the 300 is down year to date.  Pacifica is still new, I imagine in 2019 the sales will decline from where they are now.

Minivan and Full size sedan are shrinking segments and those are the only 2 segments Chrysler is in.  Not a good business model

And quite honestly...a luxury muscle car that aint even a cop car like its Charger cousin aint exactly gonna reel them in.

There is a reason why the 300 SRT went away in the first place...

What a role reversal...when the LX cars were first introduced, 'twas the Bentley like 300 that was all the rage...and the wanna-be gangsta folk all went bananas for them...but when the cops started driving Chargers, twas the Charger that became cool..that would also be ironic as wanna-be gangsta folk advertised thuggery and criminality...and now the LX cop car that symbolizes the law is on top...

Edited by oldshurst442

12 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Chrysler's minivans always sell.  If anything holds back the Pacifica it is the bargain basement Grand Caravan still being offered.  The 300 is still selling well for a fullsize car and it completes a trifecta of 3 (Charger, 300, and Challenger) that go together to make production numbers what they need to be.  They are selling more than enough of each to make a good profit.

12 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Who knows.  There have been spy shots of the 300 running Widebody wheels and tires.   I do think it is interesting they have 2 crossovers coming for the Chrysler brand, I figured the brand would be killed off honestly. 

Straight from their respective websites. The Challenger cash allowance goes up to $2750 when you opt for the V8. The Camaro is the same across the board. Feel free to argue the very facts that you pointed out @Stew and explain why you were wrong to claim GMs incentives were higher when they are not.

D0F8ECDC-C246-4B75-8D6A-527FA7EB87A4.png

9F629156-C12F-4732-A297-E3A606116469.png

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Straight from their respective websites. The Challenger cash allowance goes up to $2750 when you opt for the V8. The Camaro is the same across the board. Feel free to argue the very facts that you pointed out @Stew and explain why you were wrong to claim GMs incentives were higher when they are not.

D0F8ECDC-C246-4B75-8D6A-527FA7EB87A4.png

9F629156-C12F-4732-A297-E3A606116469.png

You have actually proven MY point as I said "equal to or higher depending on model".   That is actually impressive on the Challengers part considering it has been out MUCH longer than the Camaro.  Realize also that there are different rebates and discounts depending on region.  Me putting in my zipcode on the website could bring up wildly different discounts than yours. 

How is that equal to or higher? FCA's is higher. 

2250 > 2000

Zipcode has already been discussed.. that's obviously regional marketing and that's why the original article @surreal1272 posted a couple weeks ago was the only logical comparison as it was manufacturer only across all vehicles. It wasn't a nit-picky regional marketing ploy. I could cherry pick almost any make's rebates at a certain time and location to win an argument if that was the case. Surreal's was a monthly average by the manufacturer themselves, no dealer added BS. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Stew said:

You have actually proven MY point as I said "equal to or higher depending on model".   That is actually impressive on the Challengers part considering it has been out MUCH longer than the Camaro.  Realize also that there are different rebates and discounts depending on region.  Me putting in my zipcode on the website could bring up wildly different discounts than yours. 

Buzz! Wrong answer. You clearly stated manufacturer numbers and they are not equal. Dodge is offering higher rebates and it’s age reflects that. Sorry but you wanted to go there about rebates and were wrong hence your excuses for it’s age. Your point was not proven at all. You said GMs were equal or higher. They are neither.

Oh and neither site asked for my zip code so you are wrong on that as well. 

Edited by surreal1272

Sorry, didn't look at the photos and I read your post as they were completely even.  Still,2k for a car on the market 2 year vs 2250 on one going on 10 years.  Says more bad about the Camaro anyway.  And what is with 20% off MSRP on Cruze, Malibu, and Trax?  2 of those have on 2 model years under them as well.  That is like minimum 4k off a Malibu and 3 grand of a Cruze tio 6 grand or more depending on model  And nearly 11 grand on some Silverados before you even haggle with the dealer?

image.thumb.png.f359967e38bb037ff4075ece154b5684.png

image.thumb.png.944868868f49170466581a2e574e18a8.png

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

@surreal1272 Do you still have that link? I have no clue what thread that was in. 

They link wouldn't even be accurate any longer.  Rebates are constantly changing.  I will say Chrysler 300 rebates are crazy and make them a hell of a deal/.  Priced out a Hemi 300S with basically every option for roughly 37k. 

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

And what is with 20% off MSRP on Cruze, Malibu, and Trax? 

I haven't looked but those are usually only on specific trims, but I could be wrong. They'll do that to lower trims to get you in the doors... 

Just now, ccap41 said:

I haven't looked but those are usually only on specific trims, but I could be wrong. They'll do that to lower trims to get you in the doors... 

Still a huge chunk of cash on models completely redesigned only 2 years ago. 

There's also not much haggling on new cars anymore. Dealerships can't afford to mark them up all that much which is why the big rebates are typically manufacturer rebates. 

Just now, Stew said:

Still a huge chunk of cash on models completely redesigned only 2 years ago. 

Welcome to the auto market. Is this something new to you? 

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

Sorry, didn't look at the photos and I read your post as they were completely even.  Still,2k for a car on the market 2 year vs 2250 on one going on 10 years.  Says more bad about the Camaro anyway.  And what is with 20% off MSRP on Cruze, Malibu, and Trax?  2 of those have on 2 model years under them as well.  That is like minimum 4k off a Malibu and 3 grand of a Cruze tio 6 grand or more depending on model  And nearly 11 grand on some Silverados before you even haggle with the dealer?

They link wouldn't even be accurate any longer.  Rebates are constantly changing.  I will say Chrysler 300 rebates are crazy and make them a hell of a deal/.  Priced out a Hemi 300S with basically every option for roughly 37k. 

Oh stop it. You brought rebates and yes GM is offering them but on the average, FCA is clearing heir rebate hurdle by leaps and bounds. As far as my link, it doesn’t matter because you didn’t believe it then and even if I posted today’s numbers, you would still make excuses like you are doing right now. However, since you wanted to bring up regional deals, here’s one for you. 20% off of a new Charger SE. 

F652518C-81DF-41AF-AFAA-E47AD9D68173.png

• Like 1

Just now, ccap41 said:

There's also not much haggling on new cars anymore. Dealerships can't afford to mark them up all that much which is why the big rebates are typically manufacturer rebates. 

Welcome to the auto market. Is this something new to you? 

Nope, just proves they aren't immune, of course this is rebate season.......  And there is usually a grand or  considerably more depending on what you are purchasing.  

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

It was august's numbers. That's not that irrelevant at all. 

Just now, surreal1272 said:

Oh stop it. You brought rebates and yes GM is offering them but on the average, FCA is clearing heir rebate hurdle by leaps and bounds. As far as my link, it doesn’t matter because you didn’t believe it then and even if I posted today’s numbers, you would still make excuses like you are doing right now. However, since you wanted to bring up regional deals, here’s one for you. 20% off of a new Charger SE. 

F652518C-81DF-41AF-AFAA-E47AD9D68173.png

LOL, stooping to dealer websites?  try getting that car for that price.  Go to the dealer and try it.  When I was looking had a few dealers advertising crazy low prices like that only to find out either my region wasn't included or it including rebates that 99% of people aren't even eligible for. 

We were talking manufacturer rebates remember?  Oh, gotta change off of that because your argument was losing steam. 

1 minute ago, Stew said:

Nope, just proves they aren't immune, of course this is rebate season.......  And there is usually a grand or  considerably more depending on what you are purchasing.  

Trucks have always had massive rebates and always will on specific trims. The High Countries and Platinums will make up for those 10-12k rebates on SLT and XLT trims. 

I don't know why you're just fighting facts. Surreal posted a very fair 3rd party research. 

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It was august's numbers. That's not that irrelevant at all. 

I remember that and Ford had more than anyone in the top 10. 

1 minute ago, Stew said:

LOL, stooping to dealer websites?  try getting that car for that price.  Go to the dealer and try it.  When I was looking had a few dealers advertising crazy low prices like that only to find out either my region wasn't included or it including rebates that 99% of people aren't even eligible for. 

We were talking manufacturer rebates remember?  Oh, gotta change off of that because your argument was losing steam. 

Me stooping to dealer websites? You’re the one who brought up regional deals. Well, here you go. 

And my argument has plenty of steam. You made the claim that GM deals were equal or higher and you were proven wrong. 

Just now, ccap41 said:

Trucks have always had massive rebates and always will on specific trims. The High Countries and Platinums will make up for those 10-12k rebates on SLT and XLT trims. 

I don't know why you're just fighting facts. Surreal posted a very fair 3rd party research. 

Not fighting facts, I am showing actual manufacturer rebates.