January 2018: Ford Motor Company

WOW, 37,000 less autos sold compared to GM, Lincoln would be bleeding red if not for the Navigator. Sadly while I like the looks of the Continental, the interior space is terrible and since most people have moved onto the SUV/CUV thing, I do not expect it to stay a very big seller and the month sales seem to show that.

Pretty much if it was not for the Police packaged cars / suvs and trucks, Ford would be nothing but sales loss. Interesting :scratchchin:

The interior space isn't terrible, in any way. I don't think I've read a single professional review saying it was cramped in any way. 

"Rear-seat occupants enjoy the full limousine treatment with an elevated seating height, indulgent legroom, and a headliner contoured to accommodate the lankiest tycoon."

29 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The interior space isn't terrible, in any way. I don't think I've read a single professional review saying it was cramped in any way. 

"Rear-seat occupants enjoy the full limousine treatment with an elevated seating height, indulgent legroom, and a headliner contoured to accommodate the lankiest tycoon."

And that is the rub, most reviewers are clueless about the true full size Continentals not this mid size version and the interior space is cramped if your over 5'8" tall. I have verified that myself and talked with many others that agree, for bigger people, the continental is cramped inside.

Ford did a very nice job in the quality of the interior but they must like Japan used small people when sizing it as it is not spacious like the reviews state. Those being used as Private car service always have the front passenger seat pulled up max and even then it is not that much more.

Nice car, but interior is cramped to me.

It isn't a mid size version. It is classified as a full-size car. 

There is no way it is cramped inside for anybody that isn't a freak. Yeah, it isn't a truck. But you'll be disappointed in 99% of cars if you are expecting that kind of air space in a car, about the only vehicles you'll be satisfied in are S Classes, Rolls Royces, and Bentleys. 

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

There is no way it is cramped inside for anybody that isn't a freak. Yeah, it isn't a truck. But you'll be disappointed in 99% of cars if you are expecting that kind of air space in a car, about the only vehicles you'll be satisfied in are S Classes, Rolls Royces, and Bentleys. 

I've sat in the new Continental, i fit fine..(I'm 6'0").   The driver's seat is quite adjustable. 

30 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I've sat in the new Continental, i fit fine..(I'm 6'0").   The driver's seat is quite adjustable. 

Yeah, If their marketing is accurate(who knows about that...) it's the most adjustable seat available if you get the 30-way seat. 

I sat in one last week and it felt great but I can't imagine how long it would take me to dial that seat in to perfection. I could see myself having to tweak that for a month or two before really finding the sweet spot with that many adjustments. 

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Lincoln sales: Ouch!   But with that product line, that is what you get.

Ford SUVs were down, clearly they lack crossover coupes.

Maybe they can bring back the Mark nomenclature for crossover coupes....a Mark IX LSC maybe? ;)

On 2/1/2018 at 8:50 AM, ccap41 said:

I grew up with true full size Continentals, Delta 98 station wagons and Cadillac Brougham. Those are full size cars.

Today's full size cars are histories mid size and the continental is just that, a beautiful looking auto with mid size tight interior portions to me. Maybe what they need is a Continental station wagon.

Continental Station Wagon.jpg

Plus the coupe style eats rear headroom and not just on this car but all of them. Worst trend ever is making coupe style on all sedans.

Ford should bring back the Comet! :) 

They're spunky though.  Hilarious looking and kinda cool.  Plus they are the world's best selling vehicle in the size class, and they've been proven for many years in Third World countries.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

They're spunky though.  Hilarious looking and kinda cool.  Plus they are the world's best selling vehicle in the size class, and they've been proven for many years in Third World countries.

Haven't seen one yet.  They look like they sit higher than a Trax.  Would like to see one parked next to a Trax. 

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

...third world countries can keep them...along with poor water, poor sanitation, air pollution, mass unemployment, and early death.

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Local dealer has two Redline Trax', in sinister black.  It's a decent trim package but it needs foglights to complete the look.

I would rather see you get another Colorado.

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I sat in one at the auto show and it wasn't great but at least it had a center arm rest, unlike some of the other baby CUVs. I couldn't live without one of those. 

I really don't like any of the baby CUV's honestly.  And definitely on the center arm rest.....

• Like 1

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings